Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it treasonous to recruit, condone or advocate an "armed revolution" of America?
Yes it is, without a doubt 55 63.22%
No we should take our country back from "tyranny" 32 36.78%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 08:01 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Put you foot into the voting cubicle and it will be counted. Majority rules in America since we are a democracy. If you don't like it you might find one of the Islamic countries a better place to live since many radicals are also planning to kill Americans. Seriously, what you promote is dangerous & will be passed on to the authorities.
I think you put far too much faith in our democracy. If our democracy worked so flawlessly like you want to believe it does. Then why is there still no regulation of wall street? Why are the troops still in Afghanistan and Iraq? Our politicians are bought out by lobbyists, and the people are heavily controlled by the media and other special-interest groups. The political parties expect obedience from its members or they'll cut off funding. A good example of this is Lieberman who runs as an independent because after being a democrat for many years, his party turned on him because of his views on the war. Even though he still won as an independent, and that may seem like proof of "the system works", it is actually the exception and not the rule. If Leiberman had not been an incumbent he would have never gotten elected as an independent in the first place.

Most of the people talking about armed revolution are LIBERTARIAN GROUPS, who agree with neither the Democrats or the Republicans(although they tend to side with Republicans more often). These Libertarians are not for legalizing marijuana or abortion or gay marriage or anything else. They simply don't believe the FEDERAL government has authority over these institutions. Most LIBERTARIANS believe in states rights, and usually see absolutely nothing wrong with California allowing gay marriage as long as they aren't trying to force Kansans to recognize it. The problem that democrats and republicans have is, they basically have complete control over the entire country and are not keen on giving up that power. And they could care less about the rest of us.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 01-05-2010 at 08:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 09:47 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,389,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I think you put far too much faith in our democracy. If our democracy worked so flawlessly like you want to believe it does. Then why is there still no regulation of wall street? Why are the troops still in Afghanistan and Iraq? Our politicians are bought out by lobbyists, and the people are heavily controlled by the media and other special-interest groups. The political parties expect obedience from its members or they'll cut off funding. A good example of this is Lieberman who runs as an independent because after being a democrat for many years, his party turned on him because of his views on the war. Even though he still won as an independent, and that may seem like proof of "the system works", it is actually the exception and not the rule. If Leiberman had not been an incumbent he would have never gotten elected as an independent in the first place.

Most of the people talking about armed revolution are LIBERTARIAN GROUPS, who agree with neither the Democrats or the Republicans(although they tend to side with Republicans more often). These Libertarians are not for legalizing marijuana or abortion or gay marriage or anything else. They simply don't believe the FEDERAL government has authority over these institutions. Most LIBERTARIANS believe in states rights, and usually see absolutely nothing wrong with California allowing gay marriage as long as they aren't trying to force Kansans to recognize it. The problem that democrats and republicans have is, they basically have complete control over the entire country and are not keen on giving up that power. And they could care less about the rest of us.
Thanks for providing me with some valuable information. But is this a valid reason to kill other Americans? To be honest with you, I am frightened by you and very nervous you may do something that means Americans are killed. Nothing is worth that. Hell, we are suppose to be focusing on radical Arabs not each other. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:49 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
It's funny that many here who were all up in arms about profiling terrorists are suddenly ready to call the FBI and talk the tough talk with "bring it on" to a forum poster.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:51 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,389,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
It's funny that many here who were all up in arms about profiling terrorists are suddenly ready to call the FBI and talk the tough talk with "bring it on" to a forum poster.
Maybe you realize what you write is wrong & close to tyranny [reportable to the FBI

Old 01-05-2010, 10:08 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Thanks for providing me with some valuable information. But is this a valid reason to kill other Americans? To be honest with you, I am frightened by you and very nervous you may do something that means Americans are killed. Nothing is worth that. Hell, we are suppose to be focusing on radical Arabs not each other. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Who says I want to kill anyone? Do you think the founding fathers actually wanted to kill the British? They just wanted the British to leave us alone. The British just refused and war broke out. There does not need to be a war, but it is guaranteed there will end up being a war, because people like you defend the government even when it is not in your best interest.

I only advocate limiting the government to its original mandate. Back to the country that sparked freedom and democracy across the world. Why is that idea foolish and criminal?

Old 01-05-2010, 10:13 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Jefferson was a revolutionary partially because of the TAX BURDEN the colonists were encumbered with.

That said, one reason we have the right to bear arms is to take the gov't back when it is no longer working for the people. When the gov't thinks We The People are idiots and too stupid to have a say in policy, too dumb to understand scientific and economic principles; when the gov't thinks we do not understand cause and effect; when politicians think they are smarter than their constituents; when the gov't forgets its mandate comes from the people, thats when we need to think about revolution.

That's right, but we haven't yet gotten to that point, unless you believe the election of Barack Obama qualifies as forgetting it's mandate came from the people.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
I think you are trying to make this too much of an "Us vs Them" scenario. Do you believe there were no militia groups during the Bush presidency? Do you think there were no Liberty groups against things like the patriot act? Of course the militia groups are going to be angrier now that a democrat is in office. Democrats usually advocate a repeal of the second amendment, and massive expansion of the federal government through things like healthcare reform, and other entitlements.

The question a militia group battles with is, is a revolution necessary, can things still be fixed? Is it worth it to risk my life or my families life? Have things gotten bad enough that something "must be done" now. Most of these militia groups have families, they have jobs, they are very afraid of the same things you are afraid of. They don't want to kill, and they don't want anyone to die, and they don't want to die themselves. Most of them are devout god-fearing Christians, who believe that will go to hell if they were responsible for commiting evil.

So what do you think. Is a revolution necessary? Can things still be fixed?

I have no doubt that things could be fixed, the question is, will they be fixed? No government voluntarily becomes smaller, what government official is going to vote himself out of a job?

Is it worth it to risk my life or my families life? Have things gotten bad enough?

For the most part, things in this country aren't "too bad". Most of the immoral behavior and crime-infested areas of the country are limited to sections of major cities. Most libertarian and right-wing groups have successfully been able to "flee the cities" to mostly avoid having to coming into contact with the effects of liberalism. But as the democrats are threatening to raise taxes more and more, "hiding out" in the country will become less possible. As all Americans will be mandated to buy healthcare, it will be impossible to avoid liberalism.

But even with that said, I have a job, even if taxes were to be raised, I still wouldn't be poor by any means. I would still be far better off than most other countries in the world. Am I really ready to give all that up because I may have to end up paying another 10% a year in taxes or other fees, or because some gay guys want to get married? Or because the United States keeps sending our men and women to die in other countries? Or because some slutty girl got pregnant and wants an abortion? Or because they won't allow me to pray in school, but they teach evolution and not creationism?

Is it really worth it? And when will it be worth it? At what point do we finally have to put down our foot and say, no more.

So, "liberalism" is an enemy of America?

How so?

Old 01-05-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:

I only advocate limiting the government to its original mandate.
Ummmm....how would you do that?

Old 01-05-2010, 10:44 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
These people sound eerily similar to Southerners in the 1850's. If Glenn Beck and his types want to start their own little "revolution" if Obama wins election in 2012, I'd be more than happy to see him and his crocodile tear-crying self thrown in jail for treason.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:25 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,533,012 times
BHO used words in his campaign that DEFINATLY had 2 meanings. But we know now what the game is all about. So all those votes that HE HAD from Americans who believed him are GONE. The only one's he has left are from the LEFT. You are out numbered.

The ONLY way he will get re-elected is if Acorn commits voter fraud AGAIN. So is that what I'm hearing on this forum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies