Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 04:00 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Just like the conservative suckers will vote for people like Palin?

You know what? Let me tell you something. I know. It is pretty sad but it has come down to voting for either Democrat or Republican which are both evil and trash parties. It comes down to voting for least trashy party. To me, that least trashy party is the Democrat party. If I vote Green or any other third party, it is basically a vote going to the Republican party (which to me is the most trashiest party). Third party will never win. it is sad but if there is a good third party in the making, MARK MY WORD that BOTH the trashy Republicans and Democrats will censor them and take them out all the while giving them a run for their money!

To hell with this. NOBODY cares about this country anymore. JUST THEIR POCKETS! This goes for BOTH DemoCRAPS and RePIGligans.

EDIT-For me, the best party would be a party that is balanced. I prefer a socially liberal (pro gay marriage/civil unions and pro choice) but a fiscal conservative stance. We waste money like no other! It is so bad! I am sick of it. And then taxes are raised on us to make up for all their spending. What the hell is up with these people?

JESUS CHRIST! I am 21. I cannot wait to see it in another 10 years. Will I be able to make enough to support myself? No. It will all go to the bums and the ILLEGALS with the entitlement mentality yet NO PARTY wants to DO ANYTHING about it! AGH!!!!!
You are about to come to the dark side. The side I am talking about isnt republican or democrat its against both
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 04:10 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
You are about to come to the dark side. The side I am talking about isnt republican or democrat its against both
I am scareddddddddd!!!!!

If I come to the dark side, do I get a cookie made by you specially Jadex?

Old 12-30-2009, 04:12 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
In the same spirit of surprise, the Obama administration announced on Christmas eve that it was removing the $400bn cap on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac's access to the US Treasury. The new draw is limitless. It also announced that the chief executives of the two government-controlled mortgage giants would be getting compensation packages worth $6m a year.
Christmas presents for bankers | Dean Baker | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Old 12-30-2009, 04:15 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
hopenchange, baby!

Old 12-30-2009, 04:39 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,406 times
Count me in!!! I'm sick of those in Washington talking out both sides of their mouths while padding the pockets of special interest groups so they can secure re-election. It's all BS. They don't care about us, the taxpaying hardworking citizens of this country. Washington is full of self centered egotistical morons who push their own agendas while not giving a rat's behind what's really in the best interest of our country.

I would like to see a return to some decency in politics(if there was any decency to begin with). First and foremost we NEED to be fiscally responsible and stop gov't waste. The spendocrats are going to cripple any chance at economic recovery.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:55 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,859 times
Quote:
I prefer a socially liberal (pro gay marriage/civil unions and pro choice) but a fiscal conservative stance.
Me too! Will somebody please represent us?

Old 12-30-2009, 04:56 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Oh, it is NOT just an Obama thing. You know that. I know that.
You are right. And the sheeple keep RE-ELECTING them.
Why stop when you have nothing to fear. Lifetime politicians out to get whatever they can line their pockets with.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:04 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,243,697 times
Even if you throw out the bums, there are more waiting in line to be elected. We vote them out just to vote more in. Both sides are so corrupt that we just vote for what we perceive to be the lesser of two evils at the time instead of having real, viable options.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Even if you throw out the bums, there are more waiting in line to be elected. We vote them out just to vote more in. Both sides are so corrupt that we just vote for what we perceive to be the lesser of two evils at the time instead of having real, viable options.
There are viable options; it's called third party. You just need the guts to vote with your mind and heart. It's not throwing your vote away; it's voting on principal.

That's the only way I can see that citizens can take back this country from corporate interests.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:46 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
I was thinking this deserves its own thread. The Treasury is telling Fannie and Freddie to take more risk (via their mortgage mitigation program). The Christmas eve action was without vote of Congress, and it basically nationalized the two housing agencies. They are not subject tp new rules, as other financial institutions are. This is basically handing them a blank check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies