Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 07:52 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,614,054 times

Advertisements

San Francisco owner says company’s franchisee rules hurt ‘the little guys’

SAN FRANCISCO - As gasoline prices reach new highs ahead of Memorial Day weekend, one station owner is charging rates that are shocking city drivers accustomed to some of the nation’s priciest pumps.

Oyster’s gas station in San Francisco charges $4.33 per gallon for economy grade and a $4.53 for premium — about 44 cents more than the next highest station tracked by SanFranciscoGasPrices.com.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18704129/from/RS.5/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 11:08 PM

326 posts, read 471,049 times
that idiot president, George W Bush, is probably going to raise nationwide gas prices as high as $5 if not even $6 a gallon before his reign of presidency is over.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:04 AM

125 posts, read 472,013 times
The Bush family has always been in the oil business. His presidency/reign is coming to an end, he has put the nation in debt up to our eyeballs and social security is in the toilet. Can't you see he is trying to save for his retirement? If gas prices go up, his family business is safe. The man can barely speak and we are expecting him to actually come up with a policy that works in America's favor? Shame on us! What are we thinking?

Old 05-22-2007, 12:08 AM

326 posts, read 471,049 times
[quote=justone321;748787] His presidency/reign is coming to an end, he has put the nation in debt up to our eyeballs and social security is in the toilet. QUOTE]

Of course he put the nation in debt up to the top of Mount McKinley! Bush is more like a dictator than a President! People are moving to Canada to escape Bush's reign of debt!

Old 05-22-2007, 12:17 AM

75 posts, read 278,681 times
I own two Texaco C-stores and make virtually nothing off gas. I do not even make enough off gas to pay the electricity it costs to run the pumps. Thank George for this problem, not the oil companies.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:31 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,027,584 times
Gasoline here in Connecticut east of Hartford for regular unleaded-absolute lowest price as of yesterday afternoon was $3.20 a gallon. Most of the state is higher. Even though I drive an economy car- its reaching a point of economic strangulation for me. If we have a terrorist attack on the fields and refineries in Saudi Arabia or elsewhere- or a hit from a hurricane later in the summer -easily $4.00 here and $5 in California- the breaking point is here or fast approaching for many of us.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:14 AM

3,674 posts, read 10,608,027 times
[quote=triton1;754290]
Quote:
Originally Posted by justone321 View Post
His presidency/reign is coming to an end, he has put the nation in debt up to our eyeballs and social security is in the toilet. QUOTE]

Of course he put the nation in debt up to the top of Mount McKinley! Bush is more like a dictator than a President! People are moving to Canada to escape Bush's reign of debt!
Really? Can you name one?

I have seen a number of canadians looking for info on moving to Texas, but I don't recall seeing anyone discussing moving to Canada. Maybe there is a reason for secrecy, or they just talk to you. Oooh, I see now. I am not sitting on your friend now, am I?

Old 05-22-2007, 09:11 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,633,377 times
That darn Bush. Last night he broke into my garage and siphoned all the gas out of my truck, my wifes suv, and our lawnmower!!!

All so we would have to swing by the local Exxon and buy more gas from his big oil buddies!

I also had a flat tire on the way to get gas, and it obviously wasn't a coincidence. Bush cut my tire so I would have to go buy another one from his big tire buddies!

Sitting there waiting for a new tire, I was thirsty. Was there a nice, clean eco friendly Al Gore sponsored water fountain for me to get a drink from? NO!!! There was a Dasani vending machine, and I had to fork over $1.50 for a basic necessity, thanks to Bush and his big water buddies!!!

Old 05-22-2007, 09:38 AM

223 posts, read 281,405 times
bush and his home boy chaney are not for the people of america.many companies are making millons due to the war & one of them is haliburton.chaney was pres of haliburton for 5 yrs.the bush admin is god awful & what they have done to this great country should be a crime.bush & chaney are oil people.they will NOT do anything about the foul corrupt low life worthless oil companies.btw.....WHY ARE THE US TROOPS STILL IN IRAQ ?

Old 05-22-2007, 09:46 AM

529 posts, read 1,893,167 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...rican-gas.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies