Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 05:30 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
"MediaMatters" as a "source." Lol!
Her source was "Media Matters". The other was "Daily Kos". One is as bad as the other.

But I resent the reference to Rush. He does not make stuff up. He only reports and discusses what's already out there, and it was pretty common knowledge that there was a problem with communication between agencies, and Jamie Gorelick had a lot to do with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 05:31 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Sorry, being SecDef does not quality as military experience.

Liberals should love this..

"Over his four years as Secretary of Defense, Cheney downsized the military and his budgets showed negative real growth, despite pressures to acquire weapon systems advocated by Congress.

The Department of Defense's total obligational authority in current dollars declined from $291 billion to $270 billion.

Total military personnel strength decreased by 19 percent, from about 2.2 million in 1989 to about 1.8 million in 1993."

Old 12-31-2009, 06:15 PM

817 posts, read 852,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
"I for one am sick and tired of these Bush-era chicken hawk politicians that never served in uniform attacking Democrats on National Security when in fact, they are largely to blame for our Nation's current national security problems. Apparently former Vice President Cheney and the likes of Senator Jim DeMint actually believe that they can score political points by forcing America to remember the incredible failures of the previous Administration and to that I say - "Bring it on." I have no problem running against their record of global economic failure, avarice, corporate greed run amok, no-bid insider contracts, and disastrous foreign policy decisions that left us isolated on the international stage at the very moment when we needed to count our allies. I welcome the opportunity for the Vice President to relive his glory days. And I welcome the opportunity to call him out and debate him one on one. Personally, I think it's time for Vice President Cheney to either put up or shut up."

Daily Kos: "Bring it on" Dick Cheney and Jim DeMint
Daily Kos? If you want to be taken seriously you may want to find a source other than that rag.

Old 12-31-2009, 06:51 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,819,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
"I for one am sick and tired of these Bush-era chicken hawk politicians that never served in uniform attacking Democrats on National Security when in fact, they are largely to blame for our Nation's current national security problems. Apparently former Vice President Cheney and the likes of Senator Jim DeMint actually believe that they can score political points by forcing America to remember the incredible failures of the previous Administration and to that I say - "Bring it on." I have no problem running against their record of global economic failure, avarice, corporate greed run amok, no-bid insider contracts, and disastrous foreign policy decisions that left us isolated on the international stage at the very moment when we needed to count our allies. I welcome the opportunity for the Vice President to relive his glory days. And I welcome the opportunity to call him out and debate him one on one. Personally, I think it's time for Vice President Cheney to either put up or shut up."

Daily Kos: "Bring it on" Dick Cheney and Jim DeMint
yeah yeah yeah............what i really want to know is, would you go hunting with him? please..............

Old 12-31-2009, 06:51 PM

59 posts, read 30,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post

"Over his four years as Secretary of Defense, Cheney downsized the military and his budgets showed negative real growth, despite pressures to acquire weapon systems advocated by Congress.

The Department of Defense's total obligational authority in current dollars declined from $291 billion to $270 billion.

Total military personnel strength decreased by 19 percent, from about 2.2 million in 1989 to about 1.8 million in 1993."

The left won't acknowledge that Cheney was an efficient and effective manager.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:48 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipschitz View Post
You mind providing a list of what Cheney the D*ck "managed" to do?

Old 01-01-2010, 10:33 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,694,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post

But wait. I thought it was Clinton who decimated and underbudgeted the armed services. That was and still is a huge right-wing talking point.

So, when Cheney does it, it's considered 'good management' but if any Democrat does it, it is called 'threatening our national security.' Thanks for clearing that up for me.

For anyone interested, a full list of Cheney's cuts here:
REPUBLICANS EMPTY SCARE TACTIC - CLAIMING ONLY DEMOCRATS CUT DEFENSE | ItsYourTimes.com

Mr. 'National Security' indeed.

Old 01-01-2010, 10:53 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipschitz View Post

He was efficient and effective, he expended little energy in running the country into the ground.......................

Old 01-01-2010, 01:03 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,275,092 times
You mention no bid contracts. Why don't you do a little research and find out how many no bid contracts were awarded under Clinton if you hate them so much.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:23 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,639,216 times
Poor Feel the Love, ever time he starts a thread, he makes a fool of himself. You would be better off keeping your fingers away from the keyboard, then people won't know the truth about you....!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies