Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 05:31 AM

555 posts, read 2,212,009 times

Advertisements

Allegedly. It means supposedly, reportedly, something that has not been verified. Yes folks, this is what our commander in chief said about the terrorist from Yemen caught red handed trying to murder a plane load of innocent passengers. He is always walking on eggshells around the word terror. What is his problem? Scary that the people that so many Americans voted for a man like this to lead this country. Obama and his idiots are betraying us and setting us up for another big attack on our soil. Come on obama- say it – This is a War on Terror.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 05:36 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,652,372 times
He has been charged with a crime in federal court and he has not been convicted. It is nothing but appropriate for public officials to use "allegedly" to honor the processes of the criminal law, and to avoid prejudicing the jury that will hear the case.

Of course, I'm assuming that you already knew all this, and you're just seizing on this as another opportunity for an unfounded attack on President Obama.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:43 AM

555 posts, read 2,212,009 times
No excuse for him to have used that term. HE was NOT hired to be a lawyer. He can use any words he wants. He sure doesn't talk about other subjects like that. Take health care. There are all kinds of legal implications in that bill that can be challenged in court. He never addresses those issues.
This is about his attitude. HE is a poor comander in chief.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:53 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelle3 View Post
No excuse for him to have used that term. HE was NOT hired to be a lawyer. He can use any words he wants. He sure doesn't talk about other subjects like that. Take health care. There are all kinds of legal implications in that bill that can be challenged in court. He never addresses those issues.

So you allege

Old 12-29-2009, 05:58 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,788,402 times
Quote:

it's all a plan to set up the police state around the world because of the fear of terrorism so they can force all nations to agree to a new world order....watch police state total enslavement from alex jones he saw this stuff all coming together long ago

Police State III: Total Enslavement

Old 12-29-2009, 06:03 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Yes, it is about attitude. Obama needs to shift gears mentally, step into the role of leader - finally - and put all his other "hats" aside - no more campaigning, no more lawyering. As the leader of the United States, he has no business pussyfooting around an issue like this. It's not "alleged", that is clear. As to the issue of honoring the system by presuming his innocense, he should have been named an enemy combatant and not treated like a common criminal with all the rights of a citizen under our legal system. He's already lawyered up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So you allege
No, I think the results are in already. No need to allege. He's quickly proving himself to be sorely lacking as a leader.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:17 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
I caught that "Allegedly" also. He's a lawyer, what do you want (actually, I'd like a real leader in the White House...sigh, a couple more years).

Old 12-29-2009, 07:24 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,676,262 times
Quote:
Allegedly. It means supposedly, reportedly, something that has not been verified. Yes folks, this is what our commander in chief said about the terrorist from Yemen caught red handed trying to murder a plane load of innocent passengers. He is always walking on eggshells around the word terror. What is his problem? Scary that the people that so many Americans voted for a man like this to lead this country. Obama and his idiots are betraying us and setting us up for another big attack on our soil. Come on obama- say it – This is a War on Terror.
For as much as I'd like to, I really cannot agree with you on this one.

I don't think there's any question as to the idiot's guilt in the matter. Still, at this point in time he is an ALLEGED terrorist, not a CONVICTED terrorist.

We have to be careful of the words we use, or they begin to mean nothing.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:24 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

No, I think the results are in already. No need to allege. He's quickly proving himself to be sorely lacking as a leader.

Really? Did the sun fail to rise this morning? Has the sky fallen? Are there enemy trrops marching down Main St USA? Can you no longer read what you want? Speak what you want? Attend the church of your choice? Or not?

Just the SOS, fear mongering rhetoric from the right, NO positive statements/plans for improving the country, just cheesey, whiney BS.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:26 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,676,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Really? Did the sun fail to rise this morning? Has the sky fallen? Are there enemy trrops marching down Main St USA? Can you no longer read what you want? Speak what you want? Attend the church of your choice? Or not?

Just the SOS, fear mongering rhetoric from the right, NO positive statements/plans for improving the country, just cheesey, whiney BS.
Which is EXACTLY what we heard from the Idiot Left for 8 years - and are STILL hearing from many of them, even though Bush has been out of office for a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies