Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2009, 06:11 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How can the US punish him if we expel him to another country?

I have what they call a "good seat" - meaning, I don't get thrown off very often.

Expel him - yeah, that's the right course of action for someone who almost brought down a plane with 300 people on it.

More like rewarding him.
I was referring to the college he was attending. Read much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 07:36 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I was referring to the college he was attending. Read much?
Wha??

Here's what you said;

Quote:
I was not "flippantly dismissing" anything. I'm glad he couldn't do it. I hope he gets expelled for trying to make this bomb.

Get off your high horse, sister.
Nothing about a college here. Do you think he'll have time to get get "expelled", considering he'll be spending many years in jail?

I would say being expelled from the college he attended in London is the least of his worries.

I don't know about you, but I consider his terrorist act to be more than an "expelling" offense.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:42 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,551,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
You gotta love the right wing desperation. You quote an article that says

And from that you indict the "Obama" Administration. Unreal. The smell of RW desperation is about us all.

Father of Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab, Nigerian terror suspect in Flight 253 attack, warned U.S.
What's the difference between that and the FBI of 2000-01 not stopping 9-11 and hence earning the title "Bush Causes Sept 11 Attacks"???
Turnabout isn't fair play afterall?

Old 12-27-2009, 08:11 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,984,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
White House Releases Pre-9/11 Intel Memo - April 10, 2004

Since you are so interested Sanrene, this link contains the PDF of the actual intelligence report given to Bush just weeks before the 9/11 attack.

However, Bush chose to continue with his vacation rather than to act on the intelligence!
And be sure to read the paragraph of the Aug 6, 2001 Presidential Daily Briefing (PDB) on page 2 which states:

Quote:
Nevertheless, FBI information since that time indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York.

The FBI is conducting approximately 70 full field investigations throughout the US that it considers Bin Laden-related. CIA and the FBI are investigating a call to our Embassy in the UAE (United Arab Emirate) in May (2001) saying that a group of Bin Laden supporters was in the US planning attacks with explosives.
Bush was given the above classified memo by CIA Director George Tenet on August 6, 2001 ---- just one month before Sept 11th !!!

George Tenet believed a major Al Qaeda attack against the U.S. was going to happen soon ("lights were blinking red") ...

... and yet Bush just continued on with his vacation for the rest of August !!!

Unbelievable !!!

It's not as if this daily PDB report was given TO BUSH way back in Feb 2001 ... or March ... or April ... or May ... or June ... or July .... it was given in Aug 2001 ... just 4 WEEKS before the attack !!!

If that doesn't indicate how serious this PDB was ... I don't know what else would?

And the way Connie Rice played down this August 6 PDB as "historic information" is beyond comprehension!!!

How exactly would a call to our embassy in the UAE in May 2001 be considered "historic information" if this information is being given to Bush just 3 months later in Aug 2001? Does a 3 month timespan qualify as "historic"?

Last edited by RD5050; 12-27-2009 at 08:30 PM..

Old 12-27-2009, 08:26 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Wha??

Here's what you said;

Nothing about a college here. Do you think he'll have time to get get "expelled", considering he'll be spending many years in jail?

I would say being expelled from the college he attended in London is the least of his worries.

I don't know about you, but I consider his terrorist act to be more than an "expelling" offense.
Here is my original post on the subject, FYI:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Thank goodness he wasn't a good enough engineer to know how to make a bomb that would explode. I hope he gets expelled from engineering school.
Now I will agree I did not say what else I hoped happened to the guy. But give it up!

Old 12-28-2009, 08:18 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Again, how was this man allowed on the plane?

He was on a terrorist watch list, his father warned his own country AND the US embassy, he purchased a one-way ticket with cash, he had NO luggage and yet he was allowed to board a plane for the US.

Oh, the inept Napolitano has admitted the "system' failed miserably;

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Video: Now the system didn’t work

Old 12-28-2009, 10:10 AM

5,068 posts, read 10,131,243 times
Quote:
about his son's "extremist views" months ago.

Isn't that special. Obama has been too obsessed with HC to heed the warnings. How was this man allowed to board a plane headed for the US?

That's what I want to know.

Father of Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab, Nigerian terror suspect in Flight 253 attack, warned U.S.
It would have been a great help if this (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/International-Drug-Explosives-prnews-1971468192.html?x=0 - broken link) was better known.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:35 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
about his son's "extremist views" months ago.

Isn't that special. Obama has been too obsessed with HC to heed the warnings. How was this man allowed to board a plane headed for the US?

That's what I want to know.

Have you lost your mind? Since when is it the Presidents job to take calls from people warning of potential security problems? The fathers warning was unheeded, a huge mistake that needs to be corrected, but to try and blame the President is ludicrous at best. Not that it comes as any surprise coming from you, if it rains tomorrow I am sure you will find a way to whine about it being President Obamas fault.
Casper

Old 12-28-2009, 10:38 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Have you lost your mind? Since when is it the Presidents job to take calls from people warning of potential security problems? The fathers warning was unheeded, a huge mistake that needs to be corrected, but to try and blame the President is ludicrous at best. Not that it comes as any surprise coming from you, if it rains tomorrow I am sure you will find a way to whine about it being President Obamas fault.
Casper
The 9-11 warnings sent to the government about the guys wanting to learn how to fly 747's went unheeded too.

This current incident just sends a message to the terrorists that we are not secure.

What saved those passengers was a mishap with that bomb not going off like it should.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:44 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Casper
Just as the FBI ignored warnings from an FBI agent and a flight instructor
before 9/11. People who have just been roused from an 8 year nap are understandably hazy about what happened during that time period, and believe that all problems began on January 20, 2009.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies