Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 10:24 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,697,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeym81 View Post
Stop making sense!
He's not making sense and it's good to stay pissy at the man, especially because he's president. He doesn't get free reign to do anything he wants whenever he wants to, no matter what some professor told you he did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 10:25 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,697,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Whats dumb is that you cant see that he lied to you also just because you dont smoke doesnt mean he didnt break the promise
They'll start crying when their grocery prices start rising, gas prices go up, their electric bills more than double, milk is double in price, etc....

Old 12-24-2009, 10:30 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
If somebody sets a goal to run on the treadmill for 40 minutes, but they can only do it for 24 it doesn't mean they "lied", it means that's all they could do. Compromising is something that shows a man/group that lacks ego, and is ready to give/take in order to get something done. The healthcare bill, while not perfect, works within the system we already have set up to provide more health care for millions of Americans. If a public option does not come of it, we still can finally help more people get the fundamental necessity to help sustain a quality life. Common decency for our fellow man, and compassion is a good thing. It may not be along the road you wanted, but that's democracy. Obama is not a dictator and must work with others towards his goals he set. I'm fine with that.
I don't think this is a very good analogy. If it was a goal, he should have said it was just a goal and not a promise during his campaign. At least that would have been more honest.

The healthcare bill is the most IMPERFECT BILL that might ever have been passed to date not to mention BIGGEST RIPOFF of the American Taxpayer. For such an IMPORTANT bill you'd think the President would WANT to take the time to do it RIGHT rather than rushing a crappy bill through that is not only unconstitutional (Where in the Constitution does it even mention doctors, medical care, health care?) but exponentially more expensive than a program would have been that simply paid for the medical care of the 5% of uninsured that need it. Why should taxpayers pay for insurance for 95% of the rest of the uninsured that might never need to file a claim?

The Federal Government bullying and dictating to us what kind of health insurance those of us that already have it should have just goes to show the major agenda is about BIG GOVERNMENT CONTROL OVER THE MASSES not about helping the few who need healthcare get it.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:38 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
To me, the smoking tax does not fall in the same category as those other taxes. If it does to you, cool, I don't agree.
Oh, so now YOU'RE in charge of categorizing taxes. How convenient.

OK, how about this one? He promised transparency on bills that came across his desk. They would be on CSPAN for all to see. Or "no lobbyists will have a place in my administration".

I think he should tax koolaide. There's so much being drunk, our deficit will be gone in a matter of months.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:38 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
They'll start crying when their grocery prices start rising, gas prices go up, their electric bills more than double, milk is double in price, etc....
No they will blame everyone else but Obama. Because Obama wouldnt possibly lie. Its the farmers fault that milk cost more.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:42 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
I voted for Obama. I bought into the "change" hype.

I am admitting I was wrong. So far, there are two major lies. First, getting out of the war. Second, I could swear that he said that he was "not going to sign any healthcare bill that didn't have a public option." What other lies have surfaced?

As for the war, I would like to see it over. And for the healthcare measure, it doesn't bother me because I already have coverage. The problem is that he LIED. The biggest problem is that McCain would have been the same way. I will be voting third party next time. I am sick of the lies, lies and more lies. I just can't believe I let myself buy into the Obama hype.
He tried like hell to get a public option, but it doesn't look like that will be part of the package. What would you have had him do differently? He's not a dictator.

He didn't promise to get us out of the war in Afghanistan, although I wish he would have. There is a timetable to get out of both the war in Iraq and in Afghanistan.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I don't think this is a very good analogy. If it was a goal, he should have said it was just a goal and not a promise during his campaign. At least that would have been more honest.

The healthcare bill is the most IMPERFECT BILL that might ever have been passed to date not to mention BIGGEST RIPOFF of the American Taxpayer. For such an IMPORTANT bill you'd think the President would WANT to take the time to do it RIGHT rather than rushing a crappy bill through that is not only unconstitutional (Where in the Constitution does it even mention doctors, medical care, health care?) but exponentially more expensive than a program would have been that simply paid for the medical care of the 5% of uninsured that need it. Why should taxpayers pay for insurance for 95% of the rest of the uninsured that might never need to file a claim?

The Federal Government bullying and dictating to us what kind of health insurance those of us that already have it should have just goes to show the major agenda is about BIG GOVERNMENT CONTROL OVER THE MASSES not about helping the few who need healthcare get it.
The only importance this bill has is it's historical aspect. The progressives have been dreaming of this moment for so long, they NEED to make it happen. And they know that they need to rush it through, before the next elections, when they will be handed their pink slips. Obama doesn't care about the Constitution, he only cares about the progressive utopia that he and his fellow academics have decided is the only way to live.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
No they will blame everyone else but Obama. Because Obama wouldnt possibly lie. Its the farmers fault that milk cost more.

Actually, it's Bush's fault.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:43 AM

631 posts, read 720,146 times
Quote:
He's not making sense and it's good to stay pissy at the man, especially because he's president. He doesn't get free reign to do anything he wants whenever he wants to, no matter what some professor told you he did.

Oh I didn't know a professor told me. Thanks for making assumptions.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:44 AM

631 posts, read 720,146 times
Quote:

You mean like they did when Bush was in office?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies