Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 09:06 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
That is not what was implied. The poster was empathizing with a person that might have been tortured. Do you not have the depth of thought to imagine what it might do to a person's mind and humanity to be degraded by who knows what type of methods of torture? We can all thank Bush/Cheney and associates for breeding this type of animosity and hatred. We all screamed for revenge after the 9/11 attacks, but you cannot understand another human beings emotional reaction to an injustice? I'm sure that no one on these boards is condoning terrorism, but the thinking and compassionate people also do not condone torture. It has proven to be counter productive and this incident could be seen as an example of that fact.
No, they have no empathy. They consider anyone 'not like us' animals or worse, as apparently did the Bush administration. They cannot accept that many of the people who ended up in Gitmo were essentially sold to the highest bidder by rival clans, people with personal grudges against them, etc. and were no more 'war crimimals' or 'terrorists' than you or I.

I do not condone revenge in any form - that is God's prerogative alone - but, I certainly can understand the motivation if even half of what it looks like was done to these people was actually done to them.

Report: Detainees to Be Treated Like Animals - Newsweek.com

It has been said many times, and now clearly may be proven true - Gitmo is and will continue to be the greatest recruiting tool for Al Qaeda - but of course the hubris of BushCo and their supporters continues to blind them to that reality.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:08 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
Kindly list these "US policies".

Kindly explain how these "US policies" result in the deaths of innocents. Show your explanations with links to factual information, don't rant. Please no boring rants on Iraq and Afghanistan.
The thousands of innocent Iraqis killed and injured don't count? This subject and facts bore you?

You must also know that Iran had a democracy before the USA took it away...dont you?

Old 12-29-2009, 09:11 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
No, they have no empathy. They consider anyone 'not like us' animals or worse, as apparently did the Bush administration. They cannot accept that many of the people who ended up in Gitmo were essentially sold to the highest bidder by rival clans, people with personal grudges against them, etc. and were no more 'war crimimals' or 'terrorists' than you or I.

I do not condone revenge in any form - that is God's prerogative alone - but, I certainly can understand the motivation if even half of what it looks like was done to these people was actually done to them.

Report: Detainees to Be Treated Like Animals - Newsweek.com

It has been said many times, and now clearly may be proven true - Gitmo is and will continue to be the greatest recruiting tool for Al Qaeda - but of course the hubris of BushCo and their supporters continues to blind them to that reality.
You are so right. These people have tunnel vison syndrome and do not get the fact that every action has a reaction. We will pay the price of the crimes committed by The Bush Crime Family for decades to come.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:11 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
what I plan on doing is to stand up and speak out where I please
this president is so frigging busy trying to be loved he is screwing us up
he is the one that ran on Hope and Change
but when it comes to reality his head is up his ass
he is quick to say a police dept is wrong when he does not have the facts and then has a beer
these people are being murdered on the streets trying to over throw a government that is steps away from a bomb that he is itching to use
he is on vacation, thank you very much, and it shows
And you do realize that this thread is about detainees released by Bush, not by Obama. November 2007. Right?

Old 12-29-2009, 09:16 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,398,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Gitmo is and will continue to be the greatest recruiting tool for Al Qaeda - but of course the hubris of BushCo and their supporters continues to blind them to that reality.
A good recruiting tool. Iraq ha proven to be not only the best recruiting tool but the best training ground.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:26 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
Oh, I'd wager there are already covert forces at work on that project as I type.

We know how well some of those programs worked out in the past

Old 12-29-2009, 09:33 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I guess if you have no morals or values about human life.

Plenty of people have had challenges in their life, but blowing up 300 innocent people in the air sure aint gonna fix it.
Where did I condone their actions? Please point it out to me; I'd be fascinated to see it.
Or are you just making stuff up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Well the US doesn't have a policy of seeking out and killing innocent civilians for fun and profit unlike Al Qaeda.

There is a big difference to the accidents that happened in Afghanistan than the Russian approach in the 80's of gunning down anything that moved and sowing the country with millions of land mines and leaving over a million dead and hundreds of thousands maimed.
100,000 dead Iraqis is not an accident.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:43 AM

2,324 posts, read 7,620,367 times
War is war, someone always wanting to rule the world; there is no moral justification or excuses.

As for identifying the prisoners released in 2007, is this simply an attempt to put the blame on the precious administration?

Old 12-29-2009, 09:46 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
this sounds like "chickens come home to roost" the message our lovely president listened to for 20 years
I can tell you as a mother who had a daughter held hostage and raped
over and over at knife point, that is tourure for sure, it did not make me want to go out and kill all men
I wanted her attacker to be held accountable and have his ass locked up
what my daughter did, was to tesify at the grand jury because she is a hero and she did not want another woman raped, which is what this ass hole had done already, she does not want to kill anyone either.
By your view, she should have been held and tortured forever.
Or is it different because she's your child?

Old 12-29-2009, 09:47 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,685,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I don't agree with violence, but let me ask a question:

If you were held and tortured by a government after committing no crime, would you commit a terrorist act against the country that illegally held and tortured you?
So in your opinion, we grab innocent people off the street and threw them into jail?

Sorry, doesn't make any sense. They were incarcerated in the first place because of terroism ties. Your attempts to blame the US for their actions is inappropriate and down right illogical at best.

Secondly... please show me proof that these two were subject to torture? These two individuals... show the proof. You can't? Then it just further proves how your opinions are completely illogical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies