U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 05:28 PM

723 posts, read 1,189,308 times

Advertisements

Besides Reid, I'd love to see Max Baucus, Ben Nelson, and Barney Frank all gone as well.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 08:17 PM

19,938 posts, read 17,109,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylar0201 View Post
Besides Reid, I'd love to see Max Baucus, Ben Nelson, and Barney Frank all gone as well.
Frank is in a very safe district, Nelson is not up for election until 2012, Baucus isn't up for election until 2014.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Frank is in a very safe district, Nelson is not up for election until 2012, Baucus isn't up for election until 2014.
Damn.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:36 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,885,984 times
Major shakeup in the house and senate - and that is a trend that will continue through the rest of Obamas term(s). But then Americans are always happier if one party doesn't control the potus/house/senate.

I think we will see inflation and interest rates rise steadily throughout the year.

I think new grads are completely screwed. I think companies will start hiring either the 'new' part-timers (37 hour a week) or try to hire consultants to avoid providing health coverage. Well, way more then in the past anyway.

I think that if you haven't bought a house by now chances are good that you never will.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Major shakeup in the house and senate - and that is a trend that will continue through the rest of Obamas term(s). But then Americans are always happier if one party doesn't control the potus/house/senate.

I think we will see inflation and interest rates rise steadily throughout the year.

I think new grads are completely screwed. I think companies will start hiring either the 'new' part-timers (37 hour a week) or try to hire consultants to avoid providing health coverage. Well, way more then in the past anyway.

I think that if you haven't bought a house by now chances are good that you never will.
Well, I wouldn't go as far to say a "major shakeup", but yes, there are some dems who'll lose their seats more than there will be repubs that will lose theirs. The House in particularly, will still be controlled by Dems regardless, but the Senate is more iffy at this time; particularly because of Reid, and changes that the Senate is watering down everything that the public is getting tired of.

I do agree however, that new grads will be screwed. Unless they are willing to do manual labor hard work, they may never find a good paying job within their field, even after Obama's term(s) are done with. China and big corporate business have too much control over our economy nowadays, and that won't change regardless of who is President.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:25 PM

6,797 posts, read 6,774,880 times
The biggest event going forward will be war in the mid-east. There will be many ramifications from what apears to be an inevitable attack.

Possible use of nuclear weapons by Israel or US.
Possible use of biological weapons by Hezbolah from Lebenon.
Terriorists strikes in several countries.
Disruptions of oil supplies and spikes in oil prices.
Terrorist attacks on US cities along Mexico/US border.
Stock and bond market corections
Further loss of rights and privacy due to National Security concerns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies