Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 11:05 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpresley View Post
I have had infractions for some of my opineons
Join the club.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:15 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Join the club.
Times ten for me.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:33 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,059 times
Honestly, isn't it sad to know that even though you try and try and try to see the good in people, even foul mouthed Rush Limbaugh, and despite ALL of his actions that totally contradict all of your own beliefs, you still try and then he goes and get sick and you think well ,yes that is sad and all, but then you find he chose to go to Honolulu, Hi for vacation when he could've easily afforded to go ANYWHERE else in HI that is WAAAAY better, and then well, hell, really that's just the straw that breaks the camel's back for me!

What a loser. Maybe next time he'll be a better vacationer and pick another island....Honolule blows.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:34 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,059 times
Honestly, isn't it sad to know that even though you try and try and try to see the good in people, even foul mouthed Rush Limbaugh, and despite ALL of his actions that totally contradict all of your own beliefs, you still try and then he goes and get sick and you think well ,yes that is sad and all, but then you find he chose to go to Honolulu, Hi for vacation when he could've easily afforded to go ANYWHERE else in HI that is WAAAAY better, and then well, hell, really that's just the straw that breaks the camel's back for me!

What a loser. Maybe next time he'll be a better vacationer and pick another island, hell even a different neighborhood would suffice....Honolulu blows compared to the rest of Hawaii

Old 12-30-2009, 11:38 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
I hope he recovers even if I'm not a listener. But it is odd that he and Obama and Pelosi vacationed at the same place at the same time. Money and power makes you crave sun and warmth I guess.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I hope he recovers even if I'm not a listener. But it is odd that he and Obama and Pelosi vacationed at the same place at the same time. Money and power makes you crave sun and warmth I guess.
I'm sure it won't be long before someone suggests that Obama and Pelosi conspired to kill Limbaugh.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:07 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm sure it won't be long before someone suggests that Obama and Pelosi conspired to kill Limbaugh.
I'm sure it will have something to do with a long form birth certificate.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
I'm sure it won't be long before Obama is rushed to the hospital with his head up his butt.
I'm sure you'll pray for Obama just as you have for Limbaugh.

Or not.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:23 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellard View Post
The left (in general) are incredibly angry, jealous, bitter and self righteous. Listen to the dopes that were on air america. Most were screeching and bitching so much it was impossible to listen more than a few minutes.

Oh, and ever hear of the happy guy Keith Olbermann?

Conservative radio/tv is usually more entertaining because they actually have people from opposing sides on. A conversation with different viewpoints is usually more interesting than a lecture.

Rush is in a class by himself. He can handle 40 minutes on his own without becoming boring. I used to listen to him in the 90's because he was so entertaining, not because I agreed with his politics. Now I agree with his politics and find him just as entertaining.

I'm sending a prayer his way.

Would he make jokes about Barry having a heart attack? I don't think he would. He might make cracks about a particuar situation, but I've never heard him wish people ill. I'm trying to remember how he handled the Ted Kennedy death....he definately didn't let up on him for his politics or his scumbag antics, or his letting that poor young woman die...but he never took delight in Kennedy's health problems.
Oh, Nellard, you again! So new to the forum. And a Rush fan, too! My, you're a fast reader to pick up on all the posts made in this thread and the other Rush thread on the board......even to the extent of bringing Ted Kennedy into the discussion.

I think old Rush is actually just fine. Last thing anyone posted about his situation was that he was resting comfortably in the hospital. Not to worry.

Old 12-31-2009, 05:06 AM

153 posts, read 238,355 times
Years ago, at the time Rush was having his hearing difficulties, I participated in a "Parenting" discussion board to discuss, well, parenting. You would not believe the hateful, venomous attacks on him at that board, wishing him complete deafness (what that had to do with parenting, I do not know). Later, after 9/11, I attempted to vent my outrage on that board, thinking others would feel the same, and I was attacked for my un-PC attitude against the Islamic terrorists. I was actually accused of having a "white hood". Liberals are such hypocrites. And "PC" is going to kill us all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies