Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 08:53 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The Dems sold their souls to the corporations with this bill.
The winners are insurers and drug makers.

There is nothing wrong with moderates. They were voted in by their constituents whether you like it or not. Not every Dem is far left; some are moderate. Just like the Repubs..some are moderate and some are far right.

The key is compromise which allows the parties to co-exist but that doesn't seem to be possible with this current administration. Their way or the highway it seems and anyone and everyone's vote is up for purchase.
I'm done. It's gone over your head. The "moderates" as you call them championed every corporate giveaway I listed. They demanded the public option be dropped. They demanded medicare expansion be dropped. They demanded the burden fall less on the wealthy. You can't seem to get this through your head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 08:54 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Thank you. You are learning. No liberal here has ever praised a single thing about a Blue Dog Dem.

If I had my choice they would be banished from the Party and we could just lose elections in the short term but keep our principles.

We need to give Americans a clear choice. Vote for corporate goons and haters and the party that worships them or vote for a party that has all American's interest at heart.

Corporate shills need to vote in the Party that loves them...The GOP.
Ah the party line. They were voted to represent their constituents not the party. An elected reps first loyalty should be to the health of their nation, their district and finally somewhere towards the bottom of the list to party.
The 2 major parties are corrupt and do nothing for the common man unless it first serves their purposes.
Party hardliners are the problem in DC. People who vote only based on Party are the reason the scum bags keep get re-elected.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:55 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
I'm done. It's gone over your head. The "moderates" as you call them championed every corporate giveaway I listed. They demanded the public option be dropped. They demanded medicare expansion be dropped. They demanded the burden fall less on the wealthy. You can't seem to get this through your head.
Oh I can. The DEMOCRATS couldn't stand together for this bill the way it was and had to change it so their own would vote for it.

Yes I do get it. This bill is the result of the Democrats bowing to please other Democrats. This had nothing to do with the right or Republicans.

This is the final Democratic bill. Like it or not.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Maybe the burden should fall on everyone and not just a few? Maybe those who stand to benefit most should have to shoulder their share like the rest of us?

Old 12-26-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Oh I can. The DEMOCRATS couldn't stand together for this bill the way it was and had to change it so their own would vote for it.

Yes I do get it. This bill is the result of the Democrats bowing to please other Democrats. This had nothing to do with the right or Republicans.

This is the final Democratic bill. Like it or not.
I would rep you if I could.
Well said.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:03 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
The whole debate is not about health care reform. It's abut saving the republican party. You ever notice their spin and how it changes as the reform bill changes? We could give the repubs every thing they ask for and they would still slam it. Nothing less than the total falure of the Administration and the downfall of the government as it now exists will ever satisfy them. It is political war and the dems don't get it yet. The're still playing nice.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:10 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
The whole debate is not about health care reform. It's abut saving the republican party. You ever notice their spin and how it changes as the reform bill changes? We could give the repubs every thing they ask for and they would still slam it. Nothing less than the total falure of the Administration and the downfall of the government as it now exists will ever satisfy them. It is political war and the dems don't get it yet. The're still playing nice.
So are you now calling the moderate Dems Republicans ?
According to padcrasher, all those options were dropped for 2 Democratic votes.

A bad bill is a bad bill regardless of political party.
The Patriot Act was a bad bill and most agree yet it still hasn't been repealed.
The Glass-Stegall modifications was a bad bill and most agree yet it still hasn't been repealed.

We have a Democratic majority in Congress and the White House now and nothing has changed..nothing.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:39 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,993,794 times
Default " Please Beam This Pitiful Bunch Up Scotty " !!!

Quote:
Well it doesn't take a college degree to realize that no spending bill will ever SAVE money.
They are spending more than they are cutting back and they have not taken insurance/drug increases of 10% or more into account.

The government has never "saved" us any money but they sure do know how to spend it and then justify it with words of "saving". And they never look back; they never study past bills to see how far off either they or the CBO was and take that into account for future spending.
Good Evening,

HappyTexan your post is most accurate as usual !

It is truly sad that the American People are being subjected to the absolutely vindictive and disasterous political manuverings of Washington's "Loonie Tune" DINO's" !

This piddling "Motley Crew" needs to return to the mothership immediately and take their horrendous " Smoke & Mirrors"" Health Care Bill with them !

Kennedy and Johnson in 2012 !!! We've had enough of the "Loons" !

Thanks / Lamar

Old 12-26-2009, 09:43 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
So are you now calling the moderate Dems Republicans ?
According to padcrasher, all those options were dropped for 2 Democratic votes.

A bad bill is a bad bill regardless of political party.
The Patriot Act was a bad bill and most agree yet it still hasn't been repealed.
The Glass-Stegall modifications was a bad bill and most agree yet it still hasn't been repealed.

We have a Democratic majority in Congress and the White House now and nothing has changed..nothing.
Well....the democratic party is a big tent. There are lots of different opinions on how things should get done. If they should get done at all. Just goes to show you that Dems pick up a lot of constituents from all spectrums of the political field. Repubs. seem to be the party of no right now. But I'll give you that one, they sure are united at the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies