Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should President Obama be impeached?
Yes 48 30.19%
No 107 67.30%
Not sure 4 2.52%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 07:47 AM

68,289 posts, read 54,108,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
This is not a blame Bush thread with the intention to distract from the failings of Obama. That tired and useless tactic does not work anymore.

Nor does disagreeing with Obama's policies make him guilty of any impeachable offense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 07:53 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,088,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
LoL, the calls started the day after the election. He had yet to do anything, even then people are revising history that he is for fault of every fault of dumb politicians for the last 30 years...while the ones who did it were sainted.

When people who didn't see anything wrong the day before start screaming till they are out of breath and red in the face, continuing day after day, the next day...there is something else at play. Especially when you ask "Well, what makes you say that?" and the same people scream you've drunken the Kool Aid and are now "One of them" without ever disclosing why.

Even psychology 101 can tell you the rational mind has gone on holiday and there is something deeper that is the issue. Of course, for many if they disclose said issue either they will be laughed at or dismissed entirely. So, the screaming without reason continues.

I'm happy to debate and work through issues I am not pleased with (as are many of the rational), but the scary thing is people who have honest criticism and want to work to make things better don't want to be lumped with these lunatics. So it will make things interesting in debates and cooperation to the future.
You are exactly right. There a honest disagreements about policies that many, conservative, liberal, or moderate, could have with the administration. But if those things are brought up for discussion then the loonies start their chant of "See, he is a commie, facist, nazi, Kenyan...we told you so....now we will all die because you drank the kool aid and voted for him." It makes honest disagreement or discussion impossible and embarrassing.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:35 AM

757 posts, read 801,054 times
What part of Arab and Pakistani AMERICANS evaded you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
“In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”

Obama

Can it be any clearer what and who he is?

Old 01-19-2010, 09:36 AM

994 posts, read 1,678,453 times
Impeached? Already? Does he smoke cigars?

Old 01-19-2010, 10:10 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,289,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Nor does disagreeing with Obama's policies make him guilty of any impeachable offense.
Agreed. Republicans should not be trying to make policy differences criminal or impeachable offenses. We have enough experience of Democrats doing that, we don't need to play that game too.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:22 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,279,161 times
Tell me what REALLY is the point of this thread? If they did not impeach Bush and Cheney for allowing profiteering during the war, what possible explanation do they have for trying or even suggesting that Obama be impeached? His biggest mistake is living in the fantasy world of bilateral cooperation with the Repubs. He should just bully his agenda down their throats like the previuos administration did.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:25 PM

6,082 posts, read 6,015,751 times
Barry no, but I can think of five, robed individuals that are good candidates.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:27 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,597,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Tell me what REALLY is the point of this thread?
Simple. I wanted to see how many people thought that Obama should be impeached, and hear their reasons why.

I don't agree with them at all, but about 1/3 of the voters think he should be impeached. I don't think any of them have given a legitimate reason for it, however. They're just angry that he's President.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:33 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,818,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Many conservatives and Republicans appear to be at their wits' end with President Obama. I'm wondering when the calls for impeachment will begin.
Add Moderates and Independents to the list.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:39 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,407,651 times
Do you really want Biden taking over the reigns??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies