Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 04:25 PM

283 posts, read 495,939 times

Advertisements

Let's Compare:

Total Personal Staff members for other first ladies paid by taxpayers:
Mamie Eisenhower : 1 (paid for personally out of President's salary)
Jackie Kennedy: 1
Roseline Carter: 1
Barbara Bush: 1
Hilary Clinton: 3
Laura Bush: 1
Michele Obama: 22
My how things have changed! If you're one of the tens of millions of Americans facing certain destitution, earning less than subsistence wages stocking the shelves at Wal-Mart or serving up McDonald cheeseburgers, prepare to scream and then come to realize that the benefit package for these servants of Mrs Obama are the same as members of the national security and defense departments and the bill for these assorted lackeys is paid by YOU, John Q. Public:[/SIZE]

Michele Obama's personal staff:
1. $172,200 - Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)
2. $140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)
3. $113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G. (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary for Mrs. Obama)
4. $102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the First Lady)
5. $100,000 - Winter, Melissa E. (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
6. $90,000 - Medina , David S. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
7. $84,000 - Lel yveld, Catherine M. (Director and Press Secretary to the First Lady)
8. $75,000 - Starkey, Frances M. (Director of Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady)
9. $70,000 - Sanders, Trooper (Deputy Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady)
10. $65,000 - Burnough, Erinn J. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
11. $64,000 - Reinstein, Joseph B. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
12. $62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events Coordinator For The First Lady)
13. $60,000 - Fitts, Alan O. (Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director for the First Lady)
14. $57,500 - Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant and Personal Aide to the First Lady)
15. $52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Associate Director and Deputy Press Secretary To The First Lady)
16. $50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E. (Special Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide To The First Lady)
17. $45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of Correspondence For The First Lady)
18. $43,000 - Tubman, Samanth a (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)
19. $40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
20. $36,000 - Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)
21. $35,000 - Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)
22. $35,000 - Jackson, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence for the First Lady)
TOTAL = $1,591,200 IN ANNUAL SALARIES

(Note: This does not include makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, and "First Hairstylist" Johnny Wright, 31, both of whom traveled aboard Air Force One to Europe.)
Folks, there has NEVER been anyone in the White House at any time who has created such an army of staffers whose sole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady's social life. One has to wonder why she needs so much help -- at taxpayer expense!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 04:31 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
all my work was for nothing.. Great post

This is pathetic, but expected from the wannabe diva. Unfortunately for her she's still bufugly, completely fake, and looks like a man.

Last edited by rd2007; 12-26-2009 at 04:42 PM..

Old 12-26-2009, 04:33 PM

Sorry. I went back and fixed it though.

Old 12-26-2009, 04:34 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
When image, partying, and narcissism are the most important things, this is not unexpected.

2,352 posts, read 2,278,820 times
Link?

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
I don't believe this to be true. In the past we have debated the merits of her huge staff, and have seen that with each first lady the staff grows and grows. I don't recall that MO is the only one to have her staff paid for by taxpayers, however.

Link up, baby.

Old 12-26-2009, 04:37 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
IF this is true, isn't it good that she's employing people? Why hire one when you can hire 22?

Those are some pretty good salaries as well, I'm sure some of those salaries will trickle down to you

Old 12-26-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I don't believe this to be true. In the past we have debated the merits of her huge staff, and have seen that with each first lady the staff grows and grows. I don't recall that MO is the only one to have her staff paid for by taxpayers, however.

Link up, baby.
Here's one link straight from her spokeswoman. There are other sources! You libs only want to see facts but can't produce your own when taken to the woodshed!

Michelle Obama’s Staff | FactCheck.org

Old 12-26-2009, 04:40 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,092,439 times
While I believe it to be wasteful, I also want to add that Michele Obama is no different than Laura Bush in this respect, and I have to question the first two posters: Why did you post all of Obama's and not of Bush's? Is your goal to play partisan politics or were you previously unaware that Laura Bush had as many as 24 staffers at 1.6$ million dollars per year?

I'm a fan of neither one, but how about some fair and balanced reporting? =P

From Factcheck:

"Michelle Obama's staff was actually no different than that of her predecessor, Laura Bush. "[W]e have exactly the same staff number as Mrs. Bush and our office organization reflects a similar staffing model, so insinuations otherwise are wrong," she said. Lelyveld said that the White House's "personnel records indicate" that there were 24 staffers for Laura Bush at some point. We were able to verify at least 18 staffers for Laura Bush, as of June 30, 2008, via the 2008 White House staff list published in The Washington Post's White House Watch column. Sixteen people were specifically referred to as a "first lady" staffer, and Amy Zantzinger and Dorothy Thornton served as White House social secretary and deputy social secretary, respectively. It's possible that someone with the title of "staff assistant" was assigned to the Office of First Lady as well, as is the case with Michelle Obama's staff.

The combined annual salaries for the 22 staffers we can specifically identify as working for Michelle Obama come to $1.4 million. For the 18 we could identify as working for Laura Bush in 2008, the total is $1.6 million."

laura bush personal staff members - Google Search

Old 12-26-2009, 04:44 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REIRehabber View Post
Here's one link straight from her spokeswoman. There are other sources! You libs only want to see facts but can't produce your own when taken to the woodshed!

Michelle Obama’s Staff | FactCheck.org

Umm, yeah - your link just disproved your point. It did say that Laura Bush had the same amount of attendents.

And for the record - I am completely against any First Lady having her staff - beyond say, five - being paid for by taxpayers. A staff of five or six should suffice whether the First Lady is a rep or a dem.

But then a conservative I am appalled at fiscal irresponsibility wether the offender is a dem (MO) or a rep (LB).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies