Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2009, 10:17 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,136,452 times

Advertisements

From Wapasha:
Liberals cannot stand the fact that Lincoln was a Republican, and it was by his hand that slavery was abolished, so they feel the urgent need to denigrate Lincoln and rewrite history. before liberals are done with Lincoln he will have created the KKK, and freeing the slaves was just a reelection stunt.

I don't think you could possibly write about any liberal since what you post doesn't resonate with any human that I've encountered. You are demonizing, giving false attributes to people you don't like. Your tactic is exactly related to what the OP is talking about, this unbelievable hatred of Obama. In your case, it's liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 10:22 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manicotti View Post
I don't particularly believe a word out of any politician's mouth, but this hatred of Obama is out of control. He has been president for roughly a year and there are over twenty pages worth of results from his name in these forums. Bush was president for eight years and there are about 11 pages of results when a search is done on him. Quite a few of these threads with Bush's name are actually about Obama. Why the hatred besides racism? Bush did an incredible amount of damage and stripped America of many rights. He lied outright to this country's people and failed to stop the single most horrendous terrorist attack on American soil. I am not partisan. It just disturbs me to see such a mindset of hatred over such simple (in comparison) acts while president. What do people think is the real reason? I tend to think there is still a lot of closet racism against others in this country. I also tend to think part of this is from the even worse economic situation which tends to drive people over the edge. What do you think?
I don't think it is hatred that is driving the opposition. I don't hate him but I fear his policies and I do fear that our suspicions that he was too inexperienced to run this nation. That is all.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:29 AM

59 posts, read 30,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I actually thought i heard it was getting better. I guess you are one of those "magic wand" people.
Obama's crazy spending will just make the economy worse. Not to mention all the billions he gave gift wrapped to Wall St theives who already have millions in the bank.

Everything for Wall St nothing for Main St.

What a magic wand, huh.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:32 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
Quote:
how about reminding everyone that he has a middle-eastern/muslim name? Some have made no secret about how they feel about Muslims on this forum.
And many Muslim's have made no secret for their hate of the U.S......
- 9/11 terrorist all Mulsim
- Ft. Hood murderer was Muslim
- the latest airplane bomber was Muslim
- the 1993 World Trade Center bombings were carried out by Mulsims
- the US Cole was bombed by Muslims
- on and on and on.....terrorism and Muslims go hand in hand.

I'm a logical adult and I know not all Muslims are terrorist or hate the US, many, if not most, are peace-loving individuals. But when you have this many terrorist acitivities carried out by Muslims against the US, you have to question what is wrong within that religion? Is it really a peaceful religion? Signs point to no.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:33 AM

59 posts, read 30,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
And many Muslim's have made no secret for their hate of the U.S......
- 9/11 terrorist all Mulsim
- Ft. Hood murderer was Muslim
- the latest airplane bomber was Muslim
- the 1993 World Trade Center bombings were carried out by Mulsims
- the US Cole was bombed by Muslims
- on and on and on.....terrorism and Muslims go hand in hand.

I'm a logical adult and I know not all Mulsims are terrorist or hate the US, many, if not most, are peace-loving individuals. But when you have this many terrorist acitivities carried out by Muslims against the US, you have to question what is wrong within that religion? Is it really a peaceful religion? Signs point to no.

Not just America. Muslims hate nonmuslims. It's in the koran.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:37 AM

108 posts, read 61,239 times
Quote:
how about reminding everyone that he has a middle-eastern/muslim name? Some have made no secret about how they feel about Muslims on this forum. Some thing that none should be allowed into the country at all. Same name as Sadam Hussein... really? do I really have to explain it?

Someone compared it to calling GWB "W". Tell me what negative connotation "W" has.
Obama's middle name is Hussein. If it offends him, change it. Case closed. If your name was Richard, I'd call you Dick, would you have a problem with that? Double standard feet stomping whiners.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:49 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I guess my head is buried, too. I don't get the connection between the name 'Hussein' and racism.
The insertion of "Hussein" when referring to 0bama is just a button to push, which drives his loyal fans nutz. It serves the dual purpose of reminding people how the mere mention of hid middle name brought out the accusatory finger and the pronouncements of "RACIST" for the bigot who dared use the name "Hussein". Then after the election he swears in with Hussein and suddenly it is okay to refer to him as Barack Hussein Obama.

"You said 'HUSSEIN'..... RACIST!!!!!"

Old 12-31-2009, 10:59 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipschitz View Post
Not just America. Muslims hate nonmuslims. It's in the koran.
Some of them also hate other Muslims if they fall under a different denomination of Islam then their own, e.g. Shia and Sunni.

Old 12-31-2009, 11:07 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWashington View Post
Obama's middle name is Hussein. If it offends him, change it. Case closed. If your name was Richard, I'd call you Dick, would you have a problem with that? Double standard feet stomping whiners.
If he went by his middle name, fine. There is nothing wrong with being sworn in with your full name or when your full name is used to be honored, receive a diploma, etc. The issue is that certain people think they are proving a point or trying to get under someone's skin by referring to him as Hussein Obama. Who does that? It is not normal and clearly an attempt to tie him to radical Muslim terrorist. No one cared enough not to elect him though . It's just a name.

Old 12-31-2009, 11:09 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Some of them also hate other Muslims if they fall under a different denomination of Islam then their own, e.g. Shia and Sunni.

Do any other faiths have interdenominational "rivalry?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies