Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2010, 01:19 PM

1,179 posts, read 975,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Yep. Not by choice, though. It never would have happened if he didn't have severe back pain.
Just give it up. The guy became a junkie while saying horrible things about drug addicts. He was a junkie and a hypocrite. Own it and get over it, quit being his chump.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:24 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Yep. Not by choice, though. It never would have happened if he didn't have severe back pain.
Rush is famous for saying how drug addicts should be thrown in jail for the rest of their lives.....guess the big fat flip flopping whale changed his mind.....

Old 01-01-2010, 01:25 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Thanks for the reminder. This slob, and he is a slob regardless of how much weight he sheds, poked fun at t Michael J. Fox's affliction with Parkinson's Disease. You know what? Go to hell Rush!
I agree.....and I doubt he had a heart attack.... bet the slob OD'd.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:25 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I still don't get it. The link is to a talk Limbaugh gave about Kennedy. No one has quoted "something really stupid and bigoted that the left says" and called it brilliant. Saying you're going to puke and vomit over any assertion that differences about Kennedy should be put aside for the day of his death and respect his great work and achievements is disgusting and disrespectful.
What "great work and achievements"??? That would mean lots of dead air with nothing to discuss. I'd like to give him some credit for something. Help me with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
His long absence now from public view, as a result of chest pains, is starting to seem strange to me as well........WHERE IS HE?

People will start to question the length of the stay pretty soon.
Like you are doing now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I took the same medication for quite some time for my back pain, I did not become an an addict, and I did not abuse the medication or buy it illegally.

Rush made the choice to take more than he was prescribed to get high off of it, and obtained it illegally.
"To get high?" And you know that, how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Oh, that is really some choice defense you've got going there. Thousands upon thousands of people develop severe back pain every year and they ALL don't get hooked on drugs to the point that they doctor shop to get them. He abused drugs. Why is that so hard for his fans to accept? He knew what he was doing was wrong but that didn't stop him. He could have afforded to go to the best pain clinics in the world but he chose to take the illegal route instead.
Many people take pain meds and some do get dependent on them. Let's not sit in judgment until we've walked a mile in that person's shoes.

It's amazing, but not surprising, to see how a situation either brings out the best in people, or the worst. And it's pretty predictable who will say what. I hope I haven't accidentally put any of you ugly ones on my friends list.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:34 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
"To get high?" And you know that, how?

Many people take pain meds and some do get dependent on them. Let's not sit in judgment until we've walked a mile in that person's shoes.
Give me a break. Yes - you become physically dependent. Under a doctors supervision they manage your pain and ensure that you do not abuse the medication. If Rush simply needed more medication due to tolerance - he'd have no problem getting that if he was in a doctor supervised pain clinic. The only reason to doctor shop and buy illegally is to GET HIGH.

Stop making excuses, he's an addict the same way a heroin addict on the street is.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:37 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
My x-sister-in-law walked in the same shoes as Rush and she took the same route he took---doctor shopping 4 counties to get drugs, buying pain meds on the street, court ordered rehab, etc. I don't have to "walk a mile" in hers or Rush's shoes. I had a firsthand view of what happens when a person thinks they don't have to follow the same rules as everyone else.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:38 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Rush is famous for saying how drug addicts should be thrown in jail for the rest of their lives.....guess the big fat flip flopping whale changed his mind.....

Nah, he just bought his way out of trouble.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:28 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I like the way you think.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:32 PM

1,179 posts, read 975,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
My x-sister-in-law walked in the same shoes as Rush and she took the same route he took---doctor shopping 4 counties to get drugs, buying pain meds on the street, court ordered rehab, etc. I don't have to "walk a mile" in hers or Rush's shoes. I had a firsthand view of what happens when a person thinks they don't have to follow the same rules as everyone else.
Right, and also the fact that he was/is a junkie is irrelevant, what IS RELEVANT is that he said horrible things about those in his shoes for years. Just pure hate and crap. Which makes him an enormous hypocrite and jerk. That is primarily what people have a problem with. In regards to drug issues, the majority of people in this country hold a compassionate view towards those with addiction problems. Loud mouth hypocrites on the other hand....

Old 01-01-2010, 02:36 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Give me a break. Yes - you become physically dependent. Under a doctors supervision they manage your pain and ensure that you do not abuse the medication. If Rush simply needed more medication due to tolerance - he'd have no problem getting that if he was in a doctor supervised pain clinic. The only reason to doctor shop and buy illegally is to GET HIGH.

Stop making excuses, he's an addict the same way a heroin addict on the street is.
I think he owned his addiction. I just don't think we can or should use addictions to legally subscribed drugs as such a left/right issue any longer. I would not even take one single dose of Oxyconin if prescribed. Too dangerous. I think we should cheer on anyone going to rehab and wish them well, even a Kennedy (LOL). Just teasing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies