Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the right wing brand of Christianity ruining America?
Yes 52 47.71%
No 52 47.71%
Not sure, maybe 5 4.59%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 01:03 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,804,161 times

Advertisements

This is an example of right wing brand Christianity!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6JuKnXJGTc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 01:04 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
And so you have just fulfilled the Bible prophecy in where the anti-Christ arrives. Look upon his face. You can see him now.
Wow! Do you realize how little sense you make with this post? Handle snakes much??

Old 01-02-2010, 01:04 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,661,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The Family Research Council (FRC) is a conservative, Christian right group and lobbying organization.
I think the Southern Poverty Law Center is correct to categorize the Family Research Council as a hate group.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:06 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,523,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
The Right Wing\ Bible-belt mentality is not ruining Christianity because it is not Christianity. The need to interpret the Bible as Laws & Judgments isn't Christianity. Unfortunately many evangelicals don't even have an educated clergy [no seminary\ to ordination\ no supervision]. Basically lay preachers w\out an understanding of Scripture. They are pretending to be Christian when they are far removed from anything resembling Christ.

2Ti 4:3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:4And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:09 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,550,711 times
Quote:
This is an example of right wing brand Christianity!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6JuKnXJGTc
No speakers, sorry

Old 01-02-2010, 01:21 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,589,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Wow! Do you realize how little sense you make with this post? Handle snakes much??
All the time.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:29 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,136,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
represents equality.
No, an "eye for an eye" represents vengeance and violence. Equality has nothing to do with it. If you feel compelled to "return the favor", you are just as guilty as your alleged perpetrator. I doubt even the Christian god would view that differently. What? Does the Christian god look down from above and cheer everyone on to take their distorted view of justice into their own hands? I don't think so. Gandhi was correct: an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:45 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,206,428 times
Quote:
Then they should stay totally out of government, politics, and the enactment of laws!

I totally disagree
this is supposed to be a free country, like it or not
I do not run around trying to throw non believers out
even if I might strongly disagree with them

Old 01-02-2010, 01:49 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,804,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I totally disagree
this is supposed to be a free country, like it or not
I do not run around trying to throw non believers out
even if I might strongly disagree with them
The point is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F
Jesus was about individuals helping others not the government taxing and forcing redistribution of wealth. Karl Marx would approve of the welfare state not Jesus.
If your Jesus is against doing good through government, why would he want you to use the government to oppress the people!

Old 01-02-2010, 01:53 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,206,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
As a non-Christian, I become "anti-Christ" only when someone is trying to shove their Christianity down my throat. All religion should be "don't ask, don't tell."

there are lots of us that do not tell everyone we meet we are Christians
but some folks thinks that means we are just to sit down and shut up
lest their little minds gets offended, good grief
I don't go freaking out every time someone I know says something I disagree with in life
when I see little pagans out in Little Five Points, I don't start having a hissy fit
or the loopy folks that want to throw God out of everything
good grief
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies