Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support legalization and/or and ObamaCare?
I support legalization and ObamaCare 17 38.64%
I support legalization and oppose ObamaCare 18 40.91%
I oppose legalization and ObamaCare 6 13.64%
I oppose legalization but support ObamaCare 3 6.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 05:45 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,538,973 times

Advertisements

I want the same type of healthcare coverage for all in this country that provides AFFORDABLE healthcare, right now the insurance cartels are all about raking in obscene profits and their lobbyists get their clueless Tea Party/wingnut supporters of insurance company profits to oppose healthcare legislation that attempts to get coverage for poor people.

Decriminalize pot or, better yet, make it legal. Congress and the military get true universal healthcare coverage. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 05:48 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,538,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dawg View Post
Government-run health care gives the government complete control of our lives with regard to our property, our behavior, who lives, and who dies.

Insurance cartels decide if you qualify for medical coverage. Their behavior dictates that 40,000 Americans (at least) die prematurely every year.

If the government makes healthcare affordable it is DOING IT'S JOB, protecting its citizens.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:55 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,817,470 times
I agree with odanny. The Obamacare is flawed because it only considers private sector insurance. IMHO the entire health care industry need to be nationalized because all citizens eventually need health care and everyone should pay for providing it. Removing the private sector from this industry would save countless dollars in excessive administrative costs and monopoly profits while still paying the workers competitive wages and better benefits.

OP - All the recreational drugs should be legal and regulated for quality by the government. Regualtory fees could be used to rehabilitate the addicts that wish to quit.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:33 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,745,181 times
So it seems clear the pro-"some" freedoms crowd is oblivious to the obvious.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:04 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,025,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post

What we have on the table is "Insurancare".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Or CompromiseCare..
With no public option. A long way off from comprehensive
universal health care for our citizens.
Physicians for a National Health Program

Marijuana and Hemp were legal at one time. I am
all for the lifting of it's prohibition

Old 05-19-2010, 11:12 AM

15,114 posts, read 8,643,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Insurance cartels decide if you qualify for medical coverage. Their behavior dictates that 40,000 Americans (at least) die prematurely every year.

If the government makes healthcare affordable it is DOING IT'S JOB, protecting its citizens.

It shouldn't take genius level IQ to add 2+2. The stocks of the insurance companies went UP the moment the bill was signed.

Taken a step further (if that isn't obvious enough for you), can you not understand the benefits to an industry that would gain 30-50 million new customers BY DICTATE OF LAW ?

And if that isn't obvious enough, can you imagine why congress exempted itself from Obamacare if it's such a glorious thing?

"If a people expect to remain ignorant and free, they expect what never was, and never will be"

Old 05-19-2010, 01:05 PM

37,145 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Not sure what Obamacare is supposed to be but I'd like to have universal healthcare that covers everyone.

And I fully support the legalization of pot.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:09 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,332,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
So it seems clear the pro-"some" freedoms crowd is oblivious to the obvious.
We're getting dangerously close to zero-some freedom.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:18 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,745,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
We're getting dangerously close to zero-some freedom.
You would think that the outright hypocrisy would lead to some cognitive dissonance on their part, but that would presume that thugs have any practical cognitive abilities at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies