Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2009, 07:33 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Typically lame.

9/11 killed thousands, the attempted bombing failed.
Actually, at 7 minutes in to the 9/11 attack, it killed hundreds. That was the time frame in which Bush was under hard criticism by the left.

Aero, I am sure you already know the answer to this, but the left is more interested in pushing their political agenda and playing politics then actually being objective and fair. They have no issue throwing Bush under the bus for non-sense like his response time during 9/11 and looking the other direction when Obama takes days.

The sad thing is, and this is getting a little off topic, we shouldn't stoop to their level. It was easy to see their games when Bush was in office. The man couldn't sneeze without getting criticism from the left. I don't want to see the conservatives stoop to that level.

That being said, the hypocrisy should be revealed... and its huge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 07:34 AM

108 posts, read 61,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtinChicago View Post
There is a very reasonable explanation for the 72 hours of silence from BHO.

T.O.T.U.S. was back in Washington and had to be overnight Fed Ex'd to Hawaii but there being inclement weather on the east coast it was delayed!
Um no...Where was he when he addressed the nation on the 28th?

Old 12-30-2009, 07:34 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
And with thousands of flights in the U.S. everyday, Bush was somehow supposed to magically know which 4 the hijackers would be on.
The question is: What security measures did Bush enact after this briefing about terrorists but before 9/11?

Old 12-30-2009, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The question is: What security measures did Bush enact after this briefing about terrorists but before 9/11?
Whatever they were, this current administration ignored all of it and put hundreds of people in harms way. Get used to it, it will happen again under this administration. They are clueless.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:37 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Now let me get this straight.

One guy sits on his hands, talking to school kids, WHILE THE COUNTRY IS UNDER ATTACK.

The other guy, gets informed that a terrorist was thwarted, informed of the information, and the country wasn't in imminent danger.

And you want to compare the two. Ugh, I pray for my country when it has people with brain function that low in it.
I don't get this type of thinking.

Does anyone REALLY think that the POTUS can just get up and run out of a room at will in such a situation? Where was he supposed to go/what was he supposed to do?

The Secret Service has security protocols that he has to follow and that they rehearse regularly. He has to wait until he's told what to do when they are ready to move him.

Sadly, I feel I have to make the disclaimer here that it's not George Bush overall that I'm defending. I'm defending common knowledge and common sense. Which, I guess, isn't all that common.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:37 AM

In 7 minutes Bush, after being woke up by his staff, FLED! To save himself!

Old 12-30-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
In 7 minutes Bush, after being woke up by his staff, FLED! To save himself!
how long have you lived in this country? How old are you? This is really your thought process? Really? To save himself? Really?

Old 12-30-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWashington View Post
Whatever they were, this current administration ignored all of it and put hundreds of people in harms way. Get used to it, it will happen again under this administration. They are clueless.

No the question was: What security measures did Bush implement after being briefed about a potential terrorist attack by plane high jack before 9/11?

The White House had (at least ) 28 Advanced Intelligence Warnings Prior to 9/11

The White House had (at least ) 28 Advanced Intelligence Warnings Prior to 9/11* Compiled by Eric Smith

Old 12-30-2009, 07:40 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The hypocrisy here is the lame attempt to equate the mass murder of 3000+ Americans with some inept nitwit lighting his skivvies on fire, this lame attempt to sell possibly, maybe, coulda as if it's somehow reality.

No explanaion needed why this hypocrisy exists, it's typical of the NeoConfused when they have the urge to whine about something, anything.
I'll one up you. The idiocy here is comparing 9/11 to Flight 253, something that I have not done. I have merely exposed the presidential responses and the hypocrisy over My Pet Goat.

Funny, considering you're the one always referring to conservatives as "neoconfused." I would reconcile that it is YOU who has trouble understanding the concept at hand.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWashington View Post
how long have you lived in this country? How old are you? This is really your thought process? Really? To save himself? Really?
Where was he? I didn't see Bush addressing the nation as you criticize Obama for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies