Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 07:10 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
They are not. I mean every word of it.
You're a sick person. Get therapy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 07:13 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
My goodness do you ever need some more education! The Pope is far from being centuries old. In fact he is 78 yrs old so he cannot possibly be responsible for anything that happend for anything earlier than his youth. Maybe you can give us all some examples of actual persecution, oppression, violence, and discrimination HE is directly responsible for.

If the Pope knew of your deep seated hatred and confusion I am sure he would pray for you, which you are sorely in need of.
What we do know is that he tells Africans that using protection will exacerbate the HIV/AIDS problem and that his church bans their use. So at the very least, he is responsible for spreading dogma that will doubtless result in the deaths of many who aren't educated enough to know otherwise. But that's standard fare for the church.

So yeah, I don't excuse tackling him, but he'll not earn sympathy from me for being such a demagogue.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:26 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
oh, there it is "imperial grand wizards"
knew there was race involved somewhere
gosh it amazes me at the hate folks have
Besides Blacks and Jews, Catholics are the other target of the modern KKK...

Old 12-26-2009, 07:28 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
What we do know is that he tells Africans that using protection will exacerbate the HIV/AIDS problem and that his church bans their use. So at the very least, he is responsible for spreading dogma that will doubtless result in the deaths of many who aren't educated enough to know otherwise. But that's standard fare for the church.

So yeah, I don't excuse tackling him, but he'll not earn sympathy from me for being such a demagogue.
Condoms are not 100 percent effective in preventing HIV, so telling people to not rely on them and to use abstinence instead is actually rather correct, especially when the people in question often lack the education to even use them properly (because of Africa's education situation).

Old 12-26-2009, 07:48 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
You're a sick person. Get therapy.
Houston, we have a problem.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:57 PM

981 posts, read 806,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
You're a sick person.

Who told you?!?!

Old 12-26-2009, 08:21 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Condoms are not 100 percent effective in preventing HIV, so telling people to not rely on them and to use abstinence instead is actually rather correct, especially when the people in question often lack the education to even use them properly (because of Africa's education situation).
Wearing a seatbelt is not 100% effective in preventing you from being maimed and killed in a car accident. But somehow I think you'd have choice words if an authority on the subject made the announcement that seatbelts only make car accidents worse, using them is wrong, and that abstaining from using motor vehicles is the only 100% effective way to avoid car crashes.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:00 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post

The Pope is a religious leader so the only position he should take is abstinance and monogmy to prevent HIV and AIDS. HE is not the least bit responsible for anyone's life if they decide to take risks. HE is delivering the education everyone needs to assure the most safety from disease. It's far from his job and beliefs to aid is risky behaviors. The people who value momentary thrills more than their very life get no sympathy from me.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:20 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,990,034 times
Default The same with any group

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
It wasn't necessarily about race. I was just making an analogy to other hate groups.

And, I don't "hate" anyone. I just despise what religions like Catholocism have done to the world, and what they continue to do.
The Catholic Church has indeed been responsible for quite a few misdeeds. It is about 2,000 years old.

But, overall, it has done much good in the world - taking care of many people in need. Not to mention the many aspects of everyone's lives that are better because of the support of the Catholic Church for artists, medicine, education, etc. etc....

Lke many large organizations, it has had it's bad leaders over the years, and has injustices in it's long history (just like any long existing country or organization or other religious group on the face of the earth).

I wonder what group you identify yourself with?...Let's hear it?...I am sure that we can pick out some "indescretions" about it...

Or perhaps you are simply one of the all perfect individuals, without any blemishes yourself?... How unique.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies