Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2009, 04:26 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,159,440 times

Advertisements

During a telephone interview on MSNBC today Rep. Mike Conaway (R-TX) failed to reconcile the hypocrisy inherent in Republican criticisms of President Obama's allegedly soft or slow reaction to the attempted attack on flight 253. As MSNBC's Milissa Rehberger pointed out, then-President George W. Bush took six days to issue a response to shoe bomber Richard Reid's failed attack in 2001 -- far longer than President Obama took to address flight 253.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ0p9...layer_embedded
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 04:28 PM

68,285 posts, read 54,088,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
You ask what's it going to be? How about we stop using extremist ideologies to create a "problem" where none exists.

But, but, but, but that might cost someone their membership in the Drama Queen Society

Old 12-30-2009, 04:29 PM

37,840 posts, read 21,917,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Typically lame.

9/11 killed thousands, the attempted bombing failed.

Cons really need to stop trying to by spin amsters and worry more about getting the country back on her feet.

Oh, BTW, thanks for trivializing thousands of dead.
...so obviously 0bama knew that only one terror act was going to be attempted?

Old 12-30-2009, 04:30 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,123,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
I don't know much about the Republican way or th Dummycrat way, i have little respect for either of them. I do believe in the conservative way. With regards to the war and defense of the nation Bush was the right man for the right time and Obama is not. I do understand that much. If you cannot arrive at that junction then you simply lack the skills. You people are fellow americans so I am sorry for you, I feel pity for you. You are prisoners of idealism.
Better to have ideals than to live in fear.

How is "conservative" an apt description for someone who supports war? It's the biggest waste of human lives and dollars that has ever been concocted. How is spending trillions and getting nothing in return conservative?

Old 12-30-2009, 04:31 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,698,731 times
Quote:

How is "conservative" an apt description for someone who supports war? It's the biggest waste of human lives and dollars that has ever been concocted. How is spending trillions and getting nothing in return conservative?
This summarizes very well and is worth repeating!

Old 12-30-2009, 04:32 PM

1,133 posts, read 709,704 times
Quote:
7 minutes while the country was under attack and 3000+ people were about to die.
72 hours after which no one died and the threat was captured.

You ask what's it going to be? How about we stop using extremist ideologies to create a "problem" where none exists.
Otherwise known as head in sand diplomacy

Old 12-30-2009, 04:35 PM

68,285 posts, read 54,088,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Otherwise known as head in sand diplomacy

Which is preferable to head up butt go off half-cocked diplomacy.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:36 PM

1,133 posts, read 709,704 times
Quote:

My ideals are freedom without fear which is a priveledge handed to me on a silver platter by brave men and women. I think the ideals of many are t lie down,nod, smile, and beg for forgiveness for whatever the accuser wants. Not my idea of living in a state of non fear.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:47 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,274,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
...so obviously 0bama knew that only one terror act was going to be attempted?
Obviously he knew as much as Bush knew when the shoe bomber did his dirty deed and Bush took 6 days to respond. Neither president felt a go-one-the-air-within-7-minutes presidential action was needed the way it was needed back during 9-11.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:58 PM

37,840 posts, read 21,917,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Obviously he knew as much as Bush knew when the shoe bomber did his dirty deed and Bush took 6 days to respond. Neither president felt a go-one-the-air-within-7-minutes presidential action was needed the way it was needed back during 9-11.
Okay, so we are back the the old standard deflection, that as long as 0bama is about at least as lame as Bush, then he is golden.

I don't think presidents have to be involved in controlling investigations into small incidents like an underwear or shoe bomber, because they already have the best intel and security people our country has to offer, taking care of business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies