Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2010, 10:28 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Well, they say that some autistic people can be very focused.

LOL! Wish I could rep you for all your posts. You've been very entertaining.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:44 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
cdc is the biggest fear-mongers going,they are responsible for a huge amount of suffering, anguish and death, all in the name of the huge profits they share nwith the pharmacytical companies and vaccine makers. Why don't YOU try reading something else???It might open those eyes of yours.
Would you care to substantiate the "suffering, anguish, and death" caused by the CDC?

Vaccines are not huge profit makers. That's why many companies have stopped manufacturing them. And if anyone shares in the profits, it is the people who own stock in the pharm companies.If you own any mutual funds, that could be you!

Old 12-28-2010, 10:59 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,514 times
My mother played with Mercury frequently as a child and never got poisoned.

My children have been vaccinated and never developed Autism.

There goes that theory!

Old 12-28-2010, 11:04 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,514 times
Quote:
2. There is no thimerosol in any routine childhood immunizations and has not been since 2001. There never was any thimerosol in MMR vaccine, one of the "bete noirs" of the vaccines cause autism crowd.

wrong. most flu shots(now foolishly recommended for 6 month old children, and pregnant women) still contain this highly toxic poisin..Why do you keep on insisting that mmr is the "autism" vaccine. One more time....It's the huge number of vaccines ...soooo many...that take so many precious children down the path to autism.

WRONG....

Pediatricians in MY area offers NON THIMEROSAL Flu VAX. So, if you are SOO concerned, ask for the non Thimerosal one and your kids will be just fine.

PS my kids have all been on schedule with their vaccines and No Autism here.

ADD? Possibly.

Autism? Nope.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:55 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
the study is very misleading..ALL the children in this study were vaccinated, just not with the mmr vaccine..the results can in no way be held as proof that unvaccinated children get autism as well..Now if they did the same study with completely unvaccinated children and the vaccinated, I'm sure the results would show an entirely different outcome,..but then they wouldn't want that would they, because it would show proof that the unvaccinated very, very, very rarely develope autism.
There is at least one poster here who has an unvaccinated child with autism. I tried to find the post, but could not come up with it. Perhaps he or she will see this and join in.

Here is an interesting take on the issue. Apparently many families with an autistic child have elected not to vaccinate subsequent children. The fact that some of those children develop autism anyway speaks to the genetic nature of autism. It ain't the vaccines, folks.

Yes, this is from a blog! The author is on the autism spectrum and has an autistic child:

Natural Variation - Autism Blog: A Simple Selection Bias Model Explains Generation Rescue's Survey Results

And another report on the same survey with an explanation of why we will never see a randomized trial of vaccination vs no vaccination and autism:

A vaccinated vs unvaccinated study - Wellsphere

Much as you do not want to hear it, unvaccinated kids do develop autism.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:19 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Autism is genetic. pure and simple

are a vaccination, or even a certain food a POSSIBLE TRIGGER, sure its possible, but it is entirely GENETIC otherwise

Old 12-29-2010, 10:07 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Autism is genetic. pure and simple

are a vaccination, or even a certain food a POSSIBLE TRIGGER, sure its possible, but it is entirely GENETIC otherwise
Genes can be manipulated.

They all have on-off buttons.

Course, there are always the possibility of short-circuiting with mercury.

The mercury switch can cause a twitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZgAy...eature=channel

Last edited by ergohead; 12-29-2010 at 10:17 AM..

Old 12-29-2010, 10:19 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
My mother played with Mercury frequently as a child and never got poisoned.

My children have been vaccinated and never developed Autism.

There goes that theory!
How is it possible to be so myopic and simplistic????? Do you really think that because your children are not autistic, that explains EVERYTHING? Wow, that's pretty narcissistic.

One could also say "I drive drunk every weekend and I've never killed a person in a motor vehicle accident. Therefore, drunk drivers do not kill. There goes that theory!"

Old 12-29-2010, 10:21 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,835,880 times
Autism is not caused by vaccines. There is an increased level of serotonin in the pre-frontal lobe, which is usually not an indicator of mercury poisoning. Not to mention the numerous papers that have disproved the "link" between vaccines and autism. There obviously may be some environmental factors. The CDC was looking at pesticides. I don't know the results of that paper. The CDC saw that immigrant communities near farms had statistically significantly higher rates (which is marginally in everyday jargon) than other populations. The hypothesis was that higher concentrations of pesticides may be an environmental trigger (autism's genetic component has been proven by twin studies...and studies done with twins who grew up in different households and towns).

Old 12-29-2010, 10:29 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
"The researchers blame faulty molecular programming when things go wrong. Specifically, they've identified an inherited defect in what's called "gene expression," which mangles the message from the mother's DNA to the future embryo."

Stanford researchers predict fate of tiny embryos - San Jose Mercury News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies