Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2009, 08:11 PM

221 posts, read 228,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Exactly. He is the president. Not only that but if he stays at a low budget hotel, I am sure that he won't be very safe and neither would his family.

I agree. I thought the right was all about capitalism. He has the money so he is spending it. What is wrong with that?
He's not a Republican!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 08:12 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID65 View Post
He's not a Republican!
Whoops. I forgot. Thanks for the reminder.

Happy Holidays to you all!

Old 12-23-2009, 08:13 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
I don't object to him spending his own money for a vacation.
I object to him telling us that we're going to pay more taxes, pay more in utilities, pay pay pay...

While he and his family AND friends will be enjoying a ten day vacation, at OUR EXPENSE... it is not an 'attack'.

Obama Christmas: First Family Heads to Hawaii - ABC News
Staying in this $8.9 million house, which Zimel has dubbed the "Obama Winter White House," will cost around $4,000 a night. The two houses next door will be occupied by Obama family members and friends.
(10 days x 4,000 = $40,000 ... and that doesn't include the cost for renting the two houses next door!)

If you have any data that shows that the staff, secret service agents, and military aides are paying for their own transportation, food, lodgings, I will beg your pardon.

But when he parties on MY DIME, he's shameful.
and when bush went on vacation did you mind the expense then? I think every POTUS needs a vacation as it really isn't a vacation he is just getting away. there is no way we can get past the cost. the pres has baggage and security everywhere he goes.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:16 PM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
I wonder if he parties like a rockstar. I want to see footage of this partying & I want there to be a handmade sign that says "Hahaha, suckers!!! This party is being paid for by YOU!!!!"
The sign is implied when you tally up the cost for Air Force One, the crew (and their costs), the staff, the military aides, the secret service agents, the overtime, the per diem, the food and lodgings, and so on.

What do you bet will be the final tally for TEN DAYS?

[] 5 million (That's what the FAA spend on thousands of managers to party in Atlanta)
[] 10 million
[] 15 million
[] 20 million

Write to the GAO and ask them for an estimate.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:19 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,377 times
Quote:
The sign is implied when you tally up the cost for Air Force One, the crew (and their costs), the staff, the military aides, the secret service agents, the overtime, the per diem, the food and lodgings, and so on.

What do you bet will be the final tally for TEN DAYS?

[] 5 million (That's what the FAA spend on thousands of managers to party in Atlanta)
[] 10 million
[] 15 million
[] 20 million

Write to the GAO and ask them for an estimate.
LOL, this seems to be my saying for the day....lighten up Francis. Seriously, it's the holidays. Go have some yuletide fun because everyone else is.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:20 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,253,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID65 View Post
He's not a Republican!
You sure about that?

Afghanistan escalation
No attempt to overturn "don't ask don't tell"
No attempt to overturn defense of marriage act
No real support for a public option (I never campaigned on that)
No closing of Gitmo
Fought release of torture photos
TARP

Seems pretty Republican to me.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:20 PM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
and when bush went on vacation did you mind the expense then? I think every POTUS needs a vacation as it really isn't a vacation he is just getting away. there is no way we can get past the cost. the pres has baggage and security everywhere he goes.
Yup. But he went to his own ranch... cheapo Republicrat.

My question: where does it state in the Constitution that we, the people, are obligated to pay for VACATIONS for public servants?

Servants who get paid vacations at our expense, when we don't - seems to be bass ackwards.

Let's do one step better - abolish pensions for public servants.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:22 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I approve of anyone doing whatever they can afford.
Well Obama can't afford it because WE the taxpayers can't afford it.We are already bankrupt and any further spending makes it worse. Don't forget it is WE who are paying for his largess and wild spending and galavanting around the world.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:24 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
You sure about that?

Afghanistan escalation
No attempt to overturn "don't ask don't tell"
No attempt to overturn defense of marriage act
No real support for a public option (I never campaigned on that)
No closing of Gitmo
Fought release of torture photos
TARP

Seems pretty Republican to me.
Then why don't you and the other righties love him?

Old 12-23-2009, 08:25 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Yup. But he went to his own ranch... cheapo Republicrat.

My question: where does it state in the Constitution that we, the people, are obligated to pay for VACATIONS for public servants?

Servants who get paid vacations at our expense, when we don't - seems to be bass ackwards.

Let's do one step better - abolish pensions for public servants.
Bush still had the requisite entourage of Secret Service personnel, etc along with him, and he also took other family members besides Laura and his kids. In fact, all presidents do that. We have discussed this many times before on CD. Look up some old threads. Frankly, the lodging is probably the least of the expense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies