Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 08:07 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
The father FAILED his child how's that!!!
Do you have any kids that you are able to dictate the behavior they put forth?

Perfection is not part of the human equation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 11:11 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I'm an old vet and I carried a voter reg card that said republican since 1970. It's only since 2004 that I've switched to Independant. The part I highlighted is the reason I have a problem debating honestly with you guys. You take the smallest grain of sand and tell every body it's a boulder. I'd like to see the link where she called Vets a terror threat. I'll bet it's nothing that you claim. And please don't give me some right wing spin blog interpretation. I'd need to see the actual quote.
As far as I can see the fact that Napolitano apologized for saying what she said about vets returning from Iraq is admittance that she said the words. Of course, we vets of the right took it as aimed at us but her admittance that the returning vets were dangerous is enough for me. Is this paper and its blog good enough for you? If not check for yourself.

Napolitano Apologizes to Veterans | 44 | washingtonpost.com

Old 12-29-2009, 04:29 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,616,709 times
I am as outraged as everyone by her incompetent statement and cavalier attitude towards the absolute failure of security in this case.

I urge everyone to do what I have already done - write your congressman and ask for Janet Napolitano's resignation.

Homeland Security will continue to be an expensive joke with her at the helm, and the next terrorist attack (which will absolutely happen now that this kid so easily penetrated security) will kill many hundreds or thousands...

You can find and write your US Congressman at: https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

You can find and write your US Senator at:

U.S. Senate: Senators Home

Last edited by HubbleRules; 12-29-2009 at 04:37 AM..

Old 12-29-2009, 04:37 AM

1,933 posts, read 1,824,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Do you have any kids that you are able to dictate the behavior they put forth?

Perfection is not part of the human equation.
Stay on topic if you can focus. The father was in denial. The authorities ignoring him surely did not help.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:53 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,686,730 times
Quote:
Stay on topic if you can focus. The father was in denial. The authorities ignoring him surely did not help.
A father who reports his own son to authorities can hardly be said to be in denial. Authorities immediately put him on a watch list. It's after this that the system broke down.

I still say that screening before boarding a connecting flight (esp overseas) should be done. If someone gets through minimal screening at a small airport they are inside a secure area and free to roam around the terminal and board without further screening.

Just wondering...since I agree we are in reactive mode...after the shoe bomber we all had to remove our shoes, and we still do; now after the underwear bomber, will we have to remove our ... ??

Old 12-29-2009, 07:42 AM

Quote:
The father was in denial when reporting his son as dangerous? And according to you the father is at fault?

And you dare to use a word like focus? Well, I guess lying to yourself and others is your kind of focus, making excuses for bad behavior. It is, after all, the liberal way.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
A father who reports his own son to authorities can hardly be said to be in denial. Authorities immediately put him on a watch list. It's after this that the system broke down.

I still say that screening before boarding a connecting flight (esp overseas) should be done. If someone gets through minimal screening at a small airport they are inside a secure area and free to roam around the terminal and board without further screening.

Just wondering...since I agree we are in reactive mode...after the shoe bomber we all had to remove our shoes, and we still do; now after the underwear bomber, will we have to remove our ... ??
Probably. Anything to avoid the PC no no of offending someone trying to kill us.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:04 PM

971 posts, read 1,294,031 times
Tom Ridge (R), the first head of Homeland Security under Bush, was on Larry King talking about this.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

My favorite quote:

"And I think she clarified the statement she made yesterday. I understood it. I understood what she was talking about. I don't think any right thinking person unless you're very, very partisan actually believed that secretary Napolitano thought the system worked - obviously it was flawed. I think what she was referring to was that after the incident occurred there are certain procedures and protocols that you put in place - that worked smoothly."

also

"DHS (Department of Homeland Security) can only act on the information it gets, and I'm not sure it had all the information at its disposal."

If you listen to the whole interview, he seems to place most of the blame on a lack of inter-departmental communication - most specifically from the State Department.

Last edited by denverkid; 12-29-2009 at 10:13 PM..

Old 12-29-2009, 10:07 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
She was talking about what happened after he was apprehended. It's clear to me.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:10 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,408,647 times
It is only a matter of time before Napolitano steps down. Obama's handlers know when to cut the ties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies