Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 09:32 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
God forbid we should discourage smoking! Go buy a carton to put in everyone's stocking!
Not going to work you arent going to change that he said what he said and he broke that promise. If you want to debate smoking being bad thats another thing. This is about he said no increase of any kind. Well he didnt keep that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 09:35 AM

631 posts, read 719,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
actually he broke it to you also because he said he wouldnt do that and did. Just because it doesnt affect you doesnt mean he didnt break the promise

He did raise the taxes on those that does smoke even though he told them they wouldnt any form of increase in their taxes.

Since we are using your silly logic:

"Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.""

your = me. I don't smoke so I didn't have any tax increase.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeym81 View Post
No not really. Again by your logic he didn't lie to me. I don't smoke and I don't make over 250,000.

Also by looking at you quote you are so obsessed with did you ever wonder if he was talking about a tax that would include EVERYONE, like income tax?
yes he did lie to you also. He made the promise to you also just because you dont smoke doesnt mean he didnt break the promise.

Did you actually read the quote

"I can make a firm pledge," he said in Dover, N.H., on Sept. 12. "Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes."

What he said is clear. Just because you dont have to actually pay the tax doesnt mean he didnt break the promise to you also.

Your = all Americans He made a promise to every single American that he wouldnt increase taxes not any of them and he didnt keep that promise.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
yes he did lie to you also. He made the promise to you also just because you dont smoke doesnt mean he didnt break the promise.

Did you actually read the quote

"I can make a firm pledge," he said in Dover, N.H., on Sept. 12. "Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes."

What he said is clear. Just because you dont have to actually pay the tax doesnt mean he didnt break the promise to you also.

Your = all Americans He made a promise to every single American that he wouldnt increase taxes not any of them and he didnt keep that promise.

The more I think about it. He's only lieing to Family's who smoke .

I can make a firm pledge," he said in Dover, N.H., on Sept. 12. "Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes."

Good thing I don't have a family either!!!

See how dumb this is?

Old 12-24-2009, 09:47 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,332,495 times
Quote:
actually he broke it to you also because he said he wouldnt do that and did. Just because it doesnt affect you doesnt mean he didnt break the promise

He did raise the taxes on those that does smoke even though he told them they wouldnt any form of increase in their taxes.
lol, personal tax does not = tax on STUFF.

why do people TRY SO HARD to get mad at Obama? he's president, even if you didn't vote for him, it's too late to be pissy now, esp. for no reason. It's like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:48 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post

As for the war, I would like to see it over. And for the healthcare measure, it doesn't bother me because I already have coverage. The problem is that he LIED. The biggest problem is that McCain would have been the same way. I will be voting third party next time. I am sick of the lies, lies and more lies. I just can't believe I let myself buy into the Obama hype.
If somebody sets a goal to run on the treadmill for 40 minutes, but they can only do it for 24 it doesn't mean they "lied", it means that's all they could do. Compromising is something that shows a man/group that lacks ego, and is ready to give/take in order to get something done. The healthcare bill, while not perfect, works within the system we already have set up to provide more health care for millions of Americans. If a public option does not come of it, we still can finally help more people get the fundamental necessity to help sustain a quality life. Common decency for our fellow man, and compassion is a good thing. It may not be along the road you wanted, but that's democracy. Obama is not a dictator and must work with others towards his goals he set. I'm fine with that.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post

why do people TRY SO HARD to get mad at Obama? he's president, even if you didn't vote for him, it's too late to be pissy now, esp. for no reason. It's like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Stop making sense!

Old 12-24-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeym81 View Post
The more I think about it. He's only lieing to Family's who smoke .

I can make a firm pledge," he said in Dover, N.H., on Sept. 12. "Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes."

Good thing I don't have a family either!!!

See how dumb this is?
Whats dumb is that you cant see that he lied to you also just because you dont smoke doesnt mean he didnt break the promise

Old 12-24-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:

Really hes president? Are you serious? No way

Why do you all support a person that lies to you? Go into your job and lie to your boss all the time see how long you keep your job

Lmbo @ you trying to spin '"not any of your taxes" to now mean personal taxes

Old 12-24-2009, 09:53 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,498 times
Quote:

Taxes are taxes, period. You are splitting hairs with this argument.

People are mad and upset because they feel betrayed. He campaigned on certain promises, got elected because of those promises, and now is not following through on them. Why are you so dismissive of people's legitimate anger at having been lied to and taken for a ride?

What about earmarks? Funny nobody wants to touch that stale fruitcake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies