Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 07:12 PM

229 posts, read 348,096 times

Advertisements

I don't particularly believe a word out of any politician's mouth, but this hatred of Obama is out of control. He has been president for roughly a year and there are over twenty pages worth of results from his name in these forums. Bush was president for eight years and there are about 11 pages of results when a search is done on him. Quite a few of these threads with Bush's name are actually about Obama. Why the hatred besides racism? Bush did an incredible amount of damage and stripped America of many rights. He lied outright to this country's people and failed to stop the single most horrendous terrorist attack on American soil. I am not partisan. It just disturbs me to see such a mindset of hatred over such simple (in comparison) acts while president. What do people think is the real reason? I tend to think there is still a lot of closet racism against others in this country. I also tend to think part of this is from the even worse economic situation which tends to drive people over the edge. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 07:25 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manicotti View Post
I don't particularly believe a word out of any politician's mouth, but this hatred of Obama is out of control.
I don't know how serious you are, but I have never seen ANYTHING like the hatred the left exhibited for GWB. The right in this country is downright genteel compared to the left.

People in this forum still bash Bush. And usually every day. He's not president anymore, but they can't help themselves. If they have a hangnail, they blame Bush, but why not, they have a president who does the same thing.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:27 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
Quote:
What do you think?

Have you been asleep for the past 8 years or did you simply live in a cave with no access to newspapers or television?

Old 12-29-2009, 07:30 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,563,668 times
In case you haven't noticed this forum leans heavily to the right. I bet they would be critical of the way he defecates too which is one of the reasons I barely post in here. Conservatives are angry but weren't angry enough to get McCain elected last year. They are bitter now and have to live with the consequences.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:33 PM

283 posts, read 495,983 times
Quote:
I don't particularly believe a word out of any politician's mouth, but this hatred of Obama is out of control. He has been president for roughly a year and there are over twenty pages worth of results from his name in these forums. Bush was president for eight years and there are about 11 pages of results when a search is done on him. Quite a few of these threads with Bush's name are actually about Obama. Why the hatred besides racism? Bush did an incredible amount of damage and stripped America of many rights. He lied outright to this country's people and failed to stop the single most horrendous terrorist attack on American soil. I am not partisan. It just disturbs me to see such a mindset of hatred over such simple (in comparison) acts while president. What do people think is the real reason? I tend to think there is still a lot of closet racism against others in this country. I also tend to think part of this is from the even worse economic situation which tends to drive people over the edge. What do you think?
LOL. Nice try. People are upset because of his POLICIES! Why can't you libs stop playing the race card? Who do you think got him elected? WHITE MEN determine elections. If you don't believe me, google it. STOP PLAYING THE TYPICAL LIBERAL VICTIM AND RACE CARD.

You want to compare what the left outspokenly and openly said about BUSH? I'm not a fan of Bush but for crying out loud. Stop the hypocrisy.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:37 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REIRehabber View Post
LOL. Nice try. People are upset because of his POLICIES! Why can't you libs stop playing the race card? Who do you think got him elected? WHITE MEN determine elections. If you don't believe me, google it. STOP PLAYING THE TYPICAL LIBERAL VICTIM AND RACE CARD.

You want to compare what the left outspokenly and openly said about BUSH? I'm not a fan of Bush but for crying out loud. Stop the hypocrisy.
I'm just gonna ditto everything you just said.

So, because we disagree with his policies we are racists because he happens to be black? Yeah, that makes SO much sense. Thanks for clearing it up.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:39 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
wow, not particisan, what are you then? Obama is Pres, of course there is going to be a lot of postings with his name used, Bush is a "was". You claim those who are against Obama are racists, I don't think that is even remotely the case and I certainly would like to know why you think the attack on the USA was his fault? Didn't we just escape one a few days ago? Who's faulth was that and why was it not stopped sooner?

Nita

Old 12-29-2009, 07:43 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,889 times
Quote:

“When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive.”- President Bush

Old 12-29-2009, 07:44 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I don't know how serious you are, but I have never seen ANYTHING like the hatred the left exhibited for GWB. The right in this country is downright genteel compared to the left.

People in this forum still bash Bush. And usually every day. He's not president anymore, but they can't help themselves. If they have a hangnail, they blame Bush, but why not, they have a president who does the same thing.
the difference as I see it, is the hatred of Bush was over things he and his admin did - Iraq, Valerie Plame, the list goes on. Hatred of Obama, at least some of it, is because he is perceived as different. Posters calling him "Hussein", claiming he's Muslim, he didn't go to church in Christmas Eve, etc. Some of it has nothing to do with his policies or actions, only the fact that he isn't a WASP.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:46 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,860,796 times
Quote:
Maybe Obama is getting back what he gives out. Obama hates the American way of life and the freedoms we have always enjoyed. Obama hates hard-working Americans. Turn about is fair play don't ya think???????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies