Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2010, 05:26 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I don't really get your point about saying, "Well see, there you go... you actually have stumbled upon the reason we certify documents in the first place" unless it is meant to a condescending remark. I threw that in there to point out that any "birther" attempt to reject as a forgery any long form BC that may appear in the future could be easily discredited--or proven, as the case may be, and with near 100% certainty--with a forensic examination by document experts.
Yes... you missed that point rather dramatically. My point was that we have legal standards specifically to shut down outrageous demands like forensic examinations.

Even the consideration of a forensic examination is silly. It constitutes a rather profligate act of feeding the trolls. I can only suspect it too is attributable to your earlier statement that you do not follow the Birther blogs.

There is no forensic examination by any document expert that is likely to resolve the issue for any Birther. They evaluate credibility based on a single criterion; does the information conform to their prejudices. Let me give you two examples:

When the COLB was first released, a a Birther who went by the pseudonym "Dr. Ron Polarik" published an error filled, incompetent analysis of the COLB image and declared it a forgery. At the same time an acknowledged expert in digital forgeries named Dr. Neil Krawetz published a rebuttal that eviscerated "Polarik's" analysis.

Polarik was later revealed to be a total fake with no expertise whatsoever in any field relevant to the COLB. To this day, Birthers revere the finding of the fake expert, and reject those of the real expert.

Here's a more recent example. The Ambassador from Kenya is led by a talk show host to seemingly confirm that Obama's birthplace is in Kenya. He has no actual first hand knowledge of Obama, or access to any Obama records. He never actually says that Obama was born in Kenya, and any review of the audio tape can show he was being asked misleading questions, and one day later when the Birthers start crowing about it he offers an explicit denial.

Now, the Republican Governor of the State of Hawaii comes out during an interview and states unequivocally that Obama was born at Kapiolani Hospital in Honolulu. She states that she knows this, because she instructed the Director of the Department of Health to access Obama's original birth certificate and personally check.

Birthers just this week continue to believe the Kenyan Ambassador, and accuse the American Governor of Hawaii with lying.

Are you starting to understand why nobody else suffers from the misconception that releasing the long form, even followed by a forensic examination, would make a difference? Even the Birthers themselves do not really believe it would.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:33 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
OK, I'll grant that the issue has been settled legally.
How so?

Every single case brought before a court has been dismissed because of standing. There has been NO discussion/trial on the merits of particular cases.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:00 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Every single case brought before a court has been dismissed because of standing. There has been NO discussion/trial on the merits of particular cases.
Standing is the first merit.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:11 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I don't really get your point about saying, "Well see, there you go... you actually have stumbled upon the reason we certify documents in the first place" unless it is meant to a condescending remark. I threw that in there to point out that any "birther" attempt to reject as a forgery any long form BC that may appear in the future could be easily discredited--or proven, as the case may be, and with near 100% certainty--with a forensic examination by document experts.
Doesn't that seem just a tad extreme? We have never asked anothe president or candidate to even present a birth certificate to the general public, and here we go saying that the BC that the gov. of Hawaii has verified needs to be examined by document experts?

Old 05-07-2010, 09:13 PM

229 posts, read 241,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Oh really? Seeing that all the legal scholars who deal with Constitutional law think birthers are nuts, I'm sorry, but yes yOU have to be a Constitutional Lawyer and scholar to even attempt to try and interpret the meaning of that document. you and the rest of your ilk, try to redefine the Constitution simply because of your blind hatred of Obama.

That is very apparent in all of your statements
I hate what he stands for. He actually seems to be a personable guy that I could shoot pool with ... we woild just avoid politics.

I honor the document where Bama would just assume use to wipe himself with.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:28 PM

229 posts, read 241,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Oh and you are an expert on the constituion? You can judge others with better understanding of the document? you are nothing more than a bogart with an issue that a black man is in office and there is nothing you can do about it.

Your 'extensive' research is to quote mine several "paragraphs' and sentences out of context to try and make it mean a different thing. as demonstrated by your last couple of posts. Your "research" deals with the repeated claims of kooks.

Your "research" is as **** poor as your understanding of all the legal court decisions that have declared what a Natural Born Citizen is. Many court cases in 200 years dealt with the issue, and you like your ilk, refuse to even understand them. Fortunate for us, the real decisions come from those that wear black robes and have dismissed all 68 cases trying to argue Obama's eligibility status.

and your continued misuse of my Screen name here is offensive, as I've told you once that my screen name doesnt mean that. I've done nothing to twist your name, so you should do the same.
OK A Rouse ,

Just cause you got bagged using the finest of MSNBC tricks of partially quoting to to change the context doen't mean you have to get all nasty.

I know your pissed cause your little game of posting without the links did not work. Pretending you read it in your extensive personal library or extracting it from your large open mind is pathetic.

Post the links

All I did was google your "list O' constitutional experts" and after 3 or 4 they it became apparent that the issue of "naturalized" is not yet fully resolved. So those "kooks" were on your list.

I never backed professor confessor, merely stated and provided the transcript where the translator clearly said "she was present". Like any normal person I discounted it as a bad translation due to the over 100 possible alternative translations.

So I never backed a kook but sure read a list provided by one.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:19 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deturmind View Post
OK A Rouse
and your continued abuse of my screen name will earn you a place on ignore. I do not respond to those who show disrespect.

If you can't argue on the merits of the discussion (however you have none), and all you can do resort to name calling, you are not one to engage in any social discourse

However, your continued misrepresentation and repeated lies can be seen by everyone on this board, for your gross ignorance on birth in this country and how one earns citizenship.

By your standards, no woman, Chinese, american Indian, black, or any other than a white man can ever be a citizen or is eligible for the office of the President of the United states. And that says a lot about the entire birther movement.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:22 PM

122 posts, read 104,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Here's a more recent example. The Ambassador from Kenya is led by a talk show host to seemingly confirm that Obama's birthplace is in Kenya. He has no actual first hand knowledge of Obama, or access to any Obama records. He never actually says that Obama was born in Kenya, and any review of the audio tape can show he was being asked misleading questions, and one day later when the Birthers start crowing about it he offers an explicit denial.

Just for fun....

Partial transcript ...
Radio Jockey: President elect Obama's birth place over in Kenya -- is that going to be a national spot to go visit where he was born?

Ambassador Peter Ogego: It's already an attraction. His paternal grandmother is still alive, and uh ...

Radio Jockey:But his birth place...they'll put up a marker there...

Ambassador Peter Ogego: It would depend on the government. It's already well known.

YouTube - Kenyan Ambassador admits Obama born in Kenya
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
... any review of the audio tape can show he was being asked misleading questions ...
Oh suuuuure.
Since the ambassador said "his paternal grandmother is still alive" he was definitely talking about our putative president Obama, and not Obama Senior.

And if you like that, you will definitely love this one...

(downloads the .pdf file)
http://www.parliament.go.ke/parliament/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid= 127&Itemid= (broken link)
Kenyan Parliament
NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
OFFICIAL REPORT
Thursday, 25th March, 2010
The Minister for Lands, Mr. Orengo says on page 31:
"If America was living in a situation where they feared ethnicity and did not see itself as a multiparty state or nation, how could a young man born here in Kenya, who is not even a native American, become the President of America?"
The link is found on this page:
Parliament of the Republic of Kenya
Downloads | 2010 | Weekly Hansards (http://www.parliament.go.ke/parliament/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=64&l imitstart=5 - broken link)
the second Weekly Plenary Hansard 25.03.10P, file size 334Kb

Old 05-07-2010, 10:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red red rose View Post
Just for fun....

Partial transcript ...
Radio Jockey: President elect Obama's birth place over in Kenya -- is that going to be a national spot to go visit where he was born?

Ambassador Peter Ogego: It's already an attraction. His paternal grandmother is still alive, and uh ...

Radio Jockey:But his birth place...they'll put up a marker there...

Ambassador Peter Ogego: It would depend on the government. It's already well known.

YouTube - Kenyan Ambassador admits Obama born in Kenya

Oh suuuuure.
Since the ambassador said "his paternal grandmother is still alive" he was definitely talking about our putative president Obama, and not Obama Senior.

And if you like that, you will definitely love this one...

(downloads the .pdf file)
http://www.parliament.go.ke/parliament/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid= 127&Itemid= (broken link)
Kenyan Parliament
NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
OFFICIAL REPORT
Thursday, 25th March, 2010
The Minister for Lands, Mr. Orengo says on page 31:
"If America was living in a situation where they feared ethnicity and did not see itself as a multiparty state or nation, how could a young man born here in Kenya, who is not even a native American, become the President of America?"
The link is found on this page:
Parliament of the Republic of Kenya
Downloads | 2010 | Weekly Hansards (http://www.parliament.go.ke/parliament/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=64&l imitstart=5 - broken link)
the second Weekly Plenary Hansard 25.03.10P, file size 334Kb
Where is the ambassador's proof?

Old 05-07-2010, 10:29 PM

122 posts, read 104,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Where is the ambassador's proof?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies