Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 12:05 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,423,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGrad2009 View Post

In Fox's defense, they don't have anything against highly educated people. ALL of their pundits are highly educated with advanced degrees, liberal or conservative. Ann Coulter is a lawyer, along with Laura Ingraham. Marc Lamont Hill, a liberal commentator for OReilly's show, very educated.

I think they are angry at those who are implying with their words "Well, I went to an Ivy league school. Don't worry your pretty little heads about what's going on in the country. Just shut up and let us take care of it."
There is no defense of Fox. If that's what they heard when the President spoke, they're not nearly as intelligent as their educations should indicate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 12:08 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,212,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
There is no defense of Fox. If that's what they heard when the President spoke, they're not nearly as intelligent as their educations should indicate.
Is there a chance that right now Obama is talking about how somebody dropped the ball back there when the father called the embassy? He wants us to believe that it was an accident but I think that somebody was not wanting to believe the father and didn't want to get in trouble for reporting what the man told him/her. It is so much like when the CIA and FBI weren't allowed to communicate about all the al Qaeda threats back in 2001 by the Gorelick Wall.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:11 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,627,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakland City View Post
Being Educated is now a bad thing according to the far right.
It has been for quite some time. Think about Sarah Palin's acceptance speech at the Republican Convention last year. One of the main themes was about "small town values" and how people who are closed-minded and less educated are somehow better people than college professors, people who live in big cities, and - gasp! - people who read The New York Times!

It was David Brooks who said that Palin's type of thinking was a "fatal cancer" to the GOP.

Brooks on Palin: “A Fatal Cancer to the Republican Party” | The Moderate Voice

Old 12-30-2009, 12:14 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,294,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
This is why Fox "News" is such a joke. EVERY journalist or news commentator should KNOW that it is STANDARD practice to ALWAYS use "alleged" or "allegedly" in relation to ALLEGED criminal activity UNTIL THERE IS A CONVICTION.

If FOX "NEWS" isn't using "alleged" and "allegedly" themselves, then they are violating journalistic integrity.

Oh wait, I used "integrity" and "Fox News" in the same sentence. That was my problem right there.
I guess some of these people making a big deal out of use of 'alleged' or 'allegedly' just started watching the news with Obama was elected. LOL

Old 12-30-2009, 12:23 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,423,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post

I guess some of these people making a big deal out of use of 'alleged' or 'allegedly' just started watching the news with Obama was elected. LOL
They've suddenly forgotten every reporting of every ALLEGED criminal activity that they've ever read, heard or reported on themselves. It's as if a Time Warp happened and the world of commentary ceased to exist prior to President Obama's election. It's like they think everything President Obama says or does is utterly unprecedented. It's crazy.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:29 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,175,894 times
I'm glad I didn't subscribe to FAUX News through my cable provider, the few videos I see on the internet is sufficient enough to prove to me what a bunch of whiners they are....

Old 12-30-2009, 12:31 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,209,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
I have yet to hear anyone use the word allegedly as much as Obama outside of defense lawyers who are defending criminals. Kind of ironic....
That's strange. I hear the word "allegedly" a lot. Oh, yes. I also hear the word "allegedly" used by prosecutors.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You just pointed out what group of lawyers uses the term most often and we all know why that is. If most of them are from Harvard then maybe the word does belong to Harvard and its grads. However, I think the word is very much one that belongs to defense lawyers and that Obama does overuse it. How many witnesses would be needed to get that word out of his talking points?
Guess you don't spend much time in court rooms or other legal proceedings, or with attorneys, roy.

PROSECUTORS use the word "allegedly" every bit as often as defense lawyers. They don't want to ruin a jury pool, you know. Or do you think that prosecutors as a group are "dumb"?

Old 12-30-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWashington View Post
Obama has been acting stupidly, that's all it is

Okay. Since you admitted outright in another thread that you are, in fact, a racist, I'd like to know if you think Obama has been acting "stupidly" because you believe that black people are not as smart as white people, or do you have another reason for thinking that Obama has been acting "stupidly"?

Can you give specific reasons for your perception that Obama has been acting "stupidly"?

Impressively, you are the ONLY racist on the board to seem to have courage in your convictions, so please take this opportunity to continue to be honest with us.

//www.city-data.com/forum/12224528-post103.html

Old 12-30-2009, 02:00 PM

11,754 posts, read 14,612,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I guess you didn't notice that that video came from TPM. Well, I am sure that you didn't.
And your point is?

Somehow Josh cooked up a phony video with Fox talking heads and the Fox logo on the screen?

That he edited the video to make the Fox people look dumber than they really are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies