Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 11:53 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times

Advertisements

I have to wander if obama wants the econmy to stay in the dumps when lookig at how he has spent the money in stimuluis to reward his special interest. look at the Chrysler bankrupsy for another example. In the end I thnik much of what he has done will take years to sortout and result in a much slower recovery with loer employm,ent in the future and higher taxes all around to pay for it. the stimulus and other spending has been a flop that wil really hurt many wyhen we start paying for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 12:41 PM

353 posts, read 552,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
They are counting on it. Look at the replies any time someone posts any good news. They want and NEED bad news, since they have no ideas or soltions themselves thay can only rely on things being bad to make them look good. Problem is when things do improve (and they are) they will have Nothing.
Casper
Anytime there is good news about the economy it turns out to be another lie perpetrated by the Obama administration.
Every bad thing that has happened since Obama was elected has been blamed on Bush. Obama hasn't taken the blame for ANYTHING.

I don't want the economy to fail and I don't care who fixes it but the FIXES are making it worse. How stupid do you have to be to think that you can spend your way out of debt? That has been the answer to everything so far. Spend more money.
If that was a solution Trailer Park, USA would be like Beverly Hills.

I don't know who coined the phrase "if government is the answer it must be a really stupid question " but it's truer today than ever.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:45 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
They are counting on it. Look at the replies any time someone posts any good news. They want and NEED bad news, since they have no ideas or soltions themselves thay can only rely on things being bad to make them look good. Problem is when things do improve (and they are) they will have Nothing.
Casper

This statement is false, and i for one would love to see things turn around, have I HEK NO. I have seen more people and know of more who have lost their house under OBAMA then Bush, we have more foreclosed properties, short sales, and bank owned properties, more then i can ever remember. Small businesses, shutting down, why is that! Do not like the way this administration conducts themselves, any other administration, would be scrutinized to say the least. It so appears, that any thing negative they have an excuse for. If things are looking great in your State, then great, in mine, things are more terrible, also, more unemployment, i know of more people on unemployment now then under Bush why is this! For those who have a job, be greatful. So are things looking around for the better, don't think so. Not in this STATE.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:51 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,294,655 times
Well, we know if the economy recovers before 2010, the Republican mantra will turn BACK to being that the economy doesn't react that quickly, so it couldn't have had ANYTHING to do with Obama..

See, they accuse the Dems of playing this game while they too play the game... If the economy falters? It's Obama's fault. If the economy improves? It's despite the best efforts of Obama's policies to ruin it and it's just the market "doin' it's thang like we knew the FREE MARKET would...".

So no, I guess I don't really think the Republicans are rooting against the economy, because they have ready-made reasons why all things bad are Obama's fault and everything positive has nothing to do with Obama..... Just like they accuse Obama supporters of doing.

Isn't politics fun?

Old 12-28-2009, 01:49 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Well, we know if the economy recovers before 2010, the Republican mantra will turn BACK to being that the economy doesn't react that quickly, so it couldn't have had ANYTHING to do with Obama..

See, they accuse the Dems of playing this game while they too play the game... If the economy falters? It's Obama's fault. If the economy improves? It's despite the best efforts of Obama's policies to ruin it and it's just the market "doin' it's thang like we knew the FREE MARKET would...".

So no, I guess I don't really think the Republicans are rooting against the economy, because they have ready-made reasons why all things bad are Obama's fault and everything positive has nothing to do with Obama..... Just like they accuse Obama supporters of doing.

Isn't politics fun?
Hey when he does something very positive, I will be the first to let ya know!

Old 12-28-2009, 01:53 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
1 has to ask why the democrats wants the economy to stay in the dumps till 2010. I mean if they didnt why would they wait to start all these shovel ready jobs till right before the 2010 elections

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it couldnt be to help democrats in the election could it?

I mean why else would they wait to release stimulus funds till 2010. Why wouldnt they release it this year. I mean we had to have it or we might not have ever recovered.

Obama wouldn't just say that to scare people would he?

Old 12-28-2009, 02:15 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
This statement is false, and i for one would love to see things turn around, have I HEK NO. I have seen more people and know of more who have lost their house under OBAMA then Bush, we have more foreclosed properties, short sales, and bank owned properties, more then i can ever remember. Small businesses, shutting down, why is that! Do not like the way this administration conducts themselves, any other administration, would be scrutinized to say the least. It so appears, that any thing negative they have an excuse for. If things are looking great in your State, then great, in mine, things are more terrible, also, more unemployment, i know of more people on unemployment now then under Bush why is this! For those who have a job, be greatful. So are things looking around for the better, don't think so. Not in this STATE.
You dont seem to understand, though, that all this began under BUSH, not OBAMA. Obama is trying to put the fires OUT.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:28 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Don't know about those in Congress, but conservatives want the people (legalized citizens) in the country to prosper through their own hard work - not through handouts from the government.

Question - Do Democrats want Obama to succeed regardless of how the people of the country benefit?

Good response.

The dems worry about how the rep think when they have total control of the country.

The dems want Obama to succeed on the BACKS OF HARD WORKING NON WELFARE LOSER BUMS.

The dems want us to go into debt to help losers right now so our kids will have to pay the Obama massive debt bills later.

The difference is conservatives want people to succeed all the time no matter who is in the WH. But, unlike dems, the conservatives want people to EARN what they have, need and want and not wait in a line for a handout freebie like most dems expect.

We sit back and watched the dems do happy dances when Bush was in office when something went wrong.

So for a dem to ask this question just shows how hypocritical they really are.

Remember the dems used to count the soldiers bodies on a daily basis and used it as a tool against Bush? Well, now they of course have lost track of that for some reason.

So yes, the dems celebrated when the numbers were high because they felt it was a negative for Bush.

People who are willing to work and willing to learn will be ok under any President, its the lazy bums that seem to have problems when they are forced to actually WORK for a living.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:29 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
1 has to ask why the democrats wants the economy to stay in the dumps till 2010. I mean if they didnt why would they wait to start all these shovel ready jobs till right before the 2010 elections

I mean why else would they wait to release stimulus funds till 2010. Why wouldnt they release it this year. I mean we had to have it or we might not have ever recovered.

The dems will SELL OUT their own mothers to be in power and have control.

Not for long, they are on their way out thanks to the gift that keeps on giving. ( ObamAcorn )

Old 12-28-2009, 02:36 PM

353 posts, read 552,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post

Good point. Something most people seem to overlook.
Even with the health care bill if it passes it won't go in to affect until 2014. What's the rush to pass a bill that doesn't go in to affect until after the next election? Obama said it had to be done now or people will die. What's up with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies