Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 02:56 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
I think when calling a black man a Monkey it is meant to be racist.
But you don't know for sure and that’s where the problem is. Why do you think that is racist?
A good fail safe for those who feel they have been attacked is attack back. But the retort is clearly meant to be an attack so in my eyes those who react out of ignorance are the true aggressors.
The comment you made; although it was not towards you, you chose to label the poster’s comment racist. Now really, who is the aggressor here?
If it was meant to be racist what could you or I possibly do to change that? (can't unring a bell, can't unsay a word) We can chose to ignore. Being racist is a right, I may not like it but then what other people think of me is none of my business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 03:00 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,075,318 times
Black or white, if he was conservative would the msm accept him at his word that he's "eligible" to serve as president? Hell, no! This is complete bull sh*t. The man is hiding his past for a reason. What on earth could the reason be except for the fact that he's got something to hide - something that would stand in the way of his being eligible for office.

He considers himself black not mixed. His Justice Dept. is biased towards blacks and muslims - he seems to support "reparation" type legislation and the furtherance of Islam to the detriment of this country.

To those that are disgusted by racism, you should be totally disgusted by Obama as he is a catalyst for diminished race relations. Look at the Justice Dept. - totally biased against whites.

I am so sick of the pandering to this piece of crap by the media and the rinos - the country is on the losing end because we have a so-called "president" that sees himself above the law and the Constitution.

If he were conservative he would have to answer to...

why all his background is hidden: birth, school, passport, medical records - why has he spent so much money to hide the information?

Social security number - why a Connecticut ss number when there is no connection to that state and Obama?

Who is his real father? If BO Sr is indeed his father he cannot be "natural born" and therefore not eligible to be president.

He's a complete disgrace - the man hasn't a clue about the economy or foreign policy and furthermore, he doesn't much care. He has no-one in his administration that is experienced or competent, Hillary Clinton included.

If he were white and/or conservative he would be held to account for his total lack of background information.

We have to stop being afraid of being called racists just because we don't agree with his absurd policies. Call me racist, I don't give a crap - he's an incompetent, phony liar and a racist bully. His election is the worst thing that ever happened to this country amd if we don't start reversing the damage he's done we won't have a country.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:01 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCincorrect View Post
But you don't know for sure and that’s where the problem is. Why do you think that is racist?
A good fail safe for those who feel they have been attacked is attack back. But the retort is clearly meant to be an attack so in my eyes those who react out of ignorance are the true aggressors.
The comment you made; although it was not towards you, you chose to label the poster’s comment racist. Now really, who is the aggressor here?
If it was meant to be racist what could you or I possibly do to change that? (can't unring a bell, can't unsay a word) We can chose to ignore. Being racist is a right, I may not like it but then what other people think of me is none of my business.
As I have freedom of speech I can call someone a racist when that person makes a racist comment. For me calling Obama a monkey is a racist comment.

If someone said called a jewish person money-hungry, I'd call him an anti-semite and so on.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:01 PM

520 posts, read 1,006,648 times
This must be my day to discuss genetics and/or phenotypes. First, I stumble on a Halle Berry thread where they swear up and down, now it's Obama.

I just ran into an old friend who is light-skinned with shoulder-length, processed hair. She was telling about her life on the west coast (SF area). She said every white person, when she told them she was black, they were in total denial and CHALLENGED HER ON HER OWN ETHNICITY. She told them her mother was black and her father was black. Now, the darn Obama thread. Obviously, you people are not in highly populated black areas or have very little contact with blacks.

First off, Obama does not even look mixed. Second, there is a thing called genetics and melanin. For the short version, on one spectrum someone who is totally devoid of melanin will appear pale in color, with blond hair and blue eyes (Aryan). On the other spectrum, somone who is with complete melanin with appear blue-black in color with dark eyes and hair. Then, there are all others in between.

Fortunately/Unfortunately, a person with a lack of, or minimal, melanin will be incapable of absorbing light, sound, heat, frequencies, etc. into their cells and converting that into energy. Fortunately/Unfortunately, a person with adequate melanin will absorb light, sound, heat, frequencies, etc. into their molecular structure (similar to a black hole in space). If you place a drop of black ink, paint, or dye into its white counterpart, that black substance will absorb as much as it can retain.

Regarding judging a race off of phenotypes, whites get mislead by this because they assume they are the only race with certain facial features. They assume every black person has a wide nose and thick lips and this is not the case. Mostly, they use skin complexion - in addition to physical characteristics - to assume someone is caucasion.

But, obviously, Obama's mother was not at the extreme end of the melanin spectrum (Aryan) as she had dark hair and dark eyes (I believe). But, Obama's father was definitely almost at the end of the blue-black melanin spectrum. In any event, if Obama - or most of your "mixed" children - were to ever need a kidney or liver, their genetic match will, more than likely, be of African/Negroid/Black descent.

Y'all need to get some black friends or hang out more. I know y'all have ran the world for the last thousand years or so, but c'mon, people. I guess a black person can't accomplish anything without someone stating that they are not 100% black, were raised by non-blacks, had the assistance or direction of a caucasiod, or had help from aliens.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
As I have freedom of speech I can call someone a racist when that person makes a racist comment. For me calling Obama a monkey is a racist comment.

If someone said called a jewish person money-hungry, I'd call him an anti-semite and so on.
I don't doubt you have the right to call me or anyone else a racist but if your only justification is because "they did it first" how are your actions any better? Its a hater calling a hater a hater.

But really, how is calling Obama "a monkey" racist? I don't get it?
Is it that racism is in the eye of the beholder?
I'll drop it.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:10 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,103 times
Quote:
But really, how is calling Obama a "monkey" racist? I don't get it?
There is a lengthy history of whites calling blacks monkeys as a racist slur.

When people compared Bush to a monkey, it was being crass and stupid; it may be crass and stupid when people do it with Obama as well, but it's hard to impossible to discount the context and history behind the gesture.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:13 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,700 times
Quote:
I don't doubt you have the right to call me or anyone else a racist but if your only justification is because "they did it first" how are your actions any better? Its a hater calling a hater a hater.

I'll drop it.
I didn't call you a racist. If someone makes a homophobic/racist/etc remark, Ill let him know what I think about it. Do you think we should not stop people that attack others? So I should keep my mouth shut when I hear that someone offends someone else? I disagree.

And yes, calling a black person a monkey is racist. In the italian soccer league, the ultra-right fascists threw bananas on the soccer fields and made animals sounds when black soccer players entered the field. How do you think these players felt like?

Old 02-08-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
I didn't call you a racist. If someone makes a homophobic/racist/etc remark, Ill let him know what I think about it. Do you think we should not stop people that attack others? So I should keep my mouth shut when I hear that someone offends someone else? I disagree.

And yes, calling a black person a monkey is racist. In the italian soccer league, the ultra-right fascists threw bananas on the soccer fields and made animals sounds when black soccer players entered the field. How do you think these players felt like?
No you didn't and thanks. I am however opinionated.

I failed to express how to me words are only words. I have been and will be called many things in life, not all are bad .
I don't like Barry (Obama) because of his actions and beliefs. I may profile individuals but not a whole race if I did I would have to profile my own race.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:43 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
Black or white, if he was conservative would the msm accept him at his word that he's "eligible" to serve as president? Hell, no! This is complete bull sh*t. The man is hiding his past for a reason. What on earth could the reason be except for the fact that he's got something to hide - something that would stand in the way of his being eligible for office.

He considers himself black not mixed. His Justice Dept. is biased towards blacks and muslims - he seems to support "reparation" type legislation and the furtherance of Islam to the detriment of this country.

To those that are disgusted by racism, you should be totally disgusted by Obama as he is a catalyst for diminished race relations. Look at the Justice Dept. - totally biased against whites.

I am so sick of the pandering to this piece of crap by the media and the rinos - the country is on the losing end because we have a so-called "president" that sees himself above the law and the Constitution.

If he were conservative he would have to answer to...

why all his background is hidden: birth, school, passport, medical records - why has he spent so much money to hide the information?

Social security number - why a Connecticut ss number when there is no connection to that state and Obama?

Who is his real father? If BO Sr is indeed his father he cannot be "natural born" and therefore not eligible to be president.

He's a complete disgrace - the man hasn't a clue about the economy or foreign policy and furthermore, he doesn't much care. He has no-one in his administration that is experienced or competent, Hillary Clinton included.

If he were white and/or conservative he would be held to account for his total lack of background information.

We have to stop being afraid of being called racists just because we don't agree with his absurd policies. Call me racist, I don't give a crap - he's an incompetent, phony liar and a racist bully. His election is the worst thing that ever happened to this country amd if we don't start reversing the damage he's done we won't have a country.
So, that is what happens right after someone drinks the koolaid?
Casper

Old 02-08-2011, 03:48 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:

I'll drop it.
You are correct in one thing,
You don't get it.
Maybe someone else has the time to explain it to you, when they do, listen.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies