Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 01:14 AM

639 posts, read 1,290,250 times

Advertisements

Politics in America is like 2 crappy football teams playing with a full packed crowd of idiots praying there side wins "just because"

The news stations perpetuate this, and exploit weak peoples need to belong to a group.
MSNBC might as well the Steelers/Anti Raiders station, with fox being the Raiders/Anti Steelers station.

They both just blame each other and talk crap about each other for no other reason but to entertain there respective sides mindless drones who are entertained by them bashing the other team. Neither ever have anything logical or educational to offer. It's a war to see whose propaganda is more slick an whose fans are more idiotic for supremacy.

Unfortunately, this is not a football game. This is the future, and we are currently facing issues that are crippling us.

Right wingers this, left wingers that... BOTH OF YOU ARE MORONS for supporting everything any side says, especially when 90% of you do no real research from anything but the most biased sources and are only following which side you were raised into believing in.

It sickens me that we can't unite for the better of the country. It won't change though because 90% of politicians on every side are nothing but sadistic psychopaths with an addiction to attention and power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 01:21 AM

952 posts, read 942,878 times
happy New Year

sounds like you might be in for a long one...

Old 01-01-2011, 01:30 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
I agree... and that's why I'm an independent-libertarian. Happy New Year!

Old 01-01-2011, 01:32 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,076,059 times
How true...like abortion and capital punishment, to me those two go together, yet in America it's often the case that pro-lifers are pro-DP and vice versa.

Old 01-01-2011, 01:34 AM

401 posts, read 473,858 times
I completely agree with you. The problem is across-the-board. Our congress passes laws that are no good for our nation. Even more insulting is that they exempt themselves from these laws. Then there are the shadow deals: by the time both sides go back and forth and pack a bill full of crap, it makes it impossible to tell what is going on up on the hill.

It is time for all laws and policies to apply to congress. This includes health insurance. They will get the same coverage that we will get if Obamacare becomes a reality. It is time for straight votes on issues. Lets do away with bills that consist of a thousand+ pages and allow both sides to hide their evil doings.

I must say that I am concerned that the ultra-left is methodically dismantling the foundation of our country and weakening the U.S. I will admit that I am patriot and like to see the U.S. be all the best that it can be. This includes leading the way as the foremost economic, military and humanitarian country.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:02 AM

711 posts, read 1,144,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
Politics in America is like 2 crappy football teams playing with a full packed crowd of idiots praying there side wins "just because"

The news stations perpetuate this, and exploit weak peoples need to belong to a group.
MSNBC might as well the Steelers/Anti Raiders station, with fox being the Raiders/Anti Steelers station.

They both just blame each other and talk crap about each other for no other reason but to entertain there respective sides mindless drones who are entertained by them bashing the other team. Neither ever have anything logical or educational to offer. It's a war to see whose propaganda is more slick an whose fans are more idiotic for supremacy.

Unfortunately, this is not a football game. This is the future, and we are currently facing issues that are crippling us.

Right wingers this, left wingers that... BOTH OF YOU ARE MORONS for supporting everything any side says, especially when 90% of you do no real research from anything but the most biased sources and are only following which side you were raised into believing in.

It sickens me that we can't unite for the better of the country. It won't change though because 90% of politicians on every side are nothing but sadistic psychopaths with an addiction to attention and power.
I agree.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:27 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,815,163 times
I agree with OP as well, really the left/right are the same in leading the nation into corporatism/fascism. Nearly all are on the payroll of some corporation and don't give a damn about the people, just themselves. There are a few real politicians out there that are truly for the people like sanders, weiner, ron paul, dean, kucinich and grayson, though unfortunately there are far more that are nothing but big business cronies.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:38 AM

764 posts, read 597,443 times
Been listening to some Bill Hicks lately? :P

Naw, you're right. I'd say the thing I hate about "my" group (left) is the PC stuff. I also think:

- I support the death penalty, and I think that when an inmate is sentenced (definitely proven) to death it should be carried out within a year.
- I hate affirmative action. I also really dislike Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, because they just make race relations worse. I cringe everytime I see MSNBC drag out one of them because something race related was said in the news.
- I think at this point, gun control isn't an option in America, and arming the decent people (not an easy thing, though), is a better option.

Old 01-01-2011, 06:06 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,836,717 times
I think that evidence should be the basis of policy as it relates to making our lives better. Compassion, yes. Obscure notions of nationalism, no.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:01 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,624 times
Campaign reform!

Once we prevent our politicians from lining their own pockets with big donations on both sides maybe we can make some honest folks out of them. Well almost honest anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies