Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2009, 01:57 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times

Advertisements

I don't think many are calling people racist for disagreeing with Obama's policies. It's when they disagree with everything else Obama does, that one becomes suspicious that there is some other "ulterior motive" in the criticism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 01:59 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWashington View Post
I guess you've never heard the term that the eyes are the window to the soul. You can tell alot about someone by looking them in the eyes.
Yeah...Bush was right about Putin, huh? LOL! Bush looked the American people in the eyes and lied like a dog about the capability of Iraq to nuke us within 40 minutes, yellow cake uranium from Africa, yada yada yada.

Old 12-30-2009, 02:11 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manicotti View Post
I don't particularly believe a word out of any politician's mouth, but this hatred of Obama is out of control. He has been president for roughly a year and there are over twenty pages worth of results from his name in these forums. Bush was president for eight years and there are about 11 pages of results when a search is done on him. Quite a few of these threads with Bush's name are actually about Obama. Why the hatred besides racism? Bush did an incredible amount of damage and stripped America of many rights. He lied outright to this country's people and failed to stop the single most horrendous terrorist attack on American soil.. It just disturbs me to see such a mindset of hatred over such simple (in comparison) acts while president. What do people think is the real reason? I tend to think there is still a lot of closet racism against others in this country. I also tend to think part of this is from the even worse economic situation which tends to drive people over the edge. What do you think?

" I am not partisan" I think you need to come out of the closet.

Old 12-30-2009, 02:14 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
The far left only sees what it has been told to see

racist - definition of racist by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

There you go, I posted a link for the definition of "racist" for you so
Again, the hard right winger stating unequivocally what the "left sees"......what makes you such an expert on what the "left" thinks, says, does, and sees? Are you a "far left" person? LOL

Old 12-30-2009, 02:15 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,103,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Again, the hard right winger stating unequivocally what the "left sees"......what makes you such an expert on what the "left" thinks, says, does, and sees? Are you a "far left" person? LOL

I can read very well

Old 12-30-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Yeah...Bush was right about Putin, huh? LOL! Bush looked the American people in the eyes and lied like a dog about the capability of Iraq to nuke us within 40 minutes, yellow cake uranium from Africa, yada yada yada.
Yes, he did do that, didn't he.

Old 12-30-2009, 02:19 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times
Actually, I have met conservatives who can see that the hatred is quite extreme as well. Some have also agreed that it is fueled by racism. There is no comparison toward the "Bush hatred from Liberals". Many people hated Bush. Most of them were against his policies but he still was not criticised on the level that Obama has been. He is acused of having an ulterior motive doing something wrong no matter what he does. The man really need not try to appease the right because they will hate him even if he granted their every wish. It is sickening and a turn off. It also alienates conservatives who do not share the same extreme hateful views that don't agree with Obama's policies but have no contempt for him. Just because you don't use the N word, doesn't mean you aren't racist.

Old 12-30-2009, 02:22 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Bush got a free pass for eight years...
un

freakin'

real

Old 12-30-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
No the word racist doesnt mean much anymore sorry. You can deny this till the cows come home I dont care

Obama supporters have over used the word with no reason. Walk up to non Obama supporters call them a racist see how they react. It means nothing to many many people anymore.

Yeah some people are secretly racist but there is also the groups that dont mind you knowing they are racist. Its the ones that arent racist that dont care if you call them one anymore that you are harming.

You are so typical its not even funny. I dont get rightwing anything since I am not rightwing. << That is very childish also.

I dont believe I ever said that there isnt a % that doesnt like him because he is black. I have been talking about how so many democrats label everyone a racist for simply not agreeing with Obama. It is those democrats that throw around the word racist without reason or cause that is making the word mean nothing anymore.

What is going to happen is people are going to get so sick of being labeled a racist when they really arent that they are going to start to turn into racist.
"What is going to happen is people are going to get so sick of being labeled a racist when they really arent that they are going to start to turn into racist." O.M.G. You didn't really say something that stupid, did you?

You're getting wrapped around your own axle in that post. I'm not even going to bother to deal with it point-by-point.

Old 12-30-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Typical if you disagree with his policies your a racist. If you do not like cap and trade you get labeled a KKK member. We can not get to a point that we can disagree with his policy and not be called a racist
Not true. Make a good argument against those policies, and a good argument is still a good argument. When people make posts which have absolutely outrageous accusations about President Obama, it is very simple to see through the "cover" of "I just don't like his policies."

Make your arguements and see if you are called a racist, wjtwet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies