Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 12:32 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,934,551 times

Advertisements

And yet we have politicians, especially of the liberal stripe, wanting to tax the heck out of us for something that isn't happening?

In the wake of ClimateGate Are we going to find even more shoddy work passed off as science?

No Rise of Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide Fraction in Past 160 Years, New Research Finds

Quote:
ScienceDaily (Dec. 31, 2009) — Most of the carbon dioxide emitted by human activity does not remain in the atmosphere, but is instead absorbed by the oceans and terrestrial ecosystems. In fact, only about 45 percent of emitted carbon dioxide stays in the atmosphere.

snip
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 12:35 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Hey! That sounds like good news. Do you have a link I could click on so I can better see the source and read the entire article?

Old 12-31-2009, 12:35 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Oh no.

I think we can assume that the AGW fanatics have been afforded their rightful place in history -as hoaxsters, bamboozlers and frauds.

Amazing stuff coming out since the dog and pony show of Copenhagen.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:36 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Hey! That sounds like good news. Do you have a link I could click on so I can better see the source and read the entire article?
Hey! The link is right there for you, embedded in the sentence.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
No rise of atmospheric carbon dioxide fraction in past 160 years, new research finds

It was embedded but here it is anyway.

Prior to ClimateGate the communist left worked tirelessly using threats, especially threats to scientific reputation, to keep the mouths shut of anyone who disagreed with the "concensus". This aspect of the Al Gore game I found to be most disgusting.

And guess who came up with the notion of "carbon credits"? Yeah that's right, non other than KEN LAY of Enron fame! You could call KEN LAY, one of the patron saints of man made global. Why? Because The Market For Global Warming: Green is the Color of Money

I think we are going to be treated to ever more material like this. The true nature and scope of this hoax we have yet to see.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:53 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
i was just about to post this myself..

Quote:
This study re-examines the available atmospheric CO2 and emissions data including their uncertainties. It is shown that with those uncertainties, the trend in the airborne fraction since 1850 has been 0.7 ± 1.4% per decade, i.e. close to and not significantly different from zero.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:56 PM

844 posts, read 1,280,474 times
2 years ago, the far right was swearing up and down that they can ignore science, and that all the data coming out saying global warming is real was irrelevant.

Today: Data showing that GW may not be the issue it was claimed to be, and the far right swears by it.

When the science says what you dont agree with, its worthless. When it agrees with you, you cite it endlessly.

My thoughts: In the grand scheme, it doesnt matter much anyway.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
2 years ago, the far right was swearing up and down that they can ignore science, and that all the data coming out saying global warming is real was irrelevant.

Today: Data showing that GW may not be the issue it was claimed to be, and the far right swears by it.

When the science says what you dont agree with, its worthless. When it agrees with you, you cite it endlessly.

My thoughts: In the grand scheme, it doesnt matter much anyway.
Not at all.

I can read and think for myself and two years ago I knew climate change was a scam.

I've lived long enough to have lived through the hype before.

GLOBAL COOLING (1970's)
In 1974, the National Science Foundation predicts that declining world temperatures herald the beginning of "the next glacial age." A bestselling book in 1976, "The Cooling," states, "As Earth cools, as sunlight diminishes, as the range of snow and the length of winter increases, the possibility of a snow blitz grows greater and greater....Ice and snow covers more area today than even a decade ago, and by some indications the cooling has only begun."

Global temperatures start heating up, putting an end to the global cooling issue.

THE LIMITS TO GROWTH
(1970's)
In 1972, in an influential and widely-publicized report entitled "The Limits to Growth," the Club of Rome predicts that the world's population will hit 7 billion by 2000. As a result, there will be worldwide starvation as population growth outpaces the world's ability to feed itself. The price of natural resources such as gold, copper, tin, and particularly oil will skyrocket during the remainder of the century as supplies dwindle.

The world's population barely hits 6 billion by the end of the century. Natural resources are more abundant, and are less expensive in real terms, than they were when The Limits to Growth was published.

THE POPULATION BOMB
(1970's and 1980's)
In a bestselling and widely quoted book, "The Population Bomb," Dr. Paul Ehrlich writes, "In the 1970s and 1980s hundreds of millions of people will starve to death in spite of any crash programs embarked upon now. At this late date nothing can prevent a substantial increase in the world death rate..."

The 1970's and 1980's end with a dramatic decline in worldwide famine and mortality.

THE IMPENDING JAPANESE ECONOMIC TAKEOVER (1980s)
The Japanese economy expands robustly and begins to dominate high tech industries, under the direction of the Japanese government's Ministry of Trade and Industries (MITI). A series of bestselling books argue that the American free-market economy can no longer compete against countries that establish a strong business-government partnership.

The Japanese business-government collaboration collapses under its own bureaucratic weight, and is followed by fourteen years of economic stagnation in Japan.

NUCLEAR WINTER (1980's)
In bestselling books such as "The Fate of the Earth," anti-nuclear activists warn that the ongoing buildup of nuclear arms could result in "nuclear winter," and the end of virtually all human life on earth.

The U.S. continues to build up its nuclear weapons, which results in the peaceful end of the Cold War.

THE GREAT DEPRESSION OF 1990
(1990's)
In his bestselling book "The Great Depression of 1990," Dr. Ravi Batra predicts a collapse of the Western economies and a world depression that will arrive in 1990 and last for seven years.

A minor recession in 1990-1991 is followed by record-level prosperity throughout the rest of the decade.

Y2K
(1990's)
Hysteria builds as the year 2000 ("Y2K") approaches. Most computer data bases only allow two digit years (for example, 1957 is entered as "57"), leading computer experts to believe that computers will read "00" as 1900. A series of bestselling books such as "Time Bomb 2000" argue that there could be severe economic shutdowns and shortages as a result of this glitch. In the words of one computer expert (but typical of many others), "The Y2K problem is systemic. It cannot be fixed. The interconnections are too many. A noncompliant computer will spread bad data and re-corrupt a compliant computer. Either the noncompliant computers will re-corrupt the compliant ones, or else the compliant ones must cease all contact with noncompliant ones, thereby shutting down entire systems, most notably the banking system."

January 1, 2000 comes and goes uneventfully.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:33 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
I am sure there will be some people denying it until extinction.

Old 12-31-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I am sure there will be some people denying it until extinction.
That is it, so many people have so much invested they can not give it up.

Think about all the science school text books that will have to be reprinted once this hoax is fully recognized. We are talking hundreds of millions of dollars.

Been in a school lately? It is really sickening it is a new religion to so many people. Imagine if irrefutable proof came out that Christ never existed because to some global warming nitwits that is exactly how invested they are.

This whole thing is a Ken Ley Enron fraud and Al Gore should be going to prison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies