Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 01:37 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
If you happened to watch the show, the WH chef never mentioned the Obama's name one single time or even brought up the idea that Obama loves those sweet taters.

Did the gardener pick out her little girl's dress by mistake and have Michealle' wear it?

Someone needs to help the lady look a bit more classy instead of looking like a little girl in a hemans body.

So did Michealle' lie to the world about the taters or not?

What did she say? that Bubba loves his sweet taters and they do not even have any in the WH garden after stating she has them.

And to think someone else said on the show that they revamped the garden in early spring because the Obama's wanted certain healthful veggies. And to lie about having the sweet taters.

Amazing how someone wants to scam people into thinking they are planting a healthy garden to help kids learn to eat properly only to find out they are lying.

Shame on her.
What do those look like to you?

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-04-2010 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: copyright

Old 01-04-2010, 01:37 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,278,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
It's pretty sad that I watched this last night and one of the first things I thought was:

"Someone on CD will find some kind of crazy issue with Michelle Obama, either her dress, her choice of vegetable, or her just being on the show".

I was right!
Funny, I thought the same thing.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:38 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
It's pretty sad that I watched this last night and one of the first things I thought was:

"Someone on CD will find some kind of crazy issue with Michelle Obama, either her dress, her choice of vegetable, or her just being on the show".

I was right!

Wow, even you noticed the little girls dress she was wearing????

She must eat very well to have those manly arms.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-04-2010 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: lets leave her mother out of this

Old 01-04-2010, 01:39 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Are some posters too stupid, too lazy or both to read through a short thread and click on already posted links that include October pictures with sweet potatoes being wheeled from the White House garden?

First lady Michelle Obama harvests White House garden with D.C. fifth-graders - washingtonpost.com

Old 01-04-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:

Wow, amazing how they just showed up.

Guess the WH is not putting out the correct information on what was or was not planted then right.

Another mistake at the WH. Someone's head will roll for this mistake.

Maybe Bertha Lewis could have dropped them off during her last trip??

Old 01-04-2010, 01:41 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
<snip>So did Michealle' lie to the world about the taters or not?

What did she say? that Bubba loves his sweet taters and they do not even have any in the WH garden after stating she has them.
Suggestion.....read the damn thread before spewing your nonsense....

Old 01-04-2010, 01:42 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,454,424 times
Quote:
If you happened to watch the show, the WH chef never mentioned the Obama's name one single time or even brought up the idea that Obama loves those sweet taters.

Did the gardener pick out her little girl's dress by mistake and have Michealle' wear it?

Someone needs to help the lady look a bit more classy instead of looking like a little girl in a hemans body.

So did Michealle' lie to the world about the taters or not?

And to think someone else said on the show that they revamped the garden in early spring because the Obama's wanted certain healthful veggies. And to lie about having the sweet taters.

Amazing how someone wants to scam people into thinking they are planting a healthy garden to help kids learn to eat properly only to find out they are lying.

Shame on her.

ummmm "proud conservative woman"...have you read any of the responses on this thread that do in fact substantiate that there are sweet potatoes grown in the White House garden????

I really have ONE QUESTION for you who believe this is a big deal....WHY would Michelle Obama lie about growing sweet potatoes? I'm curious as to what theories you might come up with

Old 01-04-2010, 01:42 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,234,421 times
Quote:
Yams.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:43 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Take your beef up with

Because that post ^ is the reason I said what I said about Obama and leadership

Notice how they brought Barrack into this 1st not me
Who Me was pointing out that accusing First Lady Obama of lying about sweet potatoes growing in the White House garden was as ridiculous as accusing President Obama of being unprofessional for rolling up his shirtsleeves in the Oval Office. The accusations against both of the Obamas don't have anything to do with how the President has lived up to his responsibilities, and seem rather petty as complaints. You interjected, not to rebut Who Me's post, because, obviously, it would be difficult to pursue the topic of sweet potatoes in the garden and not appear petty, especially since there have been solid rebuttals to the OP's claim that the sweet potatoes weren't from the White House garden. Instead, you interjected, in an attempt to change the topic, by complaining about the President's leadership qualities, and that you think he's not keeping the White House thermostat low enough. That clearly has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
"Garden-gate? On the Iron Chef reality show Sunday night, FLOTUS Michelle Obama, in a cameo appearance, bragged about the sweet potatoes she had grown in her White House miracle garden. Many of you have emailed in, questioning the veracity of her claim. Inquiring minds want to know...check out the First Lady's on-line "planting plan"--no sweet potatoes listed! If, indeed, sweet potatoes were never grown in the garden, how did FLOTUS and the competing chefs pull sweet potatoes out of the ground at the White House? Was Desiree Rogers anywhere in vicinity in couture gardening togs??"

Laura Ingraham: Laura Unleashed

So who at the WH made the mistake of not properly knowing that Obamas favorite veggie, sweet taters was not even on this list put out by the WH.

How could they make such an important mistake????

They cannot even get that right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies