Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 12:34 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times

Advertisements

linicix claim #3 ..................."Medicare C will be dropped."

FACT: It will not be dropped. Funding will be reduced.

The AARP is FOR less funding of medicare C for the because it's a ripoff.

It also costs the taxpayer 14% more the plain ole Medicare.

My source: Seniors concerned about cuts to Medicare Advantage benefits (http://www.statesman.com/news/nation/seniors-concerned-about-cuts-to-medicare-advantage-benefits-151339.html - broken link)

"Though AARP — which lends its name to an Advantage plan — and other senior advocacy groups support the Advantage cuts, it is likely that at least some seniors will see premiums rise, benefits cut or plans close."

l

Last edited by padcrasher; 12-28-2009 at 12:44 PM..

Old 12-28-2009, 12:43 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
Grandma has a plenty of reasons to be upset.

Yes are making that claim aren't you.

So far things don't seem to be holding up for you. And I've only researched 2 of your 6 claims.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:04 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,250,015 times
padcrasher...

Do be honest...

1- Do you receive Medicare benefits?
2- Does your company self-insure?
3- Does your company offer fulll health benefits to retirees?
4- Are you eligible for eldercare services or home health equipment?

I want you to research all the bills and ammendments offered on the health plan. I hope you are a lawyer who enjoys reading thousand so pages of pork barrel projects and back room deals. Don't forget to start at the beginning - which is in the House.

Before any time is wasted please remember that what was written last week may not apply today or tomorrow. And I doesn't hurt to understand how to live on a limited budget, nor a little about economics.

There is an old axiom in hournalism that says 'if it bleeds it leads.' If one reads the WSJ or the daily Business Newspaper it is possible to find an intellegent article on how seriors will be affected by this proposed plan but it won't be in sensational bytes in the nightly news because it is boring and tiresome reading.

I am not at all confused, are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
linicx

I think I may have found the source of your confusion....from the NY Times

"Employers who do not provide health insurance to workers would generally have to pay a fee or penalty to the government. The fee would be equal to 8 percent of wages for an employer with an annual payroll of more than $400,000.

So the employer who refuses to provide health insurance for his workers will incur an 8% charge not the employee.

Obviously if an employee has a plan....how or why would that tax even apply to his employer?

So #2 you are surely misinformed.

I'll tackle #1 when I return.....This is going to be a long thread by the time I research all 6 of your claims. And I intend to go through each and every one.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:31 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
I don't want the drug plans. I don't want to be surrounded by contraptions. My ancestors lived well into their 80's without a bunch of contraptions. What we need is affordable health care, and some kind of catastrophic coverage. I don't mind paying for office visits, or a temporary medicine, but I am not going to let them hook me on dope to keep the corporations fat.
let me tell you, many drugs do more than hook seniors and others on drugs, as you put it..many keep people alive and able to function. That is why the 70s are now more like the 50s years ago.
I am glad your ancessters lived so long, not all can say that...
Nita

Old 12-28-2009, 03:43 PM

Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
let me tell you, many drugs do more than hook seniors and others on drugs, as you put it..many keep people alive and able to function. That is why the 70s are now more like the 50s years ago.
I am glad your ancessters lived so long, not all can say that...
Nita

In my experience in caring for seniors is their are two kids of doctors. One who think less is better and one who thinks more controls difficult patients.

It is unfortunate that too often when seniors become ill it is life ending process. My house is tastefully decorated in oxygen equipment and accesories, inhilation therapy equipment, assorted medical and pharmaceutical supplies in assorted sizes and shapes for a blind patient who has COPD, Idiopathic Fibrosis, a diseased heart with one artery. and deep vein thrombosis. The result of the "stay alive" medicine is a person who is a bleeder'. then mix in the special diets, the OTCs. and bi-monthly blood tests, home nurses and physical therapists. I still have a mobile, health patient despite the falls and broken ribs. Throw out everything and the patient will probably not live one week. There are many ways to love a patient to death.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:02 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
The topic of discussion is: "Health Care Bill, Medicare and Seniors. What Can We Do?". The topic is not your fellow posters or any other tangent. Please stick to the topic at hand.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:03 PM

The idea behind this post was for seniors to discuss senior issues with other seniors. There were three posts by seniors before the thread was permanetly disrupted. The purpose for this tread was defeated by one member. I won't return either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies