Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 11:16 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
Just as the article said, they are more interested in making it look tarnished then actually bring a suit. You're the target audience....
Well then let's bring all the other states into the same fold and special favors that Nebraska got. How's about that ? That is fair, isn't it ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 04:20 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,824,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Change it? No. Combine the three terms together.
Cornhuskers are against the Nelson sellout. They want no part of it...except perhaps some in Near North Omaha.

Old 01-01-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Cornhuskers are against the Nelson sellout. They want no part of it...except perhaps some in Near North Omaha.
Well their man fought hard for them. I guess he wasn't listening when they said "no" ?

Old 01-01-2010, 04:36 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,300,507 times
As I said before Obama will be working to find a way to screw over the AG's or anyone who is against it.

Here is just the start of it. I knew it was coming.

Read the entire thing. Nelson may not have a job for long due to this.

Ben Nelson to Henry McMaster: 'Call off the dogs' - Alex Isenstadt - POLITICO.com

According to a copy of a memo sent by McMaster’s chief of staff to other GOP state attorneys general detailing the call, Nelson asked McMaster to “call off the dogs,” a reference to recent threats by the state AGs to file a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of a Medicaid provision in the bill that benefits Nebraska at the expense of other states. [LEFT]
Read more: Ben Nelson to Henry McMaster: 'Call off the dogs' - Alex Isenstadt - POLITICO.com

Who the heck does Nelson think he is to even ask this?

The AG's needs to tell them to sit down and shut up and to mind his own business.

At least the AG's are looking out for the people while Nelson sold out his people.
[/LEFT]

Old 01-01-2010, 06:02 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
At least the AG's are looking out for the people while Nelson sold out his people.
[/color][/left]
While I do not agree with what Nelson did, he didn't "sell out his people", he brought home a huge piece of pork for Nebraska.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:53 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,638,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
While I do not agree with what Nelson did, he didn't "sell out his people", he brought home a huge piece of pork for Nebraska.
Only 17% of Nebraska voters approve of the dirty trick he pulled. The Gov of Nebraska wants his head...!

I bet his phone is ringing off the hook while he tries to enjoy his vacation...! Any form of bribery in Washington should carry the same penalties as bribes in any business, both parties should go to jail..

Old 01-01-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Now what I think would be fitting is that, instead of a lawsuit to remove it, the AG's threaten a lawsuit to have their states included as well.

Watch all the other states hop on that bandwagon. Now that all states have it Congress may have no choice but to remove it from everyone, including Nebraska.

Sometimes the simple tactics work best. What's good for Nebraska is good for the rest of America is what I say.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:59 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Only 17% of Nebraska voters approve of the dirty trick he pulled. The Gov of Nebraska wants his head...!

I bet his phone is ringing off the hook while he tries to enjoy his vacation...! Any form of bribery in Washington should carry the same penalties as bribes in any business, both parties should go to jail..
Yes indeed. Washington is held to a lower standard however, and I still haven't figured out why.

Old 01-01-2010, 07:02 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,522,834 times
Challenging the provision is their right, but I doubt it will be ruled unconstitutional. Nelson's deal is no different than other pork.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies