Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2009, 07:54 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,248,320 times

Advertisements

Let's stick to the topic please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 07:58 PM

11,759 posts, read 14,650,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
I believe the point is - while many American people are tightening their belts and doing without - the presidential vacation entourage incurs a financial burden on the people who are paying the taxes.

Is that the kind of example we should emulate?
Shaft other people with the bill for our fun and festivities?

Shame on Mr. Obama.
No, the point is that the OP is a right-winger taking another opportunity to attack Obama.

Apparently you are also.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:58 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I don't answer condescening, snarky questions. If you want an answer from me you will have to ask me respectfully. Got that sonny?
LOL, well theliberalvoice is female & I still have no response to my question. And it wasn't even condescending OR snarky....I feel a little offended.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:59 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,515 times
Because everyone works better without a break.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:00 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,248,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
No, the point is that the OP is a right-winger taking another opportunity to attack Obama.

Apparently you are also.
I asked a straightforward question. How do you know I'm not a p***ed off liberal? There are plenty of them right now.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:04 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
I don't stay in low budget motels when I go on vacation and don't expet the POTUS to either. Nobody here really does so why blather on about that?

And nobody can actually believe we should ALL (including the POTUS) just stop spending money on anything until the homeless problem is solved or whatever. So why rant and rave about that?

So may questions, so many stupid answers.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:09 PM

19,023 posts, read 14,198,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post

Apparently you are also.
I don't object to him spending his own money for a vacation.
I object to him telling us that we're going to pay more taxes, pay more in utilities, pay pay pay...

While he and his family AND friends will be enjoying a ten day vacation, at OUR EXPENSE... it is not an 'attack'.

Obama Christmas: First Family Heads to Hawaii - ABC News
Staying in this $8.9 million house, which Zimel has dubbed the "Obama Winter White House," will cost around $4,000 a night. The two houses next door will be occupied by Obama family members and friends.
(10 days x 4,000 = $40,000 ... and that doesn't include the cost for renting the two houses next door!)

If you have any data that shows that the staff, secret service agents, and military aides are paying for their own transportation, food, lodgings, I will beg your pardon.

But when he parties on MY DIME, he's shameful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't stay in low budget motels when I go on vacation and don't expet the POTUS to either. Nobody here really does so why blather on about that?

And nobody can actually believe we should ALL (including the POTUS) just stop spending money on anything until the homeless problem is solved or whatever. So why rant and rave about that?

Now wait a minute...I've stayed at a low budget motel. I'm talking Bates motel, the kind w/a dead hooker under the bed. Fun times. And you're right, isn't the name of the game to SPEND money? *head swiveling in confusion*...what's the problem here again? Oh that's right, the jealousy over the Hawaii trip. Well you know, I wish I could indulge in all night eatings of poi & fried pig but I've got my ObamaAid that needs to be drunk up. Cheers!

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post

Exactly. He is the president. Not only that but if he stays at a low budget hotel, I am sure that he won't be very safe and neither would his family.

I agree. I thought the right was all about capitalism. He has the money so he is spending it. What is wrong with that?

Old 12-23-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post

But when he parties on MY DIME, he's shameful.
I wonder if he parties like a rockstar. I want to see footage of this partying & I want there to be a handmade sign that says "Hahaha, suckers!!! This party is being paid for by YOU!!!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies