Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 10:22 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,069,300 times

Advertisements

So let me get this straight. Palin is just as admired as Clinton because 1% less people admire here? So I guess by Sanrene's theory, Nixon was co-president from 1960-1964 and Humphrey was co-president from 1968-1972. They lost the popular vote by 1%. Brilliant logic.

And I love how people have ignored the fact the article mentions Palin is one of the most-hated women in America today. She's right up there with Octo-Mom and Kate Gosling. That's some great company there

Oh and about Katie Couric trying to destroy Palin. LOL. Did you even watch the interview? Couric asked simple questions. Palin destroyed herself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 10:28 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,741,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
So let me get this straight. Palin is just as admired as Clinton because 1% less people admire here? So I guess by Sanrene's theory, Nixon was co-president from 1960-1964 and Humphrey was co-president from 1968-1972. They lost the popular vote by 1%. Brilliant logic.

And I love how people have ignored the fact the article mentions Palin is one of the most-hated women in America today. She's right up there with Octo-Mom and Kate Gosling. That's some great company there

Oh and about Katie Couric trying to destroy Palin. LOL. Did you even watch the interview? Couric asked simple questions. Palin destroyed herself.

Oh I can help you out. You see polls are not precise measures. They have what are called "margins of error". basically a built in fudge factor. They do this because they take a small sample size and extrapolate it to the country at large (as much as those who are on the losing end would like to deny it polls are pretty accurate). Now with an election people go to the polls, votes are counted and a precise winner is determined. No margin of error because everyone (who wants to) is polled.

As for ignoring the most hated women, it is off topic since the thread is about most admired. I am sure many people would love to participate inthe thread you will start on that topic.

Hope this helps!

Old 01-07-2010, 10:35 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,434,002 times
It is so pathetic that you keep trying to equate coming in second with coming in first. Tell you what, sweetie, as soon as Sarah Wailin' Bailin' Failin' Palin can come in first OR second 17 years in a row the way that Hillary Clinton has, then she'll be on an equal footing. Until then, she's a nobody who was plucked out of the Frozen Frontier as a cheap imitation of Hillary Clinton. She lost. Twice now. Deal with it.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Oh I can help you out. You see polls are not precise measures. They have what are called "margins of error". basically a built in fudge factor. They do this because they take a small sample size and extrapolate it to the country at large (as much as those who are on the losing end would like to deny it polls are pretty accurate). Now with an election people go to the polls, votes are counted and a precise winner is determined. No margin of error because everyone (who wants to) is polled.

As for ignoring the most hated women, it is off topic since the thread is about most admired. I am sure many people would love to participate inthe thread you will start on that topic.

Hope this helps!
But then by theory Clinton's MOE could by a few points. She may actually be ahead by more than the article stated.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
It is so pathetic that you keep trying to equate coming in second with coming in first. Tell you what, sweetie, as soon as Sarah Wailin' Bailin' Failin' Palin can come in first OR second 17 years in a row the way that Hillary Clinton has, then she'll be on an equal footing. Until then, she's a nobody who was plucked out of the Frozen Frontier as a cheap imitation of Hillary Clinton. She lost. Twice now. Deal with it.
You are proving my previous post. The lefties are enraged that Palin is seen in the same light as Hillary. In this poll people see her the same as they see Hillary, there is no question about it. Deal with it. It is not the end of the world. It is nothing personal. Calm down and relax.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
You are proving my previous post. The lefties are enraged that Palin is seen in the same light as Hillary. In this poll people see her the same as they see Hillary, there is no question about it. Deal with it. It is not the end of the world. It is nothing personal. Calm down and relax.
Not really. Overall, Hillary's favorable opinion dwarf Palin's. The thing is conservatives really don't have any other women to admire, it's natural Palin's that high.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:44 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,567,486 times
Quote:
Well I am not enraged about it.

I don't hate Palin. I don't love Palin.

I don't care about Palin.

But I do love Hillary!

Old 01-07-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
But then by theory Clinton's MOE could by a few points. She may actually be ahead by more than the article stated.

Sure she could but the point is they are so close as to be indistinguishable. It is not that important but the fact that the left is so whipped up by it means it is important to them. That is what I find funny.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Not really. Overall, Hillary's favorable opinion dwarf Palin's. The thing is conservatives really don't have any other women to admire, it's natural Palin's that high.

This poll is about most admired woman. They are neck and neck.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:51 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,434,002 times
The Left is whipped up by it? Remind me, who started this thread again? Keep reachin', babe, and I'll keep laughin'!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies