Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 05:51 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Excellent question and I'm sure that you will not get a response...at least not a logical or intelligent one.
Key words: "logical, intelligent"..............I'm not holding my breath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 05:56 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Exactly my perception! He is a bitter, mean-spirited old man who cannot bring himself to "let go".........Now that he is out of power, he's desperately trying to grab power back. He just doesn't want to face the truth, he is the PAST, he is a "has been" now.
Cheney is not a has been, he's actually never was. This excuse for a man has done nothing but bring our nation on the brink of destruction and enrich himself. How anyone can ever defend him is beyond comprehension and we should all be calling for him to be brought to justice. The non prosecution of Cheney and the rest of them has made me lose faith in our system. It has been swept under the rug and it stinks. I've said often that Cheney doth protest too much. He's as guilty as sin and is attempting to save face by using reverse psychology and the brainless are buying it hook, line and sinker.

Old 12-31-2009, 05:57 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
I have never been a believer in conspiracies but if someone showed me that Cheney was really the one behind the terrorists I would not even be surprised. I would put absolutely nothing past this evil, evil man.

Old 12-31-2009, 05:58 PM
LML

Quote:
Cheney is not a has been, he's actually never was. This excuse for a man has done nothing but bring our nation on the brink of destruction and enrich himself. How anyone can ever defend him is beyond comprehension and we should all be calling for him to be brought to justice. The non prosecution of Cheney and the rest of them has made me lose faith in our system. It has been swept under the rug and it stinks. I've said often that Cheney doth protest too much. He's as guilty as sin and is attempting to save face by using reverse psychology and the brainless are buying it hook, line and sinker.
I totally agree. When I saw that they were not going to prosecute Cheney I just threw up my hands in despair and disgust.

Old 12-31-2009, 06:01 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I totally agree. When I saw that they were not going to prosecute Cheney I just threw up my hands in despair and disgust.
Have you read anything about Vince Bugliosi?

Old 12-31-2009, 06:01 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times
Quote:
Really good point. He should be PROSECUTED. How did I forget that?

If he were more lucid and less cocky he would realize that a low profile would be the best way to go. I am disappointed in the Obama Administration for letting Cheney and the other torture folks "slide".......I honestly believed that they would have to answer for the things they did.

Old 12-31-2009, 06:09 PM

1,275 posts, read 3,415,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
I still marvel- for eight years, we couldn't find President Cheney, being in "an undisclosed location" pulling the puppet strings. And now we can't get rid of him.
Go away, draft dodger.
So true, I always felt he was the one running that little show. That "man" is truly despicable and would do anything for power and money. He's probably a very bitter individual now that he's no longer calling the shots hence the need to suddenly be in the media.

Old 12-31-2009, 06:12 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
I think the only reason Cheney was not prosecuted is because it would tear our country apart at a time when we're still at war, not to mention the fact that we don't have money to do it. Remember how much it cost to try to impeach Clinton? Plus I hear Ken Starr is not available. It would also not bode will overseas if everything he did came to light so soon after the fact. History will judge Cheney for what he was/is.

(The Starr comment is sarcasm.)

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 12-31-2009 at 06:17 PM.. Reason: added last two sentences

Old 12-31-2009, 06:21 PM
LML

Quote:
Have you read anything about Vince Bugliosi?
Yep, I've read some of his books too. There is an idea. Appoint him as special prosecutor.

I can't understand why people don't grasp the fact that if the neo cons had not kept everyone in government so distracted by trying to impeach President Clinton for getting a bj we might well have been able to prevent 911

They thought that the private sex life of Clinton was cause for impeachment but lying us into a war that cost hundreds of thousands of lives and trillions of dollars...hey, that's okay.

Old 12-31-2009, 06:26 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Default Just another "Daily Kos" rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
"So, Dick Cheney is back in the corporate media, telling everyone that President Obama is ignoring national security and endangering America. And the corporate media let him get away with it, as if he's some paragon of expertise on the issue. He is, in fact, the exact opposite. It was his administration's incompetence that allowed the worst ever attack on American soil, and it was his administration that followed that attack by undermining our national security, even more."

"The former chairman of the joint chiefs of staff, General Hugh Shelton, said the Bush administration pushed terrorism "farther to the back burner". And in a sympathetic portrait of the young administration, Bush at War, the president himself told the author, Bob Woodward, that he "didn't feel that sense of urgency" about going after Osama bin Laden. "

"When Senator Carl Levin, a Michigan Democrat who was then chairman of the Armed Services Committee, sought to transfer money to counterterrorism from the missile defense program, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld sent a letter on Sept. 6, 2001, saying he would urge Mr. Bush to veto the measure. Mr. Levin nonetheless pushed the measure through the next day on a party-line vote."

Daily Kos: Dick Cheney's Expertise At Undermining National Security
I was going to post a reply, till I saw the source.

This group is nothing but a propaganda group, and they lie.

Do you have any original thoughts to post? Is "Daily 'Kos' (whatever that means) your only source? That and the Soros funded, "Media Matters"?

Give me a break.

You just lost all credibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies