Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 10:36 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times

Advertisements

We have a weak Commander-in-Chief, a known defender of terrorists as Attorney General, and an incompetant head of Homeland Security. What did y'all really expect when this "alleged" native born U.S. citizen was elected to office? Hope & Change are not strategies in providing for the common defense of the United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 10:59 AM

11,759 posts, read 14,650,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Yes, it is about attitude. Obama needs to shift gears mentally, step into the role of leader - finally - and put all his other "hats" aside - no more campaigning, no more lawyering. As the leader of the United States, he has no business pussyfooting around an issue like this. It's not "alleged", that is clear. As to the issue of honoring the system by presuming his innocense, he should have been named an enemy combatant and not treated like a common criminal with all the rights of a citizen under our legal system. He's already lawyered up!
Thanks for sharing.

I assume you also said Bush was pussyfooting and caving in to terrorists when Richard Reid was prosecuted in U.S. courts?

Old 12-29-2009, 11:01 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Maybe he should had mentioned the axis of evil, you know, tough talk like the wanna be cowboy used to use. No, I am thankful that we now have a President that thinks before he speaks and even more thankful that we have a President that thinks before he acts. Had our last president had the same qualities we would have focused our attention on Afganistan and the War on Terror instead of being sidetracked into an even more costly war that had nothing to do with the war we were supposed to be fighting. So next time the right wants to whine about how Obama is being soft on fighting the War on Terror, I would suggest they think how their boy Dubya said getting OBL was not important and how he dirverted our focus from the real issue we should have been dealing with and which President Obama is now refocusing our efforts on. So, in conclusion I would say Obama is doing the right thing, too bad the right is so hateful of the man that they cannot see that simple fact.
Casper

Old 12-29-2009, 11:16 AM

398 posts, read 818,857 times
The person who tied to blow up the plane is being charged in the US court system instead of a military tribunal, so I guess we have to use the word "alleged" even though we all know he did it. But what do we do with the information that Al Queda has claimed responsibility for this attack?

Old 12-29-2009, 11:16 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,226 times
Gadzooks Obomers, we allegedly almost had another "man caused disaster"!!!

After shooting myself in the foot, who do I point this at next???

Old 12-29-2009, 11:42 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Some people want an ignorant President. A down-home, don't gots no book learnin' President. That is what's so scary about America.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:45 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Obama is a lawyer. He doesn't believe anything until a jury has ruled on it. Which is par for the course on his leadership ability. His modus operandi is to delegate the task of leading this country to everyone but himself.

The jury will rule decisively on Obama and Democrats in 2010. Bet on it.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:48 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,248,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Gadzooks Obomers, we allegedly almost had another "man caused disaster"!!!

After shooting myself in the foot, who do I point this at next???
Put that thing away. The last two guys I saw with shotguns - Cheney and Kerry - didn't fare so well with them.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:50 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Bin Laden's not in U.S. custody. Once a perrson enters the justice system this is appropriate protocol up until conviction. It's necessary to maximize the likelihood of a fair trial and the integrity of our legal system.
We shouldn't be affording American rights to enemy combatants and terrorists.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:50 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Some people want an ignorant President. A down-home, don't gots no book learnin' President. That is what's so scary about America.
And yet another form of ignorance is believing because someone is a Harvard grad,they inherently know what they are doing.
Scary indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies