Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2010, 12:16 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Everyone has their day in court. And Hannah Poling won
A rare mitochondrial disorder (that could have been aggrevated by ANYTHING including the common cold) is not autism.

The court system is not stupid. Judges and juries don't sit there and ignore facts such as the decrease in mental retardation diagnosis, the fact that thimerosol was taken out of vaccines and that autism rates still rose.

You can't have your day in court unless it is determined that there's enough evidence to go forward. On this issue the evidence is clear: autism is merely a new name for mental retardation, learning disabled or emotionally disturbed. It is not mercury poisoning and never was.

You and your fellow moms would be much happier (and less of a true pain in the rear) if you would accept that fact and stop threatening the health of other people in the name of your own ignorance.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:23 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
A rare mitochondrial disorder (that could have been aggrevated by ANYTHING including the common cold) is not autism.

The court system is not stupid. Judges and juries don't sit there and ignore facts such as the decrease in mental retardation diagnosis, the fact that thimerosol was taken out of vaccines and that autism rates still rose.

You can't have your day in court unless it is determined that there's enough evidence to go forward. On this issue the evidence is clear: autism is merely a new name for mental retardation, learning disabled or emotionally disturbed. It is not mercury poisoning and never was.

You and your fellow moms would be much happier (and less of a true pain in the rear) if you would accept that fact and stop threatening the health of other people in the name of your own ignorance.

Autism used to be rare.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
...You and your fellow moms would be much happier (and less of a true pain in the rear) if you would accept that fact and stop threatening the health of other people in the name of your own ignorance.
We are very happy, especially in the vast scientific knowledge that we have access to, which also gives us much peace of mind.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Autism used to be rare.
Because they changed the diagnostic criteria.

You'd need to have hand flapping to be diagnosed as autistic then. You don't today.

Yesterday everyone was emotionally disturbed or mentally retarded or learning disabled. Today they're autistic.

You do understand this FACT, right? Because the courts will.

Quote:
We are very happy, especially in the vast scientific knowledge that we have access to, which also gives us much peace of mind.
How does it feel to argue against basic public health measures? To put little babies at risk from whooping cough because you think vaccines cause autism? How does it feel to advocate in favor of dangerous and contagious diseases?

Tell me.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Because they changed the diagnostic criteria.

You'd need to have hand flapping to be diagnosed as autistic then. You don't today.

Yesterday everyone was emotionally disturbed or mentally retarded or learning disabled. Today they're autistic.

You do understand this FACT, right? Because the courts will.

How does it feel to argue against basic public health measures? To put little babies at risk from whooping cough because you think vaccines cause autism? How does it feel to advocate in favor of dangerous and contagious diseases?

Tell me.
I know that the whole premise of this thread has been derailed. Why is that? Autism Moms are not against vaccines, as the OP makes clear in original statement on this thread. We are only against the toxic ingredients in vaccines, such as Thimerosal. No mother or grandmother I know would want their child or grandchild injected with mercury in any form in any amount. Why would you? Tell me.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
I know that the whole premise of this thread has been derailed. Why is that? Autism Moms are not against vaccines, as the OP makes clear in original statement on this thread. We are only against the toxic ingredients in vaccines, such as Thimerosal. No mother or grandmother I know would want their child or grandchild injected with mercury in any form in any amount. Why would you? Tell me.
Your problem is that your premise is completely flawed. In the quantity in question thimerosal isn't toxic. When you make allegations that vaccines are filled with "toxins" (which they are not) you are indeed attempting to push people away from vaccines. When you attempt to sue vaccine makers based on this completely false premise you are threatening the production of vaccines and thus public health.

I reiterate: anything in large enough quantities is a toxin. The ingredients in vaccines are in such small dosages that they are not toxins.

Tell me, why is basic science so hard for you to accept or understand? Do you really think the public's going to sit there, give you lots of money and pat you on the head for such anti-social behavior?

Old 09-28-2010, 12:57 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
So for clarification are you for or against childhood immunizations in the year 2010?

Old 09-28-2010, 12:59 PM

46,953 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Because the rate of autism has gone up, due to the Thimerosal (containing mercury) in vaccines,
The available evidence does not support that statement.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Your problem is that your premise is completely flawed. In the quantity in question thimerosal isn't toxic. When you make allegations that vaccines are filled with "toxins" (which they are not) you are indeed attempting to push people away from vaccines. When you attempt to sue vaccine makers based on this completely false premise you are threatening the production of vaccines and thus public health.

I reiterate: anything in large enough quantities is a toxin. The ingredients in vaccines are in such small dosages that they are not toxins.

Tell me, why is basic science so hard for you to accept or understand? Do you really think the public's going to sit there, give you lots of money and pat you on the head for such anti-social behavior?

Why don't you answer my question?

Old 09-28-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
The available evidence does not support that statement.
The available evidence is worldwide in support of autism/mercury link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies