U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2010, 07:30 PM

2,341 posts, read 1,961,381 times

Advertisements

So, with all the "bad" 5 year balloon notes on commercial real estate coming due over the next three years, how bad do you think the "crash" is going to be? My prediction is that we are in for another severe "correction."

Do you think the government will toss out another "bailout" for the large firms caught up in this mess? I can't imagine that they won't personally, especially based on what I have witnessed over the last year.

Do you think it will spill over to further reduce the value of residential properties?

Where do you all think the best investment opportunities will be?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 07:52 PM

11,542 posts, read 12,979,462 times
Don't fret it....Obama is in charge. Everything is going to be just fine.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:15 PM

86,067 posts, read 78,620,463 times
April 2009 warning.....

Zero Hedge: The One Trillion Commercial Real Estate Time Bomb

Old 01-02-2010, 08:25 PM

7,544 posts, read 7,791,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Don't fret it....Obama is in charge. Everything is going to be just fine.
That's what scares me the most.

The housing market is going to continue to be plagued by the looming mortgage defaults on the horizon. If the unemployment rate ever improves, it may avert some foreclosures. Unfortunately, I think the hardest hit will be the poorer areas, but people on all sides of the socioeconomic spectrum took out loans they couldn't afford, so who knows.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:32 PM

29,677 posts, read 37,077,313 times
At the begining of 2009 those commercial RE companies started removing benefits like matching 401k, sick time, vacation ect. Within the past month the jobs have virtually disappeared for those companies. Layoffs have been slow but increasing and within the next year many will implode. It's not going to be pretty. Housing prices are being allowed to be artificially inflated. Rent prices are artificially inflated and our government can't seem to understand that they don't have enough money to stave off that inflation till we can grow into it.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:35 PM

61,303 posts, read 81,318,674 times
as long as DC keeps bailout out banks there will be no crash. what we do have going on is "its a wonderful life" in reverse----- banking corporations becoming enormous property holders &
bunch of renters with a non union low pay day job.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:45 PM

2,341 posts, read 1,961,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
as long as DC keeps bailout out banks there will be no crash. what we do have going on is "its a wonderful life" in reverse----- banking corporations becoming enormous property holders &
bunch of renters with a non union low pay day job.
It's true that this will almost certainly lead to another massive transfer of wealth from the general public to the wealthy few who will be bailed out. Depressing really.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:56 PM

12,481 posts, read 9,568,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
So, with all the "bad" 5 year balloon notes on commercial real estate coming due over the next three years, how bad do you think the "crash" is going to be? My prediction is that we are in for another severe "correction."

Do you think the government will toss out another "bailout" for the large firms caught up in this mess? I can't imagine that they won't personally, especially based on what I have witnessed over the last year.

Do you think it will spill over to further reduce the value of residential properties?

Where do you all think the best investment opportunities will be?
I agree it going to be worse then the housing bubble. we can throw 2 trillion at it to slow the collapse down Why worry about paying for it dec 21 2012 is near

Old 01-07-2010, 11:50 AM

19,894 posts, read 17,204,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
That's what scares me the most.

The housing market is going to continue to be plagued by the looming mortgage defaults on the horizon. If the unemployment rate ever improves, it may avert some foreclosures. Unfortunately, I think the hardest hit will be the poorer areas, but people on all sides of the socioeconomic spectrum took out loans they couldn't afford, so who knows.
I agree with that. It is surely on both sides of the Spectrum. Out here so many gorgeous beautiful huge homes, and at unbelievable prices, some really low. Tried to rep ya, but, they won't let me, take this up with them. Still don't understand some of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies