Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2009, 12:21 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
I probably am about average regards my peers that is all I would commit to regards smart or not. Liberals simply are not my peers.

Bush is no longer President. The ceaseless efforts of the left to position Obamas failures behind Bush no longer works.

I believe Obama himself, is so bewildered, by the fact that he is President of the greatest most powerful country in the world that he doesn't know,(in George Carlins words) whether to sh.t or wind his watch.
You lefties never dissapoint with your imagination. Where did I defend the op? The trouble with you people is that you invent your defenses against just about anything. That is why you will believe just about anything.

Obama is on vacation, leave him alone. This little drone of the left, before he is finished, will bring economic, civil, military, and sociological catastrophe upon our country. I personally believe we should treat him like a parrot and throw a blanket over his cage. The less we hear of him the better.

This little nerd should have been jerked off the plain and terrorized for information and his supporteers should all be dead by now. This and every situation like this regards the war on terror will be lost under Obama.

It is errant liberal thinking that is the problem. As long as they feel good about themselves... I wonder if he is getting councelling as we speak? It is sufficient to say that you people are unbelievable. I believe we will not have to tolerate you in power for long. History will record this period as an experiment in lunacy. Once the full impact is understood it will not soon happen again. The repubs have some house cleaning of their own to do but I believe Mr. Obama is a done deal. More importantly this dummycrat congress is a done deal.
You still haven't answered the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 12:21 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
In other words, you can't answer my direct question (see post #423 if you need refreshing) without going off into a rant that does nothing but avoid the question.

I did answer your question. You are putting up straw men. I will humo r you though.
If you are going to be President of the United States you have to think on your feet without a promter and without a concensus of the poll takers. You have to have convictions and you have to rely on those convictions.
Most importantly though you must have some inherent sense of right and wrong. Obama does not have that sense. He does not have it because he is wired in the same fashion as his supporters...miswired.

By example, Harry Truman inventing the word police action, a term disdained by most Vietnam Vets i knew, is a manner of thinking designed to minimize the requirement of war. A concept born of miswired thinking and destined for failure.
The present group of non performers we have in office do not get the concept because they are basically liberal arts entitlement cowards. The wrong people for the wrong time. Sadly the majority of people are not individualists but of the herd mentality. They are easily beguiled. Obama is the beguiler in chief and the destroyer. These people have no experience in the real world and do not understand they are the conduit of evil.

Obama is a parrot of the left. If we do not cover the parrots cage we are doomed.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:22 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I want to know why a President, who obviously relishes the limelight, could not find the desire to make a statement to the consitutency once he learned of the attack? Instead he sent his minions out to tell us the "system worked," when clearly it did NOT work. So not only did he not make a statement, the Homeland Security leaders he dispatched outright lied to us (or are totally inept to be in charge of security).

The left on this forum try to minimize this attempted attack as if its nothing in order to cover for the lapse in judgement by this President. Furthermore, if this attempted attack is so unimportant, why is Obama now falling over himself to address the issue? Was it not important when he first learned of it? Or is it just important now that he's been called out for his flacid response?

None of you have a cogent answer. How very surprising.
We never will have an answer for you. Your mind is made up and nailed shut. For you, Bush can do no wrong even though he ignored intelligence of 9/11 and fled after his 7 minutes of paralyzing dimwittedness! Bush did not address the nation 7 minutes later, he ran away leaving us to fend for ourselves.

Quote:
In the changed political climate after 9/11, few have dared raise challenging questions about Bush’s actions. A journalist who said Bush was “flying around the country like a scared child, seeking refuge in his mother’s bed after having a nightmare” and another who said Bush “skedaddled” were fired. [Washington Post, 9/29/01 (B)] We should have a concise record of where President Bush was throughout the day the US was attacked, but we do not.
An Interesting Day: President Bush's Movements and Actions on 9/11

Old 12-30-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Well, given the way he dressed up in a pilot suit to prance around on the deck of an aircraft carrier, maybe the cape trick would have been his style.
But sir, he was a pilot! I doubt Obama would have the courage to fly a plane on a string. This is the difference in character of the two men. One is a man and one is a girlyman. One is a leader and one is a poser. A damn good poser but a poser. Posers will get you killed.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:27 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,563,668 times
Quote:
I probably am about average regards my peers that is all I would commit to regards smart or not. Liberals simply are not my peers.

Bush is no longer President. The ceaseless efforts of the left to position Obamas failures behind Bush no longer works.

I believe Obama himself, is so bewildered, by the fact that he is President of the greatest most powerful country in the world that he doesn't know,(in George Carlins words) whether to sh.t or wind his watch.
You lefties never dissapoint with your imagination. Where did I defend the op? The trouble with you people is that you invent your defenses against just about anything. That is why you will believe just about anything.

Obama is on vacation, leave him alone. This little drone of the left, before he is finished, will bring economic, civil, military, and sociological catastrophe upon our country. I personally believe we should treat him like a parrot and throw a blanket over his cage. The less we hear of him the better.

This little nerd should have been jerked off the plain and terrorized for information and his supporteers should all be dead by now. This and every situation like this regards the war on terror will be lost under Obama.

It is errant liberal thinking that is the problem. As long as they feel good about themselves... I wonder if he is getting councelling as we speak? It is sufficient to say that you people are unbelievable. I believe we will not have to tolerate you in power for long. History will record this period as an experiment in lunacy. Once the full impact is understood it will not soon happen again. The repubs have some house cleaning of their own to do but I believe Mr. Obama is a done deal. More importantly this dummycrat congress is a done deal.
really? I felt the same way about Bush when the nincompoop took a 5 WEEK VACATION prior to 9/11 with the August 6th Memo that screamed " BIN LADEN DIEREMINED TO STRIKE THE US" and was ignored completely.
Your description of Obama applies better to Bush than it does to Obama.
I was surprised to wake up on January 20th, 2009 and know we still had a nation after the almost total destruction of the US by Cheney , Bush and his cabal. As far as I am concerned they both should have hung along with Saddam!

Old 12-30-2009, 12:27 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Can you contest the facts?

No, you can't, or you would have by now.
I can attest to the fact that you started a topic for the sheer purpose of bashing the president and that you're too stubborn to admit that comparing the presidential response times between 9-11 and flight 253 has major flaws in logic. A skilled debater would have admitted by now, as several people have pointed out, that a better comparison would have been between the shoe bomber and the underpants bomber. The points have been scored and you lost the debate.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:29 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
This is why Bush was of no use on 9/11!

Quote:
So what did the Commander in Chief do with the knowledge that the United States was under attack?

He did nothing

Quote:
Military pilots must have “permission from the White House because only the president has the authority to order a civilian aircraft shot down.” [CNN, 10/26/99] But if retaliatory strikes needed to the authorized, Bush was not available. If one of the planes had to be shot down to save more lives on the ground, Bush was not available. Although several fighters had been dispatched to defend New York City, the pilot of one of the planes flying to catch Flight 175 later noted that it wouldn’t have mattered if he caught up with it, because only Bush could order a shootdown, and Bush could not be reached in the classroom. [Cape Cod Times, 8/21/02]
An Interesting Day: President Bush's Movements and Actions on 9/11

Old 12-30-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
really? I felt the same way about Bush when the nincompoop took a 5 WEEK VACATION prior to 9/11 with the August 6th Memo that screamed " BIN LADEN DIEREMINED TO STRIKE THE US" and was ignored completely.
Your description of Obama applies better to Bush than it does to Obama.
I was surprised to wake up on January 20th, 2009 and know we still had a nation after the almost total destruction of the US by Cheney , Bush and his cabal. As far as I am concerned they both should have hung along with Saddam!
l
rob, Mr. Bush led in the defense of the country and took it to the enemy andwon the batle if not the war. With Obama at the helm all those gains may be lost. Mr. Obama is more akin to a surrender monkey than a leader.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:31 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
Quote:

But sir, he was a pilot! I doubt Obama would have the courage to fly a plane on a string. This is the difference in character of the two men. One is a man and one is a girlyman. One is a leader and one is a poser. A damn good poser but a poser. Posers will get you killed.
How many people have been killed by terrorists on President Obama's watch? How many were killed on Bush's watch? How many were killed during those 7 minutes he sat on his ass reading a book while terrorists were actively in the process of hijacking airplanes by slitting the throats of the flight crews, then slamming them into buildings?

Old 12-30-2009, 12:32 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I can attest to the fact that you started a topic for the sheer purpose of bashing the president and that you're too stubborn to admit that comparing the presidential response times between 9-11 and flight 253 has major flaws in logic. A skilled debater would have admitted by now, as several people have pointed out, that a better comparison would have been between the shoe bomber and the underpants bomber. The points have been scored and you lost the debate.
You must have missed it. I said this earlier in the thread:

I"ll be glad to fault Bush over the Shoe Bomber incident. No sweat off my back in doing so.

Obama could have given a statement to the nation, soon after he was notified, but he did not. I find fault in that as well.

It's sad that the Shoe Bomber is invoked in order to provide some sort of leverage for not calling out Obama. Should they not both be called out? The fallacy, inconsistency, and outright hypocrisy from the left continues unabated.

I'm guessing you don't have an answer to this falacious, inconsistent hypocrisy either do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies