Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 09:59 AM

2,196 posts, read 1,993,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Boy, you said a mouthful. The country is running record deficits, the dollar's value is plummeting, foreign countries are beginning to balk at buying our treasuries, and yet we've just pushed through a new sweeping bit of health legislation that is evidently so complex, so expensive, and so riddled with pork that nobody truly understands the dimension of the thing. What's more, Congress has voted it through despite the fact that the majority of the American people had turned against the legislation. I vote independent, but I can guarantee that the 2010 mid-terms are going to be a bloodletting for the Democrats.
Good Morning,

Can't America's Citizens" take the hint ! They have been effectively demoted by the "Washington Political Circus" to perhaps a much, much lower and unimportant position than their proud ancestors were before the American Revolution around 1775.

Yes indeed... many of todays portentous bunch of "Career Politicians" have all but relegated the American Citizen to the catagory of insignificant and troublesome plebeians whom are not worthy of even the most minimal input into the current seemingly "Imperial Realpolitik" Administration !

Without doubt the day is coming when the extremely perverse "DINO"S" will be voted out of office in mass and rightly so ! That is if we the American People can retain our right to "Vote" in the long term !

What it will require for the American Citizen's of this great nation to effectively regain their absolutely essential position of "The Boss" over the "Elected Government Official" is anyone's guess ... but lets not wait too much longer for an effective solution that renders everything Aright !

Thank You For Considering My Opinion / Merry Christmas and May God Bless America ! / Lamar

Last edited by L.Funk; 12-25-2009 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: No reason / Thanks / Lamar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 10:02 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Here's an interesting review of the process we all witnesses.
Middle ground crumbles in health debate - - POLITICO.com

Old 12-25-2009, 11:45 AM

25,687 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It's costs, and what it will do, is no secret. What is a secret is what were the reasons the Republicans, right to a person less one Senator, opposed this unequivocally without offering any alternative plan.

What do they pay those old white guys to do, anyway? Just go to Washington to shoot down any legislation that benefits the American voter who put them there?

The party of NO
And 'NO' is the right answer when being force-fed tyranny. Personally, I add a big middle finger to that 'no.'

Old 12-25-2009, 11:46 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And 'NO' is the right answer when being force-fed tyranny.
Teabagger, eh? Glenn Beck fan I bet.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Teabagger, eh? Glenn Beck fan I bet.
Nope. Sorry to not fit your preconception. I just want to live my own life the way I (that's 'I') see fit. That's the way this country was set up in the first place and that's the way the damned thing needs to stay. I couldn't care less what the kumbaya-hand-holders do. That's their business. Have at it. But don't try to FORCE me to use a service that I do not want to use. My personal health and medical care is supposed to be my decision, not yours or anyone else's.

Live free or die.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:36 PM

Great links; thank you. I'm going to grab a cup of hot chocolate and read through several of them this afternoon. The one on the Heritage Foundation site looks to be very well-documented and informative. I will read it very carefully.

Old 12-25-2009, 01:04 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Everybody is enjoying a good screaming match about this new Health Care Bill the Senate passed this morning.

Some people stand on either extreme, while most people are somewhere in the middle.

But what strikes me is that NOBODY seems to know exactly what this Health Care Bill entails, what it will do, what it will cost, and what it will mean for our Health Care industry.

Furthermore, our Senators don't even seem to have a clue.

So what gives? Do any of you know exactly what it will and won't do?

Please enlighten us.

Old 12-25-2009, 02:57 PM

20,321 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
odanny;Teabagger, eh?
To you that's a means of personally insulting a poster. To many other's it's not such a bad thing.

Quote:
Glenn Beck fan I bet.
Who are you a fan of, since you brought up the subject?

Old 12-25-2009, 07:59 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Better first consider all the money the Republican party spent on all their wars and also consider all the jobs lost during the Bush era (most ever)

Yea, there is a reason that Republicans are a MINORITY party, and the irony is they are all white guys, and dont represent a single minority.

The party of NO also has NO IDEAS OR SOLUTIONS
You really don't get it, don't you? Let's see if you can actually think for yourself rather than parrot bullet points supplied by the DNC:

First of all, since you're obviously too young to remember, the abortive Democratic attempts to introduce nationalized healthcare in 1993-1994 resulted in the bloodletting that was the 1994 mid-terms.

Second, since I said in my post that I was an independent voter, I was not espousing a Republican position. The stupid Republican war in Iraq has definitely contributed to the fiscal peril the country is in. However, this bill will actually do more.

Third, the Republicans have been a minority party for all of three years. I'm pretty confident that it won't be after the November elections next year.

Fourth, you're espousing the Democrats as the party of ideas? Then how come these hacks are regurgitating the same tired solutions to healthcare?

Good grief, quit being a sheep. Both political parties are doing their level best to destroy this country, all because of nitwits such as you who cannot see the larger economic consequences of their votes. All you can say is "I want, I want, I want," and to hell with the consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies