Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 03:44 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,110,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
It seems to drive them crazy you're right. Cheney in particular. Bush was smarter than I thought, he left with his tail between his legs and learned to shut his pie hole for a change.
Although no one could accuse me of being a fan of W, I have to say that what he is doing is actually what presidents and vice presidents have ALWAYS done after leaving office. They have kept silence about the next administration. This has been the respectful way all previous holders of those offices have behaved until Dick Cheney came along. But Cheney has always believed that the rules don't pertain to him. He refers to the constitution as a "piece of paper." Refuses to respond congressional questioning. Refused to call himself part of the administrative branch despite the fact that he was because he didn't want to obey the law pertaining to the administrative branch. He manipulated the president, the CIA, and congress and used 9/11 as his own private tool to get whatever he wanted. So I will give W props for behaving in a respectful, accepted fashion while I will continue to believe that Cheney belongs in prison and has for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 03:50 PM

1,179 posts, read 975,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
The fact that they responded to the criticism, lends credence to it.
I have Zero confidence in this admin. to deal with anything effectively.
That's funny, considering you and your pals also complain when you feel the administration responded to something too slow. When you complain about both sides of the coin it only waters down your argument and makes one wonder if you have any integrity.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:54 PM
LML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
That's funny, considering you and your pals also complain when you feel the administration responded to something too slow. When you complain about both sides of the coin it only waters down your argument and makes one wonder if you have any integrity.
They don't seem to understand that, in this volatile world in which we live, most of us would much rather have a president who takes the time to actually gather facts and access the situation before speaking....rather than shooting from the lip and creating further chaos like the previous administration.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:55 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Although no one could accuse me of being a fan of W, I have to say that what he is doing is actually what presidents and vice presidents have ALWAYS done after leaving office. They have kept silence about the next administration. This has been the respectful way all previous holders of those offices have behaved until Dick Cheney came along. But Cheney has always believed that the rules don't pertain to him. He refers to the constitution as a "piece of paper." Refuses to respond congressional questioning. Refused to call himself part of the administrative branch despite the fact that he was because he didn't want to obey the law pertaining to the administrative branch. He manipulated the president, the CIA, and congress and used 9/11 as his own private tool to get whatever he wanted. So I will give W props for behaving in a respectful, accepted fashion while I will continue to believe that Cheney belongs in prison and has for years.
This is really well stated.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:56 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Can I debunk this story because it was generated by Fox News Sunday? Afterall, Obama hates Fox News and everything they stand for, so this story can't be true at all, even if it came from Obama's minions. Isn't that what liberals remind us of constantly - that since it came from Fox - it can't be true because of the bias? This story is clearly biased against Dick Cheney. I don't believe it.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:03 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Cheney "ignorant" of the facts?

Just how arrogant and low can this bunch get? What could they possibly know that Dick Cheney does not?
Probably all high-level intelligence gathered since 1/20/09! Cheney's been out of the loop for a year now. He needs to keep his pie hole shut.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
.rather than shooting from the lip and creating further chaos like the previous administration.
They seem to forget what that cost us in terms of our economy, debt, and human lives around the world.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:04 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Probably all high-level intelligence gathered since 1/20/09! Cheney's been out of the loop for a year now. He needs to keep his pie hole shut.
Oh, knowing Cheney, I'll wager he's not so far out of the loop.
Cheney has deep connections to the military.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The guy had his shot and he blew it.....BIG TIME He screwed the pooch and now has the audacity to try and defend his Neo Con policies after the damage has been done. Worse yet is taking a shot at the new leader who is stuck cleaning up his mess.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:07 PM
LML

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Oh, knowing Cheney, I'll wager he's not so far out of the loop.
Cheney has deep connections to the military.
Do you REALLY not know how much Cheney and Rummy are despised by the military?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies