Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 02:16 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,546,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franurse1 View Post
Zekester, thank you so much for the information about the apoE4 variant. You may have given me the missing piece of a puzzle that I as both parent and medical professional have been trying to solve for 20 years.

Wow... I'm actually humbled. Glad to be of service to you. I hope this new information bears fruit.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:08 AM

37,769 posts, read 40,902,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
I'll try to answer some of your questions:

Many of the parents of autistic children will swear up and down that their child was normal until the MMR vaccine series at 18 months, and then their child changed dramatically.

The increase in prevalence can be tied to the increased vaccine schedule. When I was a child (37 years old) we only got a handful of vaccines in early childhood. The current schedule is 28 vaccinations by age 2. There is a pretty strong correlation here.

Mercury is suspected in other disorders like ADD, ADHD and other learning disabilities that have become literally epidemic.

Who stands to benefit: Big pharma will make billions medicating the symptoms of these children and on into adulthood, but now I sound like a crazy "conspiracy theorist" right.

Just a little food for thought.
Thank you for these answers. A young school-age relative of mine has some kind of autism offshoot but the parents and I don't live in the same part of the country and I don't know much about it. His much older sibling (20 years older) is fine. The siblings don't have the same father and I don't know anything about that side of the family. I thought it might have to do with the number of years the mother was on valium and other prescription drugs like valium, the older age the mother was when she had the kid affected or the mental illness of a directly related relative of the mother.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Thank you for these answers. A young school-age relative of mine has some kind of autism offshoot but the parents and I don't live in the same part of the country and I don't know much about it. His much older sibling (20 years older) is fine. The siblings don't have the same father and I don't know anything about that side of the family. I thought it might have to do with the number of years the mother was on valium and other prescription drugs like valium, the older age the mother was when she had the kid affected or the mental illness of a directly related relative of the mother.
You're welcome LauraC,

I don't claim to have all the answers, and the whole mercury/autism topic is definitely very controversial. I'm just not ready to close the book on the Thimerosal issue. My gut tells me there is something to it.

If you really want to investigate there is a very good book available in most book stores called "Evidence of Harm" by David Kirby. You can order it from Amazon.com

Last edited by Zekester; 12-27-2009 at 07:21 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-27-2009, 07:41 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,179,208 times
This subject has been discussed many times in the Parenting Forum.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:16 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,475,124 times
Quote:
I haven't seen a serious look into the apoE4 issue in regards to autistic children.

While they did start to take Thimerosal out of childhood vaccines, they didn't recall the batches that were already out there. Right now, as we speak, some kid is getting injected with mercury. Also, it's been stated by the CDC that current childhood vaccinations still have "trace" amounts of mercury. Why should they have any?

There was a study done on the isolated population of the Amish who don't vaccinate and only three kids were found with autism. It was later revealed that those kids had outside exposure through relatives and were vaccinated.

Also, let's just say that it isn't the vaccines. What is it then? People need to understand that there is no such thing as a genetic epidemic. The idea is ludicrous. There has to be something in the environment to cause any epidemic.
They didn't recall the batches already out there, but these would have expired long ago. Thimerosol was removed in the very early 200s. You could look it up in the links I provided. The only vaccines with "trace" amounts of mercury are some of the injectable influenza vaccines, e.g. the vaccine in multi-dose vials. The thimerosol is in it to keep it sterile with multiple use.

2. There was NEVER any Thimerosol in MMR vaccine.

3. Autism is not thought to be a communicable disease, therefore refuting the Amish study. There are genetic epidemics. In fact, the Amish are so inbred there are a lot of genetic anomolies in that population.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:40 AM

19,045 posts, read 25,151,745 times
Quote:

As to whether or not mercury can cause autism consider this: There is a lipo-protein in the body associated with the removal and excretion of heavy metals. There are three variants: apoE2, apoE3, and apoE4. ApoE2 & 3 offer good protection from mercury, but apoE4 provides almost none.
Interesting. I’ve never heard of lipoproteins having anything to do with the removal and excretion of metals. If there were a mechanism for getting rid of metals, I figure they wouldn’t be toxic. Accumulation of heavy metals seem to be toxic for everybody. A number of metals bind to sulfidal groups and can render enzymes inactive. Perhaps excretion can occur there. I’m not sure. Where are you getting this information? I’d like to read about it.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
They didn't recall the batches already out there, but these would have expired long ago. Thimerosol was removed in the very early 200s. You could look it up in the links I provided. The only vaccines with "trace" amounts of mercury are some of the injectable influenza vaccines, e.g. the vaccine in multi-dose vials. The thimerosol is in it to keep it sterile with multiple use.

2. There was NEVER any Thimerosol in MMR vaccine.

3. Autism is not thought to be a communicable disease, therefore refuting the Amish study. There are genetic epidemics. In fact, the Amish are so inbred there are a lot of genetic anomolies in that population.
I have studied and read some of the same things discussed in your links. If you look into it you'll find that the FDA recommended that Thimerosal be removed from childhood vaccines, but it did not mandate it which is strange. So who's to say that kids aren't still getting dosed with Thimerosal?

You say that there was never any Thimerosal in the MMR vaccine. This is the first I've heard of that, but maybe you are right, I'm certainly no expert.

And last, you misunderstood the point of the Amish study. It was not their isolation from a potential communicable disease that was interesting. I don't think I've ever heard anyone suggest that autism is contagious. The point was that the Amish don't vaccinate. That's what makes them a unique study group for autism, and the lack of autism in their community speaks volumes.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:11 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,166,877 times
Quote:
Who stands to benefit: Big pharma will make billions medicating the symptoms of these children and on into adulthood, but now I sound like a crazy "conspiracy theorist" right.

Just a little food for thought.
Typical conspiratorial voodoo that is ultimately irrefutable. If one truly believes its all a conspiracy (i.e. "big business making money"), there is no rational science, no reliable source of information that can refute such mutterings. This debate is the modern version of the "fluoride-in-our-water-is-a-communist-plot" canard that floated around for decades in the 20th century.

There is no link between vaccinations and autism. It's been shown in many studies. Those who deny these works rely upon either bogus/disputed "science" or (their usual favorite) conspiracy theories.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Interesting. I’ve never heard of lipoproteins having anything to do with the removal and excretion of metals. If there were a mechanism for getting rid of metals, I figure they wouldn’t be toxic. Accumulation of heavy metals seem to be toxic for everybody. A number of metals bind to sulfidal groups and can render enzymes inactive. Perhaps excretion can occur there. I’m not sure. Where are you getting this information? I’d like to read about it.

Hello Braunwyn,

Here's one link, there are many others just Google away.

You'll have to scroll down a bit to get to the relevant part.

Mercury on the Mind by Donald W. Miller, Jr., MD

Old 12-27-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
Typical conspiratorial voodoo that is ultimately irrefutable. If one truly believes its all a conspiracy (i.e. "big business making money"), there is no rational science, no reliable source of information that can refute such mutterings. This debate is the modern version of the "fluoride-in-our-water-is-a-communist-plot" canard that floated around for decades in the 20th century.

There is no link between vaccinations and autism. It's been shown in many studies. Those who deny these works rely upon either bogus/disputed "science" or (their usual favorite) conspiracy theories.
I knew it was just a matter of time.
I know, I know, the earth is flat. What was I thinking?
Have a good day sir!

Last edited by Zekester; 12-27-2009 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: add line
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.