Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Rush Fake It?
Yes 26 25.49%
No 70 68.63%
Undecided 6 5.88%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 10:45 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,885,428 times

Advertisements

There is nothing to sneeze at when a person feels a sharp pain in the chest that might be compared to being stabbed with a ice pick. The pain is sharp and quick and over with in a second.

I have been there and a EKG does not always show any signs of heart trouble.

I have also had a few MRI's that appear negative.

Rush is lucky and I hope he stays that way.

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 11:02 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,095,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
In 1976 I had some severe discomfort all through my torso and thought it had to be a heart attack. I went to the ER and they told me to come back the next day for tests. See this happened on Sunday. I did have a problem that caused the discomfort but it turned out to be just very high cholesterol.

Now nearly 28 years later I had some of the classic symptoms of heart attack like wet skin, dizzy, heart burn-like feelings and very slight pains on the upper inside of both arms. I went directly to the ER and after testing me they said I didn't have a heart attack. 5 hours later they came in and told me that I did, in fact, have a heart attack. I was shipped off to a heart hospital that Sunday evening and Wednesday had my six bypass surgery. 3 arteries 85% blocked and three 95% blocked. I should have been dead but for some reason wasn't.

From my experience I will tell all of you that if you feel any of the classic symptoms of heart attack get your butt to the hospital as fast as possible. You may get some or many extra years by listening to those of us who have been there.

Limbaugh did not fake that at all. He did the smart thing. What are those people in those ERs there for?
roy! Im VERY glad you're all right.

years ago my girlfriend's much older husband went to the doctor for some basic checkup and the doctor said, how long ago did you have a heart attack? He didnt remember ever having had one, but the doctors could (see? hear?) a scarring, which indicated he certainly had.

so... you never know....

Old 01-02-2010, 11:30 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,411,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
There is nothing to sneeze at when a person feels a sharp pain in the chest that might be compared to being stabbed with a ice pick. The pain is sharp and quick and over with in a second.

I have been there and a EKG does not always show any signs of heart trouble.

I have also had a few MRI's that appear negative.

Rush is lucky and I hope he stays that way.

Steve
Thank you for not being stupid, inmature, and childish. It is better to be safe then sorry. In my husband's case, what saved his life, was getting to the hospital, soon as possible. Some heart burn, is so bad, that a person does think they are having a heart attack, i have experienced that, with my Italian stomach.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:59 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,206,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
Note: Please read entire post with disclaimer before replying. This is NOT a bash on Conservatives or Rush Limbaugh, but rather a general question about the realities of the ENTERTAINMENT industry as well as the recent events. If you are of the opinion that the answer is that Rush didn't fake his alleged heart attack, then please simply Vote "NO."

------------------------------

Honolulu, Hawaii (CNN) -- Tests that were performed on Rush Limbaugh after he was admitted to a Hawaii hospital for chest pains "found absolutely nothing wrong," the conservative talk show host said Friday.

Doctors gave Limbaugh an angiogram Thursday that revealed no evidence of arterial or coronary disease, he said.

The cause of his pain -- which he called "real" -- has not been determined.

----------------------------

Leaving politics or any of his controversial views aside, he's an ENTERTAINER. For entertainment purposes, what better way to rejuvinate a listening audience or to create a new one, than to have your name THROUGHOUT the news?

Afterall, one of the first declarations that I heard made from the Rush Limbaugh camp was when his next show would be on.

And for those that reply with, "I can't believe you'd question this..." etc, save it. You may be that naive, but most people aren't.

So, do you believe Rush Limbaugh faked it?
why would he need to fake it he has all the ratings he needs . just a ridiculous left wing conspiracy.

Old 01-02-2010, 12:01 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,682,701 times
Yep;he is like milloins of fakers that go to the hospital with chest pains every years and the hospitals that are co-conspirtators. I can't believe the OP is seious.Guess he thinks that the Florida coach is doing this so he can take a vacation.

Old 01-02-2010, 12:40 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,295,516 times
Well, with all the things he's claimed the left has faked over the years, turnabout is fair play.

Old 01-02-2010, 12:58 PM

24,495 posts, read 33,233,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I think the probability is above 50% - but I also think he planned to admit it afterwards.

I think the stunt would be childish, but nevertheless, an effective way of asking the question, "who do you think can replace me"?
Are you serious? The probability is 0%.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:02 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,116,414 times
I wouldnt be surprised. The man will twist.spin. lie about. discolor, taint. slant, distort, cover up, misrepresent, anything.

Old 01-02-2010, 02:21 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,267,652 times
As one who knows. . .

There are MANY conditions out there that mimic heart-attacks.

Hiatial hernia, reflux/heartburn, muscle spasms, esophageal spasms, gall-bladder disease, and panic attacks. . . All of which I have dealt with.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:24 PM

1,179 posts, read 973,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I think he's been faking it for years
Naw, he's just a natural a$$hole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies