Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2010, 09:11 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Here is my first post on this thread. I thought this was odd.

"HONOLULU – It's now law in Hawaii that the state government can ignore repetitive requests for President Barack Obama's birth certificate.

Republican Gov. Linda Lingle signed into law Wednesday a bill allowing state government agencies not to respond to follow-up requests for information if they determine that the subsequent request is duplicative or substantially similar to a previous request.

The law is aimed at so-called "birthers," who claim Obama is ineligible to be president. They contend the Democratic president was born outside the United States, and therefore doesn't meet a constitutional requirement for being president."

New Hawaii law shuns Obama birth document requests - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100513/ap_on_re_us/us_obama_birth_certificate_2 - broken link)

Obama is not a natural born citizen..based on his fathers citizenship. Does not matter if he was born in Hawaii.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:46 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Obama is not a natural born citizen..based on his fathers citizenship. Does not matter if he was born in Hawaii.
Why not spend your time doing something constructive instead of whining on internet
message boards, Obama is POTUS and will remain so until he finishes at least one
term but more than likely two terms, or is impeached by congress whatever comes
first...good luck.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:20 AM

122 posts, read 104,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
This website is run privately, you can be censored at will.
Quote:
I do not support letting the crazies have all access to free speech.
OK, the "free speech" phrase set me off.

I agreed to certain rules when I signed up for this forum.
The forum owners have the right to censor or remove my posts, or even ban me if they so wish.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:22 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I thought this was odd.
it's very odd as in it's a very unusual measure fore a state to take. i don't think, however, that it's part of a massive government conspiracy to hide obama's birth place.

i think the key phrase here is "repetitive requests" ( and i'm curious what exactly that means legally ). you can still call up and ask for information, you just can't ask for the same information over and over and over again because you don't like the answer.

atleast that's my take on it. will be interesting to see if anyone tries to fight it in court.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:27 PM

29 posts, read 28,871 times
Has anyone ever read this article?

An investigative report detailing the Obama eligibility controversy

Quite interesting.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:50 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshadow View Post
Has anyone ever read this article?

An investigative report detailing the Obama eligibility controversy

Quite interesting.
More like informative.

Old 05-16-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Why not spend your time doing something constructive instead of whining on internet
message boards, Obama is POTUS and will remain so until he finishes at least one
term but more than likely two terms, or is impeached by congress whatever comes
first...good luck.
There are millions who agree with me and their numbers are growing....the Obamabots do not care if Obama is an illegal President.

The Law Dictionary..clearly states..Obama is not qualified. Try finding page 833 on the internet...you cannot. Why is Google blocking its access? Copyright or misprision ?

There is an American Law Dictionary defining Obama not qualified to be President and the posting of this information is not constructive..yes to his supporters. Obama supporters want this information hidden...that is why they attack the posters..with remarks like 'whining"

Old 05-16-2010, 04:08 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
There are millions who agree with me and their numbers are growing....<snipped for relevance>
And there are millions more who believe the millions that think like you
are nuts.....

Old 05-16-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
And there are millions more who believe the millions that think like you
are nuts.....

Does this mean the Author, Judge Bouvier; the Banks Law Publishing, the Oldest Law Publishing House in America; the Editor.. William Baldwin are nuts? Was Vattel nuts?

Old 05-16-2010, 06:29 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:

The Law Dictionary..clearly states.."
you never addressed why the column width is noticeably thinner. something that wouldn't happen by simply "highlighting" a segment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies