Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2010, 06:19 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times

Advertisements

Hey, could be anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq5j5rUiJbc

Old 12-30-2010, 09:26 AM

107 posts, read 214,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post

ergohead: Thanks for that Dr. Oz video. I missed that episode and am an organic gardener specifically because of pesticides, GMO's, and bad experience with my son's immunization. It just goes to show you that the chemical industry in this country doesn't give a crap about us as long as they make a huge profit.

As far as "hey, it could be anything"...there is some truth to that, BUT don't forget that timing is very important. When you see an overnight change in someone's health or behavior following a new drug/immunization, it's kind of hard to say it was "just a coincidence." By the way, I believe the pharmaceutical industry killed my golden retriever. The vet gave her a drug for her skin problem (one that is also given to humans), and 2-3 hours after taking it, she was lame (couldn't stand on all 4 legs), blind, and wimpering. The vet said she'd had a stroke...funny that this happened within 2-3 hours after taking the medication...more like the drug gave her the stroke. Before being given the medication she was a very healthy, energetic dog with a minor skin irritation.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:35 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedmom View Post
ergohead: Thanks for that Dr. Oz video. I missed that episode and am an organic gardener specifically because of pesticides, GMO's, and bad experience with my son's immunization. It just goes to show you that the chemical industry in this country doesn't give a crap about us as long as they make a huge profit.

As far as "hey, it could be anything"...there is some truth to that, BUT don't forget that timing is very important. When you see an overnight change in someone's health or behavior following a new drug/immunization, it's kind of hard to say it was "just a coincidence." By the way, I believe the pharmaceutical industry killed my golden retriever. The vet gave her a drug for her skin problem (one that is also given to humans), and 2-3 hours after taking it, she was lame (couldn't stand on all 4 legs), blind, and wimpering. The vet said she'd had a stroke...funny that this happened within 2-3 hours after taking the medication...more like the drug gave her the stroke. Before being given the medication she was a very healthy, energetic dog with a minor skin irritation.
could be a coinsidence too

we do what we can, they approve AND BAN what they can

DDT was one of the BEST insecticides...but also a major poison
Cloridaine was the BEST for termites...but also a poison
creasote is the absolute best wood perservative...but also a poison

our government/cities LOVE using asphault for roads,,(its 3 time CHEAPER and faster than concrete)(but only lasts 1/3 a a timespan) yet it LEACHES toxins into the ground

you say organic... I say BS

are you using manure???? bet it is not fully organic...

yes things are out there, and some may even cause problems...but aytism is GENETIC...do things TRIGGER, the GENETIC DEFORITY...yes..but it all comes down to GENES

Old 12-30-2010, 09:39 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,128,950 times
In utero neuronal migration with an environmental trigger.

Only explanation that makes any sense to me.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:12 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,200,354 times
I was searching around on Google and popped in on a forum for parents with autistic kids (there are tons out there) and on this thread people were telling their stories and almost every single one started off by saying their child was conceived using IVF or some other fertility assistance. Then I searched that and saw that there is a much higher risk of autism among those who receive fertility treatments than there is in those who conceive naturally. I never realized that before. Also, many parents noticed differences in their children long before the MMR vaccine was administered, which is the vaccine most ofted cited as causing problems. I suppose other vaccines could also be suspect but still....it's such a mystery.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:09 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Also, many parents noticed differences in their children long before the MMR vaccine was administered, which is the vaccine most ofted cited as causing problems. I suppose other vaccines could also be suspect but still....it's such a mystery.
This is very interesting.

The MMR vaccine must be administered on or after the first birthday, and in the US it is generally given at the 15 month well-child checkup. Many parents start noticing autistic signs in their children around that age, and doctors have long said this is coincidence. In this book:

Amazon.com: Autism's False Prophets: Bad Science, Risky Medicine, and the Search for a Cure (9780231146364): Paul A. Offit MD: Books

the author states that due to the near ubiquity of home video cameras these days, most parents make a video of their child's first birthday. He analyzed some.videos of children later diagnosed with autism. He noted autism signs, particularly the characteristic "flapping" in many of these kids at age 1, before they had ever had their MMR.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:24 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Wow, that drunk driving analogy just went right over your head, didn't it?
Are you attempting to insult me because I ignored your lame jab at comparing drunk drivers to vaccinated children? Tsk tsk tsk. Your analogy is irrelevant and you are reaching SO FAR to make your point your arm must be Killing you.

The question is "Are vaccines are safe?". My children are merely ONE EXAMPLE that they are indeed safe for MANY children and we have had no problems, medical or otherwise, from being given vaccines. It is sick children who should avoid them for a variety of reasons, but Autism has yet to be declared one of them. I am all for healthier vaccines just because it is better for everyone involved.

Autism Society of America: UC Davis Study Finds Children with Autism have Mitochondrial Dysfunction, are Less Able to Produce Cellular Energy (http://www.autism-society.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=16660&news_iv_ctrl=1882 - broken link)

Children with autism are far more likely to have deficits in their ability to produce cellular energy than are typically developing children, a new study by researchers at UC Davis has found.

Dysfunction in mitochondria already is associated with a number of other neurological conditions, including Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.

The researchers stress that these new findings, which may help physicians provide early diagnoses, do not identify the cause or effects of autism, which affects as many as 1 in every 110 children in the United States, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

I believe that vaccines do not cause Autism. There is NO study proving they do. Please PROVIDE A LINK to a study that says autism was caused directly and ONLY because of a vaccine. Not genetics, not environmental factors, nothing BUT A VACCINE DOSE.
Every child has different DNA and react differently with all SORTS of biological and environmental factors. Some are allergic to Peanut Butter, Bee's, Grass, Turkey etc... There is no reason to OUTLAW these items because of SOME people getting sick, and may even die from them. Be vigilant if your child has these allergies.

Just because some children are genetically weak and their immune systems may be compromised and therefore vaccines may hurt them rather than help them, does not mean my healthy children should not be allowed to get vaccines preventing them from catching some very NASTY diseases.
Quote:
Okay, let's try again using some medical examples.

Your children are unique individuals physiologically. So are mine. So is every child. Not all will react the same way to an outside influence.

For example . . .

Some people will have an anaphylactic reaction to a bee sting, but many people will not.

Some people will have an adverse reaction to a prescription medication, but many people will not.

Some smokers will get lung cancer, but others will not, even though we know that cigarette smoke is a carcinogen - that has been well established.
Okay and....

Quote:
I could go on and on, but I hope you are seeing more clearly now that you cannot simply state "my kids got vaccinated and they aren't autistic, therefore, the vaccine does not cause autism in anyone."
Show me the study that says IT DOES SOLELY cause Autism.. PROVIDE LINKS TO MEDICAL STUDIES. OTHERWISE, drop it. I want healthier vaccines, but I don't want people making others paranoid and scared of vaxxing there children.

Last edited by Taboo2; 12-30-2010 at 06:32 PM..

Old 12-30-2010, 09:13 PM

15,070 posts, read 8,627,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
It's not a coincidence that the human lifespan has increased since modern medicine.
No, it's not a coincidence, it's a brain dead, bloody fraud that you have been brainwashed to believe. And you can't even bother yourself to check.

I know .. you believe that in the "old days" everyone died at 45 ... or something like that. I've got news for you ... it's a lie. It was common among our ancestors not only to live just as long or longer than we do today ... but also to remain healthier and more active and capable.

They didn't have "shopping cart scooters" to carry your fat arse up and down the grocery store isles .... people in their 60's were still working the fields 14 hours a day ...doing things that a 30 year old couldn't do today.

Let's take a look at some recognizable names of our past ....

Benjamin Franklin ...... lived to be 84

John Adams ....... 91 years old when he died

George Washington ..... 67

Thomas Jefferson .... 83

James Madison .... 85

The medical establishment wants you to believe that the human race would parish without them ... but the fact of the matter is ... we'd live longer an healthier without them .. as a general rule.

Before modern medicine was invented ... what was it that kept the human race alive for Thousands of years?

Use ... your ... head !!

Old 12-30-2010, 09:54 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
^^So some wealthy men with access to good health care (for the time) lived into their 80s and 90s. Big Whoop! A few people always did. However, life expectancy is at its highest ever.

Lifespan

In 1790, half of Americans were under age 16

Mapping History

Old 12-30-2010, 10:00 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
^^So some wealthy men with access to good health care (for the time) lived into their 80s and 90s. Big Whoop! A few people always did. However, life expectancy is at its highest ever.

Lifespan

In 1790, half of Americans were under age 16

Mapping History
What the hell happened in 1880?

Mapping History
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies