Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Concern level:
Completely apathetic 42 30.00%
Little concern 13 9.29%
Moderately concerned 25 17.86%
Very Concerned 53 37.86%
Keeps me up at night 7 5.00%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 11:03 PM

789 posts, read 1,527,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
unfortantly he doesnt.

I was just saying that marriage should not be part of the goverment at all, and that it should only belong to the church/religion.

hence each church/religion should be the ones who decide if men and women can get married to one of the same sex, not the goverment.
Human beings should all get the same rights though. Period.

Again, anything else would be uncivilized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 11:06 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
That is just...odd. No idea why you feel the need to have such a wall, but it's just...like I said, weird.

not a wall at all, I just believe in the concept of limited goverment, and limited goverment interference. unlike most who would rather live a nanny state than have a sense of self responsibility.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:13 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,377 times
Quote:
not a wall at all, I just believe in the concept of limited goverment, and limited goverment interference. unlike most who would rather live a nanny state than have a sense of self responsibility.
Right....so a nanny state is where you try your best to not be a complete & utter outright jack as* because...well, it's a nanny state. WHAT? LOL, that is some warped thinking....you see, I come from the mind set of not being a complete d*uche bag & trying to watch what I say or do because....well, I have feelings & since I'm a human being & those "others out there" are "humans" as well...they just may have feelings as well. It's called being a normal, nice person. You really don't need to think about it. If your words cause a reaction (psssst, you may not see the reaction immediately because you may be the type of person who is all "caught up in themselves"), then you just may be a d*uche bag. See how that works? Think....before you speak. It does wonders, I promise you.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:15 PM

789 posts, read 1,527,928 times
Quote:
Right....so a nanny state is where you try your best to not be a complete & utter outright jack as* because...well, it's a nanny state. WHAT? LOL, that is some warped thinking....you see, I come from the mind set of not being a complete d*uche bag & trying to watch what I say or do because....well, I have feelings & since I'm a human being & those "others out there" are "humans" as well...they just may have feelings as well. It's called being a normal, nice person. You really don't need to think about it. If your words cause a reaction (psssst, you may not see the reaction immediately because you may be the type of person who is all "caught up in themselves"), then you just may be a d*uche bag. See how that works? Think....before you speak. It does wonders, I promise you.

Nice one.

Old 01-08-2010, 06:03 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Homosexuality is technically "abnormal". However, abnormal=/=bad.

American Psychological Association (2009 report):

".. the research and clinical literature demonstrate that same-sex sexual and romantic attractions, feelings, and behaviors are normal and positive variations of human sexuality.."http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resources/sexual-orientation.aspx

Old 01-08-2010, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Us normal folks dont liken any kind of marriage to marrying a person of the same sex.

You intentionally play games with the analogy. The FACT is that gay sex is no more productive than goat sex. All it does is satisfy sexual urges.
Is 99.99% of heterosexual sex productive?

Are you saying you've only ever had sex to procreate?

So if you don't have any children, you've never had sex?

Or if you have 2 children, you've only had sex twice?

Or that you've had sex once or twice to procreate and the rest of time you've had non-productive sex with goats to satisfy your sexual urges?

Well okay...glad we know what "normal folks" like you are all about. Thanks for that.

Old 01-08-2010, 07:05 AM

Quote:
people always like to enspouse the seperation of church and state, but when it comes to marriage it is ok not to have speration of church and state, even with allot of liberals.

civil unions are in the venue of the goverment and marriages are in the venue of the church/religion. simple as that.
Quote:
So will these civil unions provide every single benefit that marriages do?
Well if marriage is only a religious matter, then those marriages performed in churches don't need to be legally recognised by the government.

And if those sacred religious marriages are not legally recognised by the government, there wouldn't BE any legal or financial benefits. I mean what does a sacred religious relationship have to do with anything legal or financial?..How sacreligious! And tacky! No doubt God will provide for those couples yes? They don't need the government to get involved and provide then with more than a 1000 or so secular legal and financial benefits.

So the only couples to get any legal and financial benefits from the government would be those with legally recognised civil unions.

Sounds fine to me.

Last edited by Ceist; 01-08-2010 at 07:14 AM..

Old 01-08-2010, 09:14 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Gay marriage bill defeated in NJ. The American people have once again spoken out against the homofascists' gay agenda of destroying the sanctity of marriage. Thank you, New Jersey!
They still have civil unions and many in New Jersey would like to see same-sex marriage.

New Jersey Backs Same-Sex Marriage: Angus Reid Global Monitor

I realize the poll was done in 2006 but I doubt the numbers have gone down since then.

Most Americans disagree on the name given to same-sex couples when they receive the same rights as married couples. Most prefer the term civil union. The big debate seems to be over a word: marriage. Most people think same-sex couples should have the same rights as married heterosexuals.

Update: http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1284.xml?...ea=;&strTime=0

More updated poll

The New Jersey Senate voted on the issue, not the citizens of NJ. I bet if the issue was put on the ballot, the people of NJ would vote for same-sex marriage.

Last edited by PurpleLove08; 01-08-2010 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: Needed to add another link

Old 01-08-2010, 09:16 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
"Failed marriages" began to occur because it became easier to get a divorce. It had nothing to do with gay rights. I'd love to see someone try to prove that gay rights caused failed marriages between opposite-sex couples.

Gay Marriage Seems to be Helping Straight Marriage | Gay Rights | Change.org

Proves the opposite!

Old 01-08-2010, 09:50 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
American Psychological Association. Are these the ame people who constantly say ' the prisoner is cured and is no threat to society" and when that person gets out of jail, commits more of the same crimes. Psychological, is not an exact science.

And answer to the original question, NO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies