Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 11:43 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,680,664 times

Advertisements

Dear American Citizen,

I write you to all in hopes to break thru the madness our government seems to keep repeating and find our sanity and understand a freedom message once again.

Government is not the solution.

I have lived in America all my life and I am a 36 yrs old. I currently live in Pennsylvania but lived in New Jersey for most of my life.

It's about time our citizens start demanding less from our government
instead of more. What has more government given us? What logical and well oil program has the government given us? Can you name any that work and or also fair to all Americans? Is it hard to believe that you are born and give a number by the government? This number will be your “retirement money” your form of ID, your working id number, and other forms of tracking you life. From the day you are born you are put into the system of controlling your income, money and your welfare. Is this system a form of slavery? Money every week in taxes for social security payments which aren’t for you, they are for the generation who has retired and next generation will pay for you. Once you do get your ss checks they can change retirement ages, “consider it taxable income” not adjust for inflation. What if you die at the age of 55 or 60 single and paying your entire working life into it where does that money go? Is this freedom?

Government is at war with its citizens and we are losing this fight because people out of fear no longer believe in themselves as individuals. They don’t have the courage to say NO!
Every person of economic and social background and sexual orientation is inflicted by a disease called government. The cure is simple and in your control.

Freedom!
Liberty is really all that we seek as Americans. Perhaps it is so simple as
to confuse those who ordinarily cover the complexities that encompass
"politics as usual". We recognize what the Founding Fathers did, which is that a society intended to work within the rule of law requires a certain, highly limited, amount of governmental power. The Constitution of the United States details exactly what those powers are and more importantly, what they are not.
Furthermore, the seizing of personal property through taxes to pay for the actions of government further limits our freedoms. Thus, any action taken by the government, and the funding for such activities, must be done in accordance with and within the limitations of, the Constitution. For this is the contract we have with government the contract that is the Constitution. A contract designed, specifically, to protect that which is our right. Freedom from having our money being taken from us by the federal government, who then demands that we beg and comply to have a small portion of it back via the IRS.

We do not need the federal government to regulate our children's education. We know what our children need to learn, and we will find the schools capable of teaching them, or we will create those schools ourselves.
We do not need the federal government regulating what we can eat, what we can drink, or what medicines we can use. If we consume products that make us sick, we have legal channels we can pursue and punish those companies who knowingly do us harm. We do not need the federal government regulating personal choices. We are
not fools, incapable of understanding the consequence of what we put into our bodies. There are some who will purposely do long term harm to
themselves in exchange for short-term joy. That is their choice to make. Don’t raid my bank account and do not infringe on *my* freedom - to pay for your attempts to prevent free individuals from making a choice you would not.

We do not need the federal government regulating what we watch on
television, what we listen to on the radio, or what we view on the Internet.
We know how to change the channel, and we know where the power button is. Do not seize my personal property because you don't like what some people listen to, what they read, or what they choose to watch.
We do not need the federal government to regulate when we go to the doctor, what doctors we choose to see, or what actions our doctor is allowed to take to treat a patient. We will take care of our own health however we, as individuals, see fit not as regulated by the whims of a government law to carry insurance or not to carry it. Government run insurance does nothing for the freedom of EVERYONE, it does not improve the care for EVERYONE and most of all it only increases the cost to many.
Clearly nobody has any other ideas on how to fix healthcare funding. I have a few ideas but they are to simple and so easy washington wouldnt want anything to do with them. Washington can do a few good things but that would mean they would have to get pharma and insurance companies out of their back pockets. Asking government to "fix" healthcare is like asking and fox to watch your chickens while your way.

We know the environment is something that everyone should understand, gain knowledge and preserve. We also need more information, keep personal environments clean, and those who destroy your property, water, or air should be accountable in court. Climate change and science recently have different results, cover ups and other trends showing the earth is adjusting to the science of global warming. Like anything freedom has its costs and free thinking and challenging groups and theories should be tested, questioned when it comes to government action, taxes and other regulation when it comes to environment on this planet. When people use fear, end of the world terms often governments use this new found power to control the masses. Solving the mystery of climate change is a balance of science, cover ups, and lies. If new data shows a different trend its time to review where we really are, and have those who seek this agenda of global climate change regulation be put to rest.

We do not need the federal government regulating what guns, knifes, or other self defense weapons to defend our lives with, or if we should possess them at all. What physic ability does the federal government have to protect my family from a lunatic who enters my home? Furthermore, who is to protect me from a lunatic government that does the same? We are not closet sociopaths, who are one assault weapon away from becoming serial killers. We are regular people who want only to defend our families, our freedoms, and ourselves.
We do not need the federal government regulating our travel, spying on our neighbors, or monitoring our emails... and we do not need the federal
government to lift from our paychecks so they can do just that.
We do not need the federal government to issue us papers and ID cards as though we had no right to be here, enabling that government to monitor our whereabouts, our movements, and with whom we associate.
We do not need the government to enact endless regulation of industry and commerce, which aid only big business, corporatism, and special interests.
We are quite capable of creating businesses, innovating technologies, and
finding solutions to our problems. Do not limit our ability to do so... and
do not reach into my wallet so that you may pay for your corporate bail out so you can continue your endless limitations on free market competition.
We have accepted the reality that war is sometimes necessary, and we have outlined a specific means by which the government may go to war in the Constitution. It is one of the few powers we instilled in the government we created. Yet we can only be appalled at the government who goes to war, ignoring the specific methods we have outlined for doing so, and who then uses that war to justify the further plundering of our money and intrusions upon our freedoms.
We do not want the federal government taking our personal property and then redistributing it to others on the basis of regulated morality, fairness, regulated philosophy, or regulated equality. We are not cruel people. We know what charity is, and we will help our friends, our neighbors, and even those causes we deem to be just. We have not given the government the right to do so on our behalf, based on an agenda deemed appropriate by its bureaucrats.

We can and will make those choices ourselves.
We seek only to have the freedom to live our own lives;
The freedom to take responsibility for our own actions;
The freedom to take home more of OUR paycheck.
The freedom to raise our children as we choose;
The freedom to create businesses, to innovate, and to work within a free
market;
The freedom to keep our personal property, and use it as we see fit;

We wish to remain Americans and our government is at war with every citizen and recklessly destroying our country while we suffer in it.
I do want government but I want to limited in its power, to follow the law of the constitution and some taxes are required. I want people to make there own actions and choices and when they do that order comes with the responsibility. This is not anarchy; we have laws, rights and limited restrictions. Laws of morality, who you can marry and how much money you can make is not anarchy its freedom.

So in the end the message is simple. Say NO.
It’s easy to say yes to something the government hands to you. Just say no.
Hope and Changes come from individuals in your own life make a stand, find courage, do something remarkable and tell your government no. No bail outs, no taxes, no morality laws and end the endless wars.

Think about it.

Concerned Citizen

Last edited by LibertyandJusticeforAll; 12-29-2009 at 12:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 11:56 AM

12 posts, read 91,641 times
Ron Paul!!! But as he is too old in 2012 (though me and the wife love him and voted for him) Rand Paul his much younger son who is of the same beliefs as him and running for Senate.

Vote for Paul and get the Obamas and Bushs out of our life!!!!

Old 12-29-2009, 11:59 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
I understand your feelings but I have to disagree with many of your ideas. Example:We do not need the federal government regulating what guns, knifes, or other self defense weapons to defend our lives with, or if we should possess them at all. Like hell we don't!

We do not need the federal government to issue us papers and ID cards as though we had no right to be here, enabling that government to monitor our whereabouts, our movements, and with whom we associate. Keeping track of ourselves is important. You can't expect this many people to self govern can you? Think about it.

We do not need the federal government to regulate our children's education. Replace "regulate" with "provide" and you will start to see the problem with your line of thinking.

You have set yourself up to see "the government" as your enemy, and in that state of mind you will never see much beyond your own, small view of things. We DO NEED to drive "our government" in the direction we want it to go, but you pretty much want to blow it up and live a wild west style of life. No thank you.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:59 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,411,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Dear American Citizen,.....
Firstly, I am a veey die-hard fiscal conservative and I feel that our government has indeed become too large and intrusive.

However...

Being a grandfather, I can assure you that this has been an ongoing concern for all of my life, and longer, and both political parties are responsible. That said, let me address one of your concerns.

The idea that income taxes are "unCosntitutional" is mere empty rhetoric. It's right there in our Cosntitution, placed there according to Constitutionally mandated means. Income taxes are simply a civic responsibility of each and every adult citizen in this country. It pays for our roads, our police/fire/EMS, our military, libraries, public parks and buildings, etc.

Are there better income tax structures? Certainly. Is there graft and mismanagment? Certainly.

Is there any reason, or reasoning, to eliminate income taxes? Certainly not, not in this day and age. No level of federal government could survive, let alone complete it's appointed tasks, in a Nation with over 300 million citizens without some level of contribution from those citizens. So pelase, spare us the "theft" rhetoric.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:28 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,411,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onsitemgs View Post
Ron Paul!!! But as he is too old in 2012 (though me and the wife love him and voted for him) Rand Paul his much younger son who is of the same beliefs as him and running for Senate.

Vote for Paul and get the Obamas and Bushs out of our life!!!!
I wote in Mr. Paul on my ballot as well.

One of the last true conservatives in the Republican Party IMHO.

Whether his boy turns out to mirror his political ideology remains to be seen, however.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Firstly, I am a veey die-hard fiscal conservative and I feel that our government has indeed become too large and intrusive.

However...

Being a grandfather, I can assure you that this has been an ongoing concern for all of my life, and longer, and both political parties are responsible. That said, let me address one of your concerns.

The idea that income taxes are "unCosntitutional" is mere empty rhetoric. It's right there in our Cosntitution, placed there according to Constitutionally mandated means. Income taxes are simply a civic responsibility of each and every adult citizen in this country. It pays for our roads, our police/fire/EMS, our military, libraries, public parks and buildings, etc.

Are there better income tax structures? Certainly. Is there graft and mismanagment? Certainly.

Is there any reason, or reasoning, to eliminate income taxes? Certainly not, not in this day and age. No level of federal government could survive, let alone complete it's appointed tasks, in a Nation with over 300 million citizens without some level of contribution from those citizens. So pelase, spare us the "theft" rhetoric.
The income tax was ADDED to constitution and while it was added to the constitution doesnt mean we as the american people have to agree to it. I also would like to finish this statement that somewhere along the line we have the crazy idea that civic responsibility makes up for criminal actions against those who can not afford to pay while the government who collects the taxes misuses and abuses that system. I also would like to add federal income tax does not PAY for police, fire, or EMS and most of the public parks, libraries or buildings. THAT is done via local, and state taxes. Property taxes etc are school taxes this not part of the federal income tax. Most of the income tax goes to pay the interest on national debt. I think knowledge of this subject and the lies people have been told as if the government would not function or civic duties to run the country have been brainwashed into peoples head. Also considers who much we are paying in FEDERAL taxes is more then the local and state taxes I see a major issue. Making you feel like your helping via the nonsense of using war and taxes to support your country and government is nonsense. See where your federal income taxes really goes and you might be surprised. Income taxes are designed to keep you in line, to lay taxes without any vote, reason or whatever they decide is best. Again most of the public resources you use are state and local taxes of which would make sense and in your control!!! Stop this lie of civic duty because the government hasn't done its job in a very long time. This is post is also not a anti-tax post it is showing how taxing someones labor is against freedom and the system is wrong in general.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:51 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Quote:
I wote in Mr. Paul on my ballot as well.

One of the last true conservatives in the Republican Party IMHO.

Whether his boy turns out to mirror his political ideology remains to be seen, however.
So did we. But I am afraid America will never really get it and will forever be at the medias influence, they pick the ones they like and we never even hear from the others, unless it is to discredit them. I hope we wake up someday and see the way we have been going is not working. Real change is not electing the same over and over.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:00 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,238,974 times
Honestly, when I first read this I thought it was either:

A. The winning entry in a "write Rush Limbaugh's suicide note" contest or
B. It came with video with two hooded dudes with AK-47s and a third with a big knife reading it.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:02 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:

However...

You don't know the difference between an individual and a person.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:08 PM

In response to this... if you look at the government and then think about where we are.
Have you ever done at tax return, got it wrong or even just ever had to file. Godforbid the return is wrong then 2 years later the IRS sends you a notice. 2 years and you call and they say they dont actually check them only randomly.
The IRS charges you the interest for the time they decided to LOOK AT IT and let you know it was wrong. So for your mistake on the money you have to give them they will charge you interest and penalities. Of course if they wrong you will see no such extra pay, no changes or opps cash. Only threats, and force comes from the IRS.
BTW its your money in case someone never told you. When you work the company they are paying you for your services. Why is the government involved again?

This is fair?
This is fair with people who have 8th grade education filling out forms on top of forms so the IRS can make you legally responsible for what you write down on that peice of paper. Its not like the tax forms are easy really. You have to pay tax speicalists so they can read the laws, codes and costs. IN HOPES you get a return from the government because you over paid and got a few breaks on your charities you supported, or had a kid, got married or bought a house.

This is freedom?
IRS=GOD and the sooner you see that the better your life will be and you might just do something about it. If you say to yourself what can I do, I have no power, I can't change anything that shows us all just how free you really are.
This is your money folks, yours not theirs. If ever you have just cause justice is on your side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies